Prada F/W 09.10 Milan

i loved the reds... it had a touch of last years theme because of the sort of imprinted lace effect

i absolutely love this collection. I think the pictures do not do justice to most of the outfits. You have to see them in motion on the runway, it's just divine.

Prada's cavewomen army :lol:

(celebritycity)
This collection is just too hideous to be true

Oh, thanks for the HQ's of the final entry, this crowd of mad, possesed Prada girls looks great ^_^

I love these clothes more and more with every time I look at them or watch the video. Can't wait for the campaign now!

I have been reviewing some of the FW shows that mattered this season, and looking at Prada, I must say I really really like it. I had fallen in love with it when I first saw it, but then again, I thought maybe it is just the impact that I was attracted to, not the actual clothes themselves. You know that is always the situation and threat with a Prada show. First of all, I love the hair and make-up. I love the atmosphere and styling, and the whole set and lighting. I think it was all too perfect for a how created along this creative thread. Sasha and Ymre both looked phenomenal within this visual universe, in my opinion.

That said, let's not delude ourselves: this show said absolutely nothing too deep about anything. It is not one of the deep and highly cerebral Miuccia creative outlets. It was a show about the pieces she knew how to do and execute perfectly, tailored them exquisitely and presented them in a context. That said, it is the usual and expected Prada formula; isn't it? Do a few very solid looks with gorgeous materials, add some organic materials like fur, add one or two absolutely illogical and useless pieces for good measure, and add a pinch of something totally out there with no relevance at all to look 'creative' and edgy. And ugly the girls down as much as you possibly can with the gaudy make-up and hair.

The color palette was stunning. The rubies, burgundy tones, pastel plums, camels, walnuts, almonds, grays, charcoal were all mouth-watering. A mature and very opulent combination. I love the shorts and the boots. They are there to create an impact, nothing else: a mood in a show. How many of them do you think they will sell, or actually produce to send to the stores? Perhaps a few here and there. But in the show, they translated a strong shape, you must admit. I love the thin leather straps that connect the belts and clothing to the boots for instance: very clever. I also loved the crystal beading and embellishments on wool and those other heavy fabrics. The shoes are marvelous - but I really despise the chunky heeled ones. They look too clumsy for my taste.

The best pieces are the belted jacket/coat and skirt combos that came in those gorgeous fabrics and colors. I wouldn't call them austere or sharp, but rather practical and well-tailored. The leather ones are superb, but I do not think they will sell that many that combination together. The bags are gorgeous as usual, though nothing really new there. It is the same pieces she has shown time and time again.

I wished she utilized the gladiator influence a little better with the rest of the show though. The very last pieces look too distant from the rest. The surface applications, crystals, even the shapes are different from the rest. It is a huge shortcoming of a great show for me. That said, the gladiator dresses are STUNNING!!!! And can totally work in real world.

The mink dresses and pieces could most certainly be reduced in number. First of all, she has done it before. Secondly, they still feel like a cheap gimmick. And very impractical without any intellectual or aesthetic merits. The red one is acceptable, but it could have been a stronger statement without the follow-up, let's just say. the fur V necks that look like vests are gorgeous though.

I know for a fact that Anna was over-the-moon about this collection, as to be expected. But I can see why, because the pieces were gorgeous in their own rights. I am not a crazy fan of those burgundy velvet print coats in the middle, but I'll let it pass. I also think it is funny Miuccia can show the most daringly deep V-neck tops and dresses Milan has to offer this season, yet no one gives her a hard time for it. When Donatella does the same thing, it is a crime and tacky and lame Versace again. It is funny how fashion works sometimes. On that note, it is curious to see how much this season's 'Prada coat' resembles this seasons 'Versace coat' in shape, volume and material.

The covet-able pieces of the show:

- any of of those jacket/skirt looks with the super skinny belts
- beaded gladiator shoes with skinny stiletto heels
- the shorter boots with exposed heavy socks
- that black crystal beaded chimney gray dress on Sasha
- one of the deep V neck tops (especially that velvet -I guess- mustard one)
- the brick red croc bag
- that red super-sexy dress on Anna Gushina
- Alyona's and Raquel's whole looks top to bottom
- all of the Gladiator frocks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
....That said, let's not delude ourselves: this show said absolutely nothing too deep about anything. It is not one of the deep and highly cerebral Miuccia creative outlets. It was a show about the pieces she knew how to do and execute perfectly, tailored them exquisitely and presented them in a context. That said, it is the usual and expected Prada formula; isn't it? Do a few very solid looks with gorgeous materials, add some organic materials like fur, add one or two absolutely illogical and useless pieces for good measure, and add a pinch of something totally out there with no relevance at all to look 'creative' and edgy. And ugly the girls down as much as you possibly can with the gaudy make-up and hair.

it's so true, but it's a formula that works. no matter how badly i try to hate a prada collection, it gets under my skin after a while.

personally, i can't get those over the knee wellies out of my mind! they fall into the "no relevance at all" category, but the worked a number on me!! i can't wait to see how they're styled in the fall editorials. i just love how they're the anti-"it" shoe :blush:

00050m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00230m.jpg
00230m.jpg

style.com

I love how those crude and unpolished volumes of rough leather is connected to the clothing with those skinny skinny straps of leather. They look like some really disturbing garters!

Hp_with_Garter.jpg

In a way, I think this is an extremely sexy show with all the brute displays of skin and coarse/primeval details like leather straps and whatnot.

sweet.biz

They look like some really disturbing garters!...
In a way, I think this is an extremely sexy show with all the brute displays of skin and coarse/primeval details like leather straps and whatnot.

no one does subversive sexuality like miuccia prada. that's her swan song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->