Proenza Schouler for Target

Aw, is it just womenswear? I know Proenza's main line is only womenswear.. how unfair for the guys :doh:

OHHHHH That Could Be Hell OF Risky for proenza schouler they arent established enough to be doing stuff like this. I hope they dont end up like Luella Bartley plus Target cant be H&M & Zara it just wont work they are starting to become the evil discount monster in the fashion industry. Also a Target customer has no idea who proenza schouler even is.

i think luella's doing reasonably well in the UK. she has a new makeup line coming out soon.

i dont think its fair to castigate target consumers.

target was the first in the US to do these designer collaborations years before H&M.

I agree, I don't think you can downgrade the appeal of a Target consumer, especially along the east and west coasts. I personally do not have much respect for H&M and Zara (unless I am shopping in their stores in the EU), probably because of the bad experiences I have had at their US stores. However, I think Target consumers are sophisticated and can be fashion forward. There is a reason that many people will buy clothes at Target and NOT at Wal-Mart (I won't even step foot in a Walmart). I think the whole point of the Go International line is to introduce consumers to lines that they may have heard or read about, but are not available at all (despite the price tag) in their market. That is just my opinion.

I can't wait for Dec. 31!!!!!!!

we dont even know if the line will be coming out in december 31. the janemag reference said "for spring". i hope we dont have to wait that long.

zara doubles and triples their prices for items in the USA as compared the EU so i have less respect for them. they could do big business here but decide not to.

target has a much better record with factory compliance than walmart ever would.

thanks so much for the info everyone...

i totally agree with lucy about zara... they are great in the EU but their prices in the US are ridiculously overpriced

i also agree that target can not really be put on the same level as wal-mart... buying clothes at target does not have the same stigma as buying at wal-mart...

i think wal-mart is great when it comes buying tampons, shampoo and the occasional CD or DVD because they really do have very good prices on those sorts of things... but i honestly never even venture into the clothing section.. though i've been known to buy socks there :rolleyes:

The reason I had said Dec. 31 is because on the target site it says that Behnaz is departing on Dec. 30, so I just assumed that the new collection would come the next day (like paul & joe left and then Behnaz appeared). Oh well, it was wishful thinking on my part.

Speaking of Walmart, I was just in a meeting with some grocery store executives who just happened to mention that Walmart is the #1 grocery store in America. I never thought of Walmart that way, just kind of funny.

im not keeping my hopes up TOO high because behnaz's launch party was before the release of paul and joe's line...or maybe the series will be taking a break for a month or two. the PS items do look a bit spring like so far.

i think this has the potential to be a lot nicer than luella's line. PS have had a long time to think about what to put out here.

i heard that walmart is going to try to make a foray into cashmere after thanksgiving...nice try

wow...this looks great! :woot:
i can't wait to get some of these pieces...
the trapeze coat is very cool...
thanks for posting...:flower:

i remember reading this thread ages ago...and i'm so behind because i didn't know this was actually happening :doh: :woot:

...judging from the preview pics, i think this translates well, surpsingly. i really like the button-up skirts...looking forward to this!

:woot: i love it all, i'm so excited. i hope it looks as good in person, or else i'll be very disappointed.

if they ARE designing a line, it better be good. their recent collection was a total let down.

well, its official...but the report from fashionweekdaily doesnt give a release date....

(NEW YORK) Speculation that Proenza Schouler designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez had designed a capsule collection for Target can now finally be confirmed. The designers with a cult following will formally unveil their creations for Target’s Go International program at a fashion press event next Wednesday to be held at Target Studio NYC in the Garment District, The Daily has learned. The highly-anticipated “Proenza Schouler for Target” pieces won’t be available in time for the holidays—Behnaz Sarafpour’s feminine designs for Target just hit stores this week—but it’s sure to be a blockbuster when it launches next spring.
JIM SHI

Their designs look so good. I love the bustier top. Can't wait!

wow i am really phyched about that!!! i'm a really big fan of their spring 2007 collection so i can only expect great thingsfrom them

lucy92 said:
we dont even know if the line will be coming out in december 31. the janemag reference said "for spring". i hope we dont have to wait that long.

zara doubles and triples their prices for items in the USA as compared the EU so i have less respect for them. they could do big business here but decide not to.

target has a much better record with factory compliance than walmart ever would.
Are you serious about Zara?! OMG! That bites! Some of the stuff is still pretty nice for the price but still...

amusing tidbit from radaronline. i think hernandez and mccollough are right about designers that have long term deals. i think mizrahi line just has too many items and the fit is not there and most of the colors in his target line are ugly, in my opinion.

Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, the Anna Wintour-approved wonder boys behind Proenza Schouler, are headed to a Target near you.

But it might cool the mega-chain's ardor somewhat to know the pair was pooh-poohing similar deals just three weeks ago, on the grounds that they tarnish a designer's brand.

The remarks in question were made at Tokion magazine's Creativity Conference, held in Manhattan on October 15. During a panel discussion on "Repackaging the Label," the subject of partnering with discount retailers like Target and H&M (which whipped penny-pinching fashionistas into a frenzy with lines by Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney) came up. Hernandez ventured that a long-term association like the one between Isaac Mizrahi and Target "ruins a designer's name ... forever."

"When you're there for the long haul, why is anyone going to go to Barneys and buy your clothes when they can get it at Target all the time?" he added. "That gets dangerous."

The duo—who, according to their rep, were already in discussions with Target at the time of the conference—did leave open the possibility of a limited-term relationship. Of course, in doing so, they dispensed with the usual feel-good line about providing affordable fashion for the masses:

"[W]hat happens is that these companies are paying for your name to be out there," Hernandez said. "They're using you to get their name out there, but it's also your name.... At the end of the day, there were huge posters of Stella McCartney all over the city when she was doing H&M, which she probably wouldn't be able to afford."

Last edited by a moderator:
i disagree with what they said about target "ruining a designer's name forever"...

isaac mizrahi had a successful business before his target line, and his semi-couture line is a big seller at bergdorf goodman and neiman marcus...
it also gets a considerable amount of press and is worn by celebrities...
the stuff he designs for target is waaaay different than his high end pieces...

i also think it wasn't cool for them to say this, considering they're working with target on the go collection...
it's kinda like bad-mouthing your boss...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->