Prada S/S 11 Milan

interesting.. thanks. so 'realistic' :-O

Im wondering whether come Spring there will be people wearing those striped colored fur stoles ... they seem playful but how are supposed to wear em?

And can someone over 30 pull 'em off?

Personally, I really loved the way they were featured at the show, held together with a bag/clutch. Brilliant, but I guess they're not that easy to be pulled off in a daily wearing.

Oh, and I'm just obsessed about the green banana skirt on Marina. It's just too fabulous!

Im wondering whether come Spring there will be people wearing those striped colored fur stoles ... they seem playful but how are supposed to wear em?

And can someone over 30 pull 'em off?

if this ridiculously cold weather persists, you can bet people will wear them. remember, spring hits stores in the dead of winter in some of the most fashionable cities on the planet.

Skirt Jacket and Platforms
US Vogue January 2011
Photographer: Raymond Meier
Fashion Editor: Elissa Santisi
Model: Joan Smalls

scanned by missbluejean

^^ oooh YES love that!! I think Raquel is wearing some of the shoes in January Vogue as well but I haven't posted it because the only think I see of Prada are teh shoes and they are pretty much covered by the trousers...

while i enjoy the daring proposition these editorials (and indeed, the runway) put forward of a prada total look, the real genius of this prada collection comes when one pulls these looks apart. give me that green skirt with a michael kors' cashmere tank and a marni platform. give me that jacket over a theory crisp oxford, black cropped pants, and a pair of spectator brogues from paul smith. i hope we see more of that as the season progresses.

Not so expensive? If I read it correctly in Joan's spread, they're $795. That's pretty darn expensive for the brogues in my opinion.

Not so expensive? If I read it correctly in Joan's spread, they're $795. That's pretty darn expensive for the brogues in my opinion.

i don't think they're talking about the shoes. although in the world of the four figure purchase (and at the height of the boom, the five figure purchase), it's still quite reasonable. before the recession, most fashion consumers wouldn't blanch over a thousand dollar price tag on a must-have shoe or a must-have bag.

I think the leather in those shoes make them "expensive"
Come on, 670 fo something of Prada, excellent materials and design, and a crappy dress from Balmain at least 15000.

with all due respect, it's not an apples and apples compaarison: some of prada's wares get produced in peru and india; balmain gets produced in france and italy. the cost of labor comes through in the price of the clothes. also, prada doesn't seek the same type of exclusivity as brands like balmain. the price points make that plain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the men's version of the brogues. They have a thinner sole compared to the women's, hopefully that means a lower price tag.

I want the men's version of the brogues. They have a thinner sole compared to the women's, hopefully that means a lower price tag.

haha....that's doubtful, but given the persistent economic weakness in the united states, i'm sure they'll still be around in april....on sale.

The first look to hit a cover. :heart::heart::heart: :wub::wub:

Vogue Nippon February 2011
Karen Elson

4910078950212.jpg

rakuten.jp via flashbang

Dress,Shoes
Allure January 2011
ph: Regan Cameron
fashion editor: Siobhan Bonnouvrier

*absinthrill.blogspot.com via fadedcolours

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics