Olivia Palermo Gossip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can see girls aspiring to dress like Olivia but when it comes down to what actually suits their day-to-day life --"

^ Well, I would think it's fairly obvious that comparing Olivia in any way to Ralph Lauren and his career was not the point I was making at all....But to say many, particularly young, people don't aspire to dress as they would if they were living a different lifestyle is obviously not the case...And Olivia is going to turn 25 soon- I doubt if the core market for whatever she does would be the teenagers...As you seem to be so sure of what the future holds for Olivia there is probably no point in pursuing the discussion any further...And btw- the bulk of the profits for RL Corp are from chinos and Polo shirts, not lifestyle accessories and bedding, which is a very small part of their income...:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
just wanted to say about the whole Olivia's style being 'ladies who lunch' and therefore ott or unrelatable...if you walk around in London whether it's Regent Street or Sloane Street, the majority of the girls dress similar to how she does. She wears jackets, leather trousers, sweaters...all of her looks can be emulated easily and cheaply in Topshop, Mango, Miss Selfridge because that's the look thats 'in' right now -her style is very relatable to young teens to slightly older women at least that's what I've seen here in the UK, and in NY, Paris...

^ Yes- I think Lily van der Woodson on Gossip Girl is like a real 'Ladies Who Lunch" type, which is not close to Olivia's usual look....:wink:

:D in the German magazine scan on page 6, her boyfriend says that Olivia has a knack for style and that they help/collaborate on fashion (I'm paraphrasing). He says she accelerated his interest in style and that it's a "give and take" fashion situation with them. "naturally she has influenced me" . . . cute!!
(sorry if someone has already translated this, I haven't read the whole thread)

Personally, I think the expression "pulled together" suits her better than "ladies who lunch". In fact, she dresses like pretty much every posh / professional (young) woman out there. Indeed, Olivia's style is a great inspiration for those of us who need to look respectable on a daily basis (let's face it, I would not be taken seriously at work if I dressed like Alexa Chung). This is why her style has taken the fashion world by storm: she is the only "current" style icon that can be replicated by women with a greater disposable income (who incidentaly can still afford their magazine subscriptions).

However, as somebody mentioned before, Olivia is just a pretty girl that wears pretty clothes. I love her clothes but am yet to see a personality. How difficult is it to put together a black outfit? There's absolutely nothing special about her. If she does not work on her brand (whatever it may be), somebody will come and dethrone her sooner than later.

As for the comparisons with Lauren Conrad and Tinsley... really? LC's resume is impressive regardless of whether we like her or not. Heck, even Tinsley who is practically a bag of cheap shiny tack is a better businesswoman than Olivia.

11111111112222222222222.jpg

BTW- does anyone know what happened to Olivia's friendship with Byrdie Bell? Back when they were in almost every picture together- they must have been great friends... :unsure:

Brydie made fun of Olivia's older staple look of black opaque tights and black heels in a myspace photo comment on a photo where they were photographed together front row at a fashion show i believe....they havent been seen together since!

Does anyone know what she is up to for the holidays? I was hoping for pictures from Cabo or St Barts... :P

well... what i know is that her bf is here in germany and she is with her family (that's what he said in some german interview)

that IS weird... in that interview he said something like "we're not a family yet, so she is with her family and i'm in germany"... but they are engaged, right???

The rise and rise of Olivia Palermo continues apace, with the lady herself dropping another detail about her plans for fashion world domination.

Remember that new TV show she’s got in the works? Turns out that cameras will follow Palermo as she develops her own clothing line, she said in an interview with a Spanish magazine.

Although we’re pretty sure that that was the exact concept behind The City, in which Palermo came across as something of a fashion villain, count us in... Now, can anyone tell us whether this show will make it to the UK any sooner than the last Palermo series?

elleuk.com

^No they are not engaged. I also don't find it weird that she decided to be with her family and he decided to be with his family considering that they barely ever see each other and well O&J get to spend a lot more time together on a regular basis. I have been with my bf for almost 3 years and both our parents live in 2 different countries. I ended up spending Christmas with mine and he was with his parents. Now we are back in London for NYE together. Plus some time apart is probably a good thing! I think they did the right thing and its normal for them to be with their own families.

I'm not sure why I find this so amusing- maybe it's just that she appears to be driving either an SUV or (God forbid) a Minivan!! I guess in my mind Olivia always gets around in a Chuck Bass Type chauffeured Stretch Lincoln!! :D

113591789.jpg
113591783.jpg

GettyImages.com

like this, right :wink:

screencap source: youtube.com/watch?v=cMSmj2KHTKw

but i don't know, she looks kinda cool driving a car B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->