Prada F/W 10.11 by Steven Meisel

I think I am the only one who likes the womenswear more than the menswear

i agreed mr dale. it has all the elements of a great campaign. great clothes, concept, casting, but the execution is awfull. the lighting looks bad and are different in every picture. is this cut and pasted in the retouching? i think the mens is great and seems more what it should have been and i love the black and white. angelas role in the pictures is awkward. they should make them all dance or do stuff. she looks odd and cold. i was so exclited for this. i still like it, but the mens is better.:cry: is meisel losing his touch? this is Prada! he had the money to do it right, no? this looks so weak. i mean to have great models, great hair and makeup people and then do bad pictures? :( maybe its the art director who cut and pasted the pictures that makes it look bad? what has happened?:cry:

If they were going for sensual and atmospheric then they've totally failed. The lighting is way too cold and harsh, Angela looks like she just got plonked in the middle of certain shots and what is the set supposed to be exactly??? How can the past two spring campaigns have been so amazing and the fall ones so bad:(

i like the direction of the ads, and i'm so glad to see valerija in the campaign!

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like something an amateur fan did in photo shop one night when they were bored..:innocent: so dull and unprofessional looking, i`m surprised..

This is AWFUL. The worst Prada campaign in a long time. Even worse than the fake looking one with the boats. I just don't understand how anyone could possibly think this would be a good idea. It's just a bunch of cheep looking collages.

I understand the 50/60s jazz club inspiration, sort of, but the execution is so horrible. It could've been really pretty, really striking but ended up looking embarrassing. I can't get over how cheap and unprofessional the whole thing looks.

But it's Meisel and Prada. $20 says it's going to end up as one of the "Top 5" campaigns of the season.

Wow, can I just say the womenswear campaign is just terrible? I mean it looks like they photoshopped more people in it in every shot. The singing Angela/downtown club in the 50s makes it look tacky as hell. The color ruins this campaign as well. Menswear is beautiful, but too crowded. Clement, Brian and the other male are great, but Mathias looks out of place. It looks as if he's thinking "Where am I? Why is a man photographing me?" His modeling is amateur here.

Overall, hugely disappointed. -_-

It looks much better in multicolor but I find the whole campaign extremely random and silly

where's that black girl who did a small scandal here ?
what have become the first images we saw ?
and people deny the power of internet .........

I'm trying so hard to warm up with this... going through each of the shots, again and again. But besides Valerija :smile:heart:smile: I just can't seem to find anything pleasing about this. The collection was FULL of surprises, exciting moments and appealing pieces. And I was quite thrilled when I heard about the cast for this. But this is simply boring, unoriginal and dry.

The mic will make more sense, there should be a video to go with this. Don't know when it will debut though...

^ a video does make more sense, its a great accompaniment to the shots. though i have the strangest feeling that with Miranda being there, plus Angela on the mic we'd end up hearing something incredibly tackychardia :rofl:

the menswear campaign is nice but the womanswear is terrible... oh god, i can't believe i'm saying this about a project with angela and meisel but it looks really bad. and this whole karoke idea is quite random and tacky.

menswear is much nicer but this whole campaign is just too crowded:ermm:
and the karoke...just no.

Quick phone snap from ELLE UK August 2010:

5x8r43.jpg

I just saw on models.com that Ashley Brokaw was casting director for this campaign. What happened to Russel Marsh? He has apparantly been dumped by Prada?

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh i actually really like this!!!! it makes me wanna slow-dance...

extracted by me from prada.com

Models: Angela Lindvall, Clément Chabernaud, Daria Strokous, Kim Dall Armi, Mark Cox, Mathias Bergh, Miranda Kerr, Sigrid Agren, Valerija Kelava

thanks for the HQs :smile:

now i love this...they look like 60s college students having a night out on the town in some dingy club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->