Princy by Jessica Simpson

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...i'm not saying i endorse this, but it is fashion news...:ninja:

081605_18.jpg
081605_19.jpg
081605_17.jpg

Jessica Simpson's fashion status just made her $15 million richer.

Vince Camuto believes in Simpson as a fashion icon — and put his money where his mouth is by putting up that amount to purchase the Jessica Simpson fashion brand.

In a deal brokered by the Icon Group, Camuto, president and chief executive officer of Camuto Group, bought the master license for the brand from Andrew Kirpalani, chairman of JS Brand Management, based here. Larry Zarsky, co-president of Icon Group, said he believes this is the largest, up-front celebrity fashion licensing deal in history.

"I don't want the Jessica Simpson brand to be anything I wouldn't wear," said Simpson, via telephone, during a quick break from a fitness video shoot where she said she's spent the whole day — on a treadmill.

"Vince is the mastermind behind this," Simpson said. "He's very creative. I have a vision for what I want done. I don't want my name on something that isn't right."

And Camuto has big plans. "We really think there is an opportunity to make this the hottest brand out there. If this is not a $1 billion or $2 billion brand, I'll be shocked," he said in the BCBG Max Azria footwear showroom here. Camuto was the co-founder and chief executive officer of the Nine West Group Inc., which he grew into a $2 billion conglomerate before selling it to Jones Apparel Group Inc. in 1999. Currently, his licenses for BCBG Max Azria and BCBGirls are among the leading footwear brands in the marketplace.

The way Camuto sees it, he can't go wrong with Simpson. "I think Jessica really is America's sweetheart and I think her fans will grow with her," he said, adding unobjectively, "I don't think customers have an attachment to the ready-to-wear firms that are currently in existence."

The Jessica Simpson fashion brand showroom is located here at 1450 Broadway on the first floor. Design teams, however, will be housed in New York, Los Angeles and northern Italy.

Princy by Jessica Simpson, a young contemporary collection sublicensed by Los Angeles-based Tarrant Apparel Group, is where the brand will have its start. Launching for fall, the collection includes denim (retailing between $59 and $99); knit tops (retailing between $24 and $59), and jackets (retailing between $69 and $89). The collection will be available at Federated Department Stores, Nordstrom and specialty boutiques.

A contemporary ready-to-wear collection, simply called Jessica Simpson, will launch next year, and will likely be broken into various groups depending on price points. "We may do a purple label or a blue label or a black label," Camuto said.

Jessica Simpson footwear, with styles ranging from studded heels to strappy metallic sandals, launched at the World Shoe Association footwear trade show in Las Vegas earlier this month and will hit stores in the spring. Riding the wave of her current flick, "The Dukes of Hazzard," a red cowboy boot will launch earlier, hitting stores in November.

"We think of ourselves as a fashion brand," Camuto said. "The word 'celebrity' is just one aspect of it. At the end of the day, it's style and design that will drive the collection. We wouldn't have put the money up if we thought otherwise. Our mission is to give a taste level to the woman who couldn't afford Prada or Gucci."

I believe I now don't care much for celebrity labels anymore. It's getting really irritating.

"We may do a purple label or a blue label or a black label," Camuto said.
Oh, but why not all of them at once? :cry: Goodness forbid the world should be deprived of all that is Jessica Simpson?! :o

:rolleyes:

mdankwah said:
I believe I now don't care much for celebrity labels anymore. It's getting really irritating.

I agree....every celeb is a fashion icon these days...But they have STYLISTS! they dont make fashion are trends themself!:angry:

mas said:
I agree....every celeb is a fashion icon these days...But they have STYLISTS! they dont make fashion are trends themself!:angry:
It really dosen't take much to become a fashion icon these days. All you need is designers willing to throw clothes at you and you're half way there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from the couple of photo's, I am not that exstatic about it.
Maybe the RTW collection, but Princy--the name doesn't even ring.
I would be very doubtful about this line succeeding.

Just what the world needs: more embellished jeans and ill-fitting shrugs.

^:lol:

What irritates me the most is that Jessica Simpson would not be caught dead wearing her princy line, but she assumes Americans are dumb enough to buy such cheap rubbish (and I don't doubt they are)

Fabulyss said:
^:lol:

What irritates me the most is that Jessica Simpson would not be caught dead wearing her princy line, but she assumes Americans are dumb enough to buy such cheap rubbish (and I don't doubt they are)

I agree.

As if celebrities dont make enough money!!! they go on and start their fashion line!! God!

I need to say more before I can start dissing the collection...

Oh how sweet of Jessica to give those "who couldn't afford Prada or Gucci" some decently priced clothing. Like it's comparable in quality or style at all!

And the "vision" she has for what she wants designed... Her vision is dollar signs; she's probably no more involved in the designing than deciding what color it should be.

Puke.

i like it, but i doubt she actually designed this herself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yulialeo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->