Predict Style.com's Top 10 New Faces For F/W 11.12

^She definitely did, but doing three cities last season with no exclusivities involved...I'm not sure about her chances of being considered new :(

My top 10 grrrrls this season are:
Kate King
Emily Baker
Charlotte Free
Carola Remer
Wang Xiao
Bethany Terry
Agnes Karlsson
Colinne Michaelis
Janice Seinen
[tie]Marique Schimmel/ Josephine skriver

I hate the use of mustaches, what if I really want to learn about new models, it blocks their faces :lol:

The list is up!

Aymeline Valade
Caterina Ravaglia
Codie Young
Colinne Michaelis
Daga Ziober
Emily Baker
Josephine Skriver
Kate King
Marique Scimmel
Sui He

I got 8/10. :lol: I felt like they just gave Sui He a spot for the sake of diversity.

STYLE.COm TOP 10 NEWCOMERS F/W 11.12

01m.jpg

AYMELINE VALADE (Women Direct)

First came the cameo at Balenciaga's Spring show. Then she landed the Alexander Wang print campaign. At 25, this Parisian has a few years on most newcomers, but her transfixing gaze and killer body landed her closing spots at Chloé and Rick Owens and the coveted opening position at Louis Vuitton anyway. Peep her in the March issue of W and expect more from this one.

02m.jpg

CATERINA RAVAGLIA (Elite)

It's about time we came upon a promising new Italian face. After skipping New York, this 16-year-old Elite Model Look finalist made a big impact in London before walking top-tier shows like Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, and Chanel. Her dramatic profile also scored her a leadoff spot at Dries Van Noten and the solo role in Hussein Chalayan's eerie video lookbook.

03m.jpg

CODIE YOUNG (DNA)

With heavy-lidded, dreamy eyes, this 18-year-old from down under is already a local phenom with several Vogue Australia appearances under her belt. Picked to open Marni, Codie also showed up at Chanel and Rodarte, where she worked the prairie girl look to perfection. Here at Style.com, we're calling her Gemma Ward 2.0.

04m.jpg

COLINNE MICHAELIS (Silent)

In terms of rookie benchmarks, it doesn't get much better than landing a Calvin Klein exclusive or opening the Prada show. Add to that Colinne's turns at Givenchy and Lanvin and you've got one heck of a first season. The 16-year-old Parisian, who happens to be a great-granddaughter of legendary Vogue art director Alexander Liberman, is off to a promising start.

05m.jpg

DAGA ZIOBER (Elite Paris)

Another Calvin Klein exclusive, this 16-year-old Polish brunette really took off in Europe, opening Rochas and Giambattista Valli, and walking at Hakaan and Louis Vuitton. Casting directors couldn't resist her pointy ears and exotic look. If they ever remake Lord of the Rings, she's a shoe-in for Arwen.

06m.jpg

EMILY BAKER (DNA)

Winning the title of top newcomer by a landslide, this 17-year-old from rural New Zealand had a season most catwalk vets can only hope for. Opening five shows including Emilio Pucci, Baker racked up a total of 60 grade-A runways, including Alexander McQueen and Balenciaga. With a mature poise and striking features prime for editorial work, all we can say is: Watch out, Arizona!

07m.jpg

JOSEPHINE SKRIVER (Marilyn)

This 17-year-old, avid athlete from Copenhagen hit the ground running in Europe, tallying up an impressive 54 shows, closing Prada, and walking Christian Dior, Haider Ackermann, and Miu Miu.

08m.jpg

KATE KING (Elite)

One part Ruby Aldridge, another part Jamie Bochert, King came on strong in New York with appearances at Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs, and kept pace in Europe. Opening Moschino and hitting most of the major runways, the Toronto native was a knockout—those cheekbones!—at directional shows like Gareth Pugh and Haider Ackermann.

09m.jpg

MARIQUE SCHIMMEL (Supreme)

Marique Schimmel was a blip on the radar last season, walking a few select shows. But the 20-year-old Netherlands native shot to the front of the pack during pre-fall and had an explosive first full season, closing Missoni and popping up at Proenza Schouler, Balenciaga, and Valentino, to name a few. In an industry full of pretty blondes, Schimmel's cleft chin makes her stand out.

10m.jpg

SUI HE (New York Models)

The first Asian ever to open Ralph Lauren, this 21-year-old from Wenzhou, China, was the talk of New York fashion week. She slowed down a bit across the pond, but walked Dolce & Gabbana and landed a Dries Van Noten exclusive in Paris. Here's hoping that casting directors take note and embrace more diversity next season.

style.com

I got 8 as well! I'm surprised they included Sui despite a 1 show coup at Paris

^ Yep, nymag said it as well, good for her but I wished she did more shows in Paris :smile: She's stunning though :wub:

I'm surprised to see Josephine Skriver behind Kate King (although they both had incredible seasons.) It's a pretty concise list overall :blush:

I'm surprised to see Josephine Skriver behind Kate King (although they both had incredible seasons.) It's a pretty concise list overall :blush:
The list is alphabetical. :flower: So placement doesn't actually reflect any ranking.

Honorable Mentions addendum to the list:

j9ofhu.jpg

With so many additions to the mannequin tribe each season, it’s difficult for us to narrow down the list to just ten notable newcomers—though with sweat, blood, and much intraoffice debate, we do. This season’s Top Ten list is here.

But those are far from the only girls to make a big impact for Fall. Other first-season standouts include Dempsey Stewart (WILHELMINA), the adorable 18-year-old Perth native who showed up at Louis Vuitton and walked at Mugler (at Vuitton, above left), and Xiao Wen Ju (IMG), who stood out at Hermès and recently shot for V with Terry Tsiolis and Josh Olins (above right). And let’s not forget the sophomores who had mind-blowing follow-up seasons: Zuzanna Bijoch (everyone’s favorite dancing Prada girl!) and Saskia de Brauw (already a Paris Vogue favorite).

But the real curveball this season was Katsia Zingarevich (ELITE), the new face of Victoria’s Secret who fit right in with the high fashion crowd, closing Carolina Herrera and walking at Altuzarra and Stella McCartney (above center).
style.com

I was thinking Zuzanna wouldn't make it to the list this season, but she does deserve this honorable mention indeed ^_^

Final List:

Aymeline Valade
Caterina Ravaglia
Codie Young
Colinne Michaelis
Daga Ziober
Emily Baker
Jospehine Skriver
Kate King
Marique Schimmel
Zuzanna Bijoch

Alternates: Saskia De Brauw, Maud Welzen, Sui He, Carola Remer, Juju Ivanyuk, and Roberta Narciso.

9/10 :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->