Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for F/W 08.09

About Natalia, in the SS 08 list they didn't put Adina, but I think Natalia has bigger chances because she opened and closed. In the SS 07 list they did put Suvi who was also exclusive for Prada and Miu Miu, but I don't remember if she closed Prada as well as opening it. Does anyone know?

I agree about Natalia, Olga...I didn't feel a strong hype around her...no more hype than around the usual Prada exclusive/opener. If there was one Prada girl that received hype/buzz then that was Jourdan Dunn. Just for that reason alone, I think Natalia will not be included.

Top 10 Newcomer FW 08 (Europe:( Skye
March 11th, 2008, by wayne

Skye/DNA Models, Viva Model Management. Photo courtesy of DNA.
MDC highlighted Skye as a newcomer to watch via an exclusive video during NY Fashion Week. The OTM crew was then excited to see Skye take wing in Europe at shows like Versace in Milan and Lanvin, Ricci and Chanel in Paris. You can certainly see where that bright and sparkling personality of Skye’s skyrocketed her into the ranks of the must-book.

models.com

^^ I really dislike that girl - she looks 12!!

I predict these girls for style.com

1. Abbey Lee Kershaw (exclusive with Gucci, opened Givenchy)
2. Amanda Laine (walked for Prada, Balenciaga; opened McQueen)
3. Aline Weber (opened Balenciaga [Paris equivalent of opening Prada, imo)
4. Jourdan Dunn (walked Prada [first black girl in 10 years] Valentino)
5. Natalia Chabenenko (opened Prada; exclusive with Prada + Miu Miu)
6. Daria Strokous (closed Jil Sander; walked for Givenchy, Lanvin)
7. Malin Ones (opened Just Cavalli; walked Balenciaga)
8. Georgina Stojilkovic (walked Prada, Jil Sander, Givenchy)
9. Karmen Pedaru (opened YSL; walked Marc Jacobs, Gucci)
10. Alice Burdeu (walked Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Lanvin)

But basically, any model that has walked in many of style.com's best collections of FW 08/09, has a guaranteed chance of being a top new face of fw 08/09 :innocent::ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
The list is up
Jourdan Dunn:woot:
Aline Weber
Abby Lee
Anna Guisha
Georgina S
Iris S
Kamila F
Karmen Pedaru
Malin Ones
Style!

I've never put much faith in the list beyond an exercise in predicting, and another source of publicity for some girls, but this is kind of a joke. Jourdan is not a new face. :rolleyes:

Jourdan :buzz: There's a mistake I'm glad I made!

And I guess they did go with Kamila in the end...but no Alice or Diana! :o

I've never put much faith in the list beyond an exercise in predicting, and another source of publicity for some girls, but this is kind of a joke. Jourdan is not a new face. :rolleyes:

It seems like they changed the title even more -- just "Fall's Top Models" now :lol:

It was bittersweet to see Jourdan up there. I feel this has been her breakthrough season but she had a previous good season as well and they should have added her there. Her being on the list takes away from another girl who indeed is new and did great this season. I wish they would have given her spot to someone who is truely new. I am happy for her though!

It seems like they changed the title even more -- just "Fall's Top Models" now :lol:

Yes, I'm going to retract my above statement because at least they changed the title of the list to better reflect what they trying to qualify. In that regard, the majority of the list is fine. I just have issue with call for diversity and Jourdan's sudden appearance on that list, that's all.

The list is up
Jourdan Dunn:woot:
Aline Weber
Abby Lee
Anna Guisha
Georgina S
Iris S
Kamila F
Karmen Pedaru
Malin Ones
Style!
You forgot Amanda.

Anyway, I got 7 out of 10 right. Disappointed Alice and Diana weren't there.

And it looks like no DNA girls :unsure:

^7 out of 10 for me as well...and the same sentiments as you Bianca! ^_^

^Yes, I'm at 7 out of 10 as well. Shame I couldn't have just kept Kamila on my list, as it would have been 8. :lol: I still cannot believe that Diana Farkhullina was not present though...

topmodelsfw08-fa.jpg

Source: Style.com

I got 8 I think, really dissapointed Alice and Diana aren't there, but I kinda understand as it seems it's not about newcomers only anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->