Outfit look-alikes #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givenchy Spring 2004 & Balenciaga Spring 2013 (getty,style)
QndjYFg.png

I don't think they're that different. Definitely different construction and inner workings to produce the architectural and movement effects, but the premises are still similar.

Great catch for that Givenchy/Balenciaga!
As Hubert de Givenchy was very close to Cristobal Balenciaga (Balenciaga gave him access to his sketches and everything), i wouldn't be surprised if they have much more common archives.

Zuhair Murad S/S 2015, Emilio Pucci S/S 2012

Zuhair_Murad_002_1366.jpg
00370fullscreen.jpg

Basically the how collection is a mix of the good old Elie Saab, Versace, D&G+ some Emilio Pucci S/S 2012 thrown in it:lol:

style.com

Something I find strange about Zuhair Murad is that his clothes are very similar in price to those of the designers he copies. Like he'd have one dress that's copied off valentino and it costs $11,000 and the valentino dress would retail at $15,000. It makes sense when say zara and mango copy these big designers, because the price and customers are completely different, but why would someone buy a Zuhair Murad copy if the original costs about the same?

John Galliano Spring Summer 1996 / Victoria Secret 2012

*Justjared / The-Moustached-King.tumblr.com

^ lol that's embarrassing, it's literally the same piece minus the straps, only cheap looking

I noticed this too....Especially BAD when the Galliano piece has been immortalised as one of Kylie Minogue's iconic costumes....BRAVO AS TEAM.

17373716-17373718-large.jpg

film.com

Not really big brands stuffs, but this is very similar

Miss Bahamas for Miss Universe National Costume vs. Miranda Kerr's Victoria's Secret's Fantasy Bra

missbahamas.net/idulgy.com

Armani Privé Fall 2014 Couture/Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2015

p09gfhTX.jpg
oZQ2ltHg.jpg

stylecom

It's becoming funny...
Chanel Iman in Zuhair Murad/ Tom Ford F/W 2012
Chanel+Iman+Weinstein+Company+Netflix+Golden+itAJo6V_Rawl.jpg
024fullscreen.jpg

stylebistro/style.com

TF's version is definitely way better, removed the tackiness and added glamour and elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->