Aline Weber/1 Model Management:
Amanda Laine/Supreme:
Anna Gushina/IMG:
Georgina Stojiljkovic/Women:
Kamila Filipcikova/IMG:
Karmen Pedaru/Next:
Malin Ones/Marilyn:
Sara Blomqvist/DNA:

Wildcards: Iris Struberger, Diana Farkhullina, Skye Stracke, Jourdan Dunn, Gantz Gilles & Jill Bauwens.

Gee, I got 8 out of 10! And the other two were in my wildcardslist! Pretty good if I may say so myself :P

I really am not surprised that Jourdan made the list AT ALL. Style.com even recognised themselfs in their little text that it's not her first season but her breakthrough season. I think that's counts enough to be on the list. Even Egle made the MDC list last season and she's bean around since FW0607 or something.... Plus, as I had expressed earlier, Jourdan's Prada buzz was huge, so really, this is no surprise.

I swear...whoever decides the top 10 at style.com reads this thread :P

My list:
Abbey Lee Kershaw
Alice Burdeau
Anna Gushina
Diana Farkuhillina
Georgina Stojiljković
Iris Strubegger
Kamila Filipcikova
Malin Ones
Natalia Chabanenko
Skye Stracke

6..but Iris! :woot:

It really is Luxe :lol: At least, that's the name that was on her previous showcards/backstage cards :wink:

Honestly, I'm shocked that they would change it...especially to "Anna."

Last edited by a moderator:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?:angry::furious::censored:

My reaction to Alice not being on the list.

I know, it was dissapointing :doh: I thought Luxe was just something Premier conjured up that IMG wasn't too pleased with.

Oh well...in regards to the list though, i'm not a big fan of it. Why bother making something about "falls top models"? I think breaking in new faces is more appropriate, but it could just be me being dissapointed at not seeing Sara Blomqvist on the list...:P

7/10

I have to say I'm really surprised Diana F. didnt make it to the list...and even though Jourdan wasn't on my list, I'm not surprised she's on the actual list.

Ummm...who is heck is Iris??? I don't think I saw her ONCE on a catwalk and I've never even heard of her :unsure:

^She did very well this season, actually :smile: I wasn't expecting her on this list, but in retrospect she deserves the recognition ^_^ She wasn't part of the Prada/Miu Miu/Jil Sander crowd, but she nonetheless walked many other great shows (Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, McQueen, Balenciaga, Givenchy, YSL just to name a few).

hahaha i knew jourdan would make the list...so many people told me she wasnt because its not her first season...haha lol in your face

^You do realize that this is just a game, and there is no need to become aggressive about this? Congratulations if your list had Jourdan on it, but as far as I can see, the objective of the list seems to have been changed conveniently to include her. Don't get me wrong, I love Jourdan as a model, but her Milan and Paris record, sans the infamous Prada showing, Louis Vuitton and Valentino, was (in comparison) pretty poor:

Milan:
Alberta Ferretti
Bottega Veneta
C'N'C Costume National
Daks
Iceberg
Prada

Paris:
Atsuro Tayama
Chado Ralph Rucci
Dries Van Noten
Hermès
Jeremy Scott
Louis Vuitton
Valentino

Anyhow, this is all just supposed to be for fun, there's no need to make it personal between posters. :flower:

True... It was kind of unfair to add her in the list, and not Diana Farkullina in my opinion. Or Alice Burdeau.

^You do realize that this is just a game, and there is no need to become aggressive about this? Congratulations if your list had Jourdan on it, but as far as I can see, the objective of the list seems to have been changed conveniently to include her. Don't get me wrong, I love Jourdan as a model, but her Milan and Paris record, sans the infamous Prada showing, Louis Vuitton and Valentino, was (in comparison) pretty poor:

Anyhow, this is all just supposed to be for fun, there's no need to make it personal between posters. :flower:
aggressive?..no..shes only on there because of Prada..iam sure if that and Louis Vuitton was all she did..she would still make the list..this list is funny to me..lol

^It was the "in your face" comment that came across as aggressive. I apologize if I somehow took that out of context.

i agree, i really like iris, she´s great... her german agency is place models and end of last year i took some shots of her for my book... and here are some runway photos..

Attachments

• 0+BALE_AW08_0691.jpg
    0+BALE_AW08_0691.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 119
  • 0+CHAL_AW08_0710.jpg
    0+CHAL_AW08_0710.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 0+DRIE_AW08_0286.jpg
    0+DRIE_AW08_0286.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 0+WUND_AW08_0153.jpg
    0+WUND_AW08_0153.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 0+WUND_AW08_0435.jpg
    0+WUND_AW08_0435.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 118
I swear...whoever decides the top 10 at style.com reads this thread :P

Come out, come out...whoever you are....:shifty:

(AND EXPLAIN DIANA AND ALICE'S ABSENCE :angry:)

I think it's great for Jourdan, as a black model, that she got booked for Prada, but I also agree with others, and particularly Wayne's comments too, that it shouldn't be treated as incredibly revolutionary, rather, it should be treated as absolutely normal, as that's exactly how it should be.

Pleased that Jourdan made the listB)even though she's been around for a couple of seasons........and Aline Weber's been around while too.:unsure: I sometimes wonder their critera is.:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->