Prada Mens F/W 09.10 Milan

13-1.jpg
14.jpg

15.jpg
16.jpg

17.jpg
18.jpg

same

I LOVE it all. It's gorgeously dark and masculine. I especially love the long coats. I want it ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 18, 2009
As Miuccia Prada saw it, the message of her latest men's collection was simple and obvious. "Survival," she said backstage. "And to survive, you have to be strong." There have been seasons when Miuccia toyed with the fragility, the ineffectuality of the modern male. Not this time, thank God. The setting was a tight little carpeted pit, almost a cage; Thunderdome with shag pile. One model sported a tasseled headband, like an extreme fighter. The clothes themselves began as emblematic Corporate Man: gray suit, matching topcoat, black oxfords. Then in crept an ever-harder edge. First, a laser-cut leather duster, almost monkish in its austerity. Next, a shoe covered with studs, presaging an avalanche of hardware on shirts, pants, jackets. Toughen up, tough it out—that's what the leather and metal was saying.

Still, while you're picturing studs armoring gray flannel or a banker's striped shirt, you might wonder who, right now, would honestly want to arm erstwhile Masters of the Universe against their just desserts. But Miuccia was presumably using such menswear staples as symbols of Honest Joe Everyman. And it's Honest Joe who is suffering. Maybe that's why the patterns that decorated shirts evoked the thirties, another era of values-questioning social upheaval. Longtime Prada collaborator Frederic Sanchez's aural accompaniment incorporated Anne Clark, whose visionary combination of spoken word and techno sounded like dystopia's backing track. All in all, a stunning summation of the current jittery mood in fashion.
— Tim Blanks
(mens.style.com)

This is the best Prada men's collection in a while, and I'm taking into account that last fall's men's collection grew on me to the point that I kind of loved it.

But this, this is just so chic, so classic, so cool. I mean, Prada is many things, both good and bad, but it isn't often that you can call it chic.

I also love the fact that, even though this was clearly designed with the current financial crises in mind and is definitely what you could call "safe", it manages to deliver some really desirable clothes.

I love all the basic pieces.they are very classy.
Conservative is IN.

Best in a while (since Miu Miu menswear FW06), I must say. Not terribly original but satisfyinglly appealing. Though, I do agree with Scott about it looking a little Blaak FW07, espcially the use of conical stud embellishment

00220m.jpg
blaak6ol2.png

00340m.jpg
blaak4tu0.png

00150m.jpg
blaak5vv2.png

catwalking,men.style.com

^^^^ LOL. What good detective work. Obviously someone at the Prada workshop was very fond of that collection.

Well, I'm simply not into these rivet things but since it's not my style someone else might like them. Anyone?
I guess I should have learnt by now that Prada is not for me...

I have mixed feelings about this collection, to me this can't over fierce fall 08 at all...I like the use of black and the necklines but it's pretty much boring and safe.

the shoes really stood out
i must see the details!

and wow the models are zombified or something

I'll have to look at this again later, but right now I actually kind of like it.

That's much bigger news than it would seem. I almost always hate Prada immediately after seeing the pictures...so either something's wrong, or it's actually good.

But I don't like the studs. Or the suiting. Or the orange. But all of the leather/leatherlikke stuff looks 'right'.

Best in a while (since Miu Miu menswear FW06), I must say. Not terribly original but satisfyinglly appealing. Though, I do agree with Scott about it looking a little Blaak FW07, espcially the use of conical stud embellishment
catwalking,men.style.com

i know this was probably a bit precocious and silly of me but seeing as i have sachiko on my facebook friends list on,i decided to let her know about this. because as a real fan of their's i just feel as if its my duty. self-righteous as that may sound.

and thank you for posting the comparison shots,kiddo! i was going to as i wasn't sure if i would get the stones at me,but it was really late for me. and that's what i was talking about. even the shirting....if you remember in the textures of their shirting,awfully similar.

Metal ornamentations inspired indeed> anyhow ….must be a complete nightmare to get through airport security?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"