Pale Or Tan...

Tanned Skin VS. Pale/Natural Skin

which do you prefer? And I don't mean by which means (tanning bed, tanning lotions, sun) but the look that you prefer.

I think that blondes and some redheads can look great with pale skin, as for dark haired ladies I really think they should have abit of tan.

I tend to like natural skin myself...pale if you're a whiter than white like me, darker if that's what you were born with. As long as it looks natural, it's all good.

All the skin lighteners and tanning stuff kind of freaks me out, though I guess it's basically no different from hair dye and colored contacts.

Okay, this is a biggie for me because I am ghostly pale and was ridiculed for it throughout most of my school days. I don't think pale skin was very fashionable at the time though and I found little acceptance for it until I spent my days in the goth scene. I laughed when people thought I went through great pains to keep my skin so pale when it was quite the opposite. I had tried every method imaginable to get a tan just so I wouldn't be constantly teased.

Now as an adult I still don't care for my pale skin. My biggest reason for that is weight. I was a skinny minnie when I was a kid but now that I'm put on some pounds and cellulite I just think pale skin looks awful. Okay, nobody likes fat, but tan fat looks better than white fat. I can't tell you how many women heavier than me wear things and look sexier because they have a tan.

So I say sure, pale skin looks great on skinny celebrities like Nicole Kidman but for the average joe pale skin is hard to pull off unless you live in a climate where you can keep most of your body covered at all times. I live in Fl so the pressure to be tan is worse.

Btw- I still haven't found the perfect tan or anything close to it but I experiment with bronzers religiously every summer.

anything as long it looks natural. or dont go to extremes like super tan(specially fake) that looks orange.
Im lucky because my skincolor look like I am tan (bronzeier, golden look) so I dont need to tan at all. only if I go to the beach...

A tan always looks better, no matter what, as long as it's not orange:smile:

I've always preferred pale. The paler the better. I don't even like slightly tanned skin. It might be because I was born in Asia and was brainwashed at an early age that pale=feminine and pretty.

I live in Hawaii, guys. And I CANNOT tan - I just burn. It is infuriating. I don't do too well with self-tanners either.

I do like a bit of a tan, but nothing radioactive orange. I think pale skin looks gorgeous on some people, though, especially redheads. Lindsay Lohan has to realize this soon.

I love seeing a woman who can pull off pale...i have so say its rare, but SO beautiful

theres something very clean about it and with good hair and make-up WOW but i dont think its easy!

I used to dye my hair blonde with hazel streaks..and i am naturally tanned...but i get darker tan in the summer...i decided last year to stop dyeing my hair and got it back to its orginal colour which is black...and i have to say i got more attention than having blonde hair with streaks....so my vote goes for the tan..

i thin ther are so many tricks to make one's self look more tan---liek changing your hair color to pick up golden huesin ur skintone, revamping ur make-up routine, and wearign differnt colors.

I think pale/tan depends on the person. Some people look more pleasent when they have a natural tan-- other people just look strange.

If you're naturally pale, you should probably stay there. If you're naturally tan, you should stay there.

Paris Hilton and Michael Jackson. Excellent extreme examples.

And there can be a balance between the two extremes, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way tan skin looks, but I dont tan often and find fake tanners dont work that well for me.

but after a long conversation with a woman who had skin cancer, Im thinking about sporting the pale look.

Even though I look REALLY good with a tan.

I really like pale skin on people with pink undertones (like myself). Yellow-toned skin looks great with a little tan.

Cynthia Nixon
nixon.jpg
(serieslive.com)

Dita Von Teese
5.jpg
(spray.no)

Nicole Kidman
Nicole%20Kidman%203.JPG
(popentertainment.com)

Karen Elson
14.jpg
(supermodels.nl)

I think Pale is so gorgeous and natural,but tan isnt that attractive unless your naturally born tan,because its so obvious when someone has a fake tan

^yeah, that's true.. but I love naturally tanned skin!

I have naturally pale skin and have found lately that it makes me look a bit sickly! So I started using Bobbi Brown's bronzer and that makes me look much healthier. Doesn't really make me more tan, but seems to add a natural glow.

i am naturally tanned but i love naturally pale skin i think its look s beautiful,and very very attractive.i also think tanned skin can be just as gorgeous too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->