Olivia Palermo Gossip!

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by michyed, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollagasper

rollagasper New Member

Yeah, considering how often she carries the Hermes clutch and how she wears heck out of certain shoes, I don't think she's the kind of girl to buy fake designer pieces to be "trendy". A lot her trendy pieces are high street, but I think her classic items, like the Hermes bags and YSl tributes are all real.

2. Caroliiine

Caroliiine Active Member

Her black Birkin is definitely real. That's the one she bought herself for her 21st birthday.

But it wouldn't be totally strange to get a fake. Paris Hilton used to carry them because she kept losing hers.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

^ She is beautiful, very nice (I am told) and has great style and creativity; not many people can build a big career dressing for social gatherings and walking to Starbucks- I love her in any case!! :flower:

4. Lacroix

Lacroix New Member

No there's not, thats a stupid rumour. In at least the London and Paris Hermes locations there is no wait list, there's only a waiting time if you want to have a specfic one made

Birkins are not exclusive at all anymore, so many people, celebrity and non, have them

5. therawpower

therawpower New Member

i cant believe people spend time on thinking about if her birkin is real or fake.
    get over it, its not our business

6. couturecouture

couturecouture New Member

I'd be surprised if she had a fake. I'm sure she is educated on the fake trade industry and would not support it (aside from when she had to do that project for Elle).

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

^ Yes, and after that horrific New York Magazine thing I can't imagine she would leave herself open to another big scandal just to save a few bucks... :(

8. philosophia

philosophia New Member

i don't think one's amount of wealth has anything to do with the fact whether one would buy fakes or not. i know someone whose husband runs a hotel chain and is one of the richest persons in the country, yet, she told me she loved going to china and buy fakes (!!!!!) because no one could tell anyway! that said, i don't think olivia's birkins are fakes though... i mean, for someone like olivia, this is the last kinda of story she wants the papers/magazines to run about her don't you think?

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

^ Yes- how many of Tinsley's friends would like nothing better than to drag something like this out since Olivia has become such a fashion star and Tinsley has...fallen from grace, shall we say?? :huh:

10. rollagasper

rollagasper New Member

As a fashion insider who purports to support designers, it would be such a scandal if the bags were fake. Ha ha!

11. RandomGlitter

RandomGlitter New Member

Thanks for the info!

12. MissyJG

MissyJG New Member

yup. I know people who have A LOT more money then Olivia has. But they still buy fakes.. Even though some of them can definitely afford it, they are reluctant to spend so much money on fashion. The hilton sister bought/buy fakes.. I'm guessing Olivia would buy the real thing but it wouldn't totally suprise me if it was fake. I don't really care if it's real or not though.

#112 MissyJG, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by moderator little*birdy: Nov 15, 2010
  13. couturecouture

I completely agree.

14. loladonna

loladonna New Member

I'm sure Olivia used her money from the City to wisely invest in some classic pieces:smile: I think she'd be too mortified to be publicly outted for carrying fakes.

I've never honestly cared for Hermes bags and don't think they are worth the ridiculous price. Seeing the likes of Heidi Montag and Kim Kardashian carrying one in every color hasn't exactly made them any more appealing to me.

15. RandomGlitter

RandomGlitter New Member

I agree-- they used to be a display of refined wealth, but now they are just the opposite, thanks for all of those ladies mentioned above.

16. couturecouture

I feel the same way.

17. jadoreNYC

jadoreNYC New Member

I doubt its a fake... Those people are just looking for another story to report

18. philosophia

philosophia New Member

can't agree more! i still love the birkin and all... it's just... well, it seems less special now seeing all the trashy stars carrying it out and about :cry:

19. philosophia

philosophia New Member

hahaha... tinsley is soooo 2005 :lol: everything just seems to go downhill for her since the divorce. very sad. i don't particularly hate her but her face is waaaay too plastic for my liking :lol: and the other thing is, she wears a lot of expensive clothes but most of the times it's more like the clothes wearing her, if you know what i mean?

20. loladonna

loladonna New Member

I just read about Olivia getting her own reality show. I really hope she has developed a personality, a sense of humor and some wit since I saw no evidence of any of those traits during her stint on The City. Beauty and style cannot carry an entire show in the absence of any charisma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.