Proenza Schouler for Target

wow all this time i did not even think Isaac Mizrahi had these 'semi-couture' lines
i always picture him, whenever i see Target or The Bay or stores like that

Just came back from the Proenza Schouler for Target event and from what I've seen, it's very cute. Much better than all the previous collaborations.

Plus the boys are super sweet.

tell us more...how many looks did you see? did they give you a gift at the event? what stood out?

^ ditto... and I think it's time to take the question mark off the thread name :D

I really like the preview pics. I love the bustier, the trapeze coat, and the skirts. Hope they're not disappointing in person, though...

the collection is fantastic and most of the pieces ara taken from PS's previous collections.. but the most amazing thing are the prices! REALLY REALLY cheap and in pretty decent fabrics...
bustier dresses for $39, tops for $25, tee's for $16-19...
the collection hit the stores on february 1st.. and includes the classic PS pieces plus accessories, swimwear, and sportswear...
and agree.. the guys are very sweet!

^you mean the two boys were at the event??

also: i heard that they do not design their accessories?
and in an interview jack was saying it was their first time to design a shoe for their s/s '07

yeah.. obviously they were there.. they are the nicest, especially jack..
and yes, they do design shoes in house.. they have a shoe designer -former helmut lang- but they supervise everything..

oh why do you say 'especially jack'? ^_^ did you talk with him?

is there a certain theme for the collection?
did they give you a lookbook?

proenza schouler for target article in dec. 06 american vogue

just a heads up, there's an article in the latest american vogue issue (dec. 2006, with nicole kidman on the cover) about the proenza/target collection. there's some pics, one of the boys with a model wearing shorts, a button-down shirt and a jacket and carrying a bag, and one of what looks likes a fantastic magenta bustier dress (for $40!)

it's a cool article...it actually gives a sense of how these collaborations happen, what issues arise in translating high design for the masses, etc. i'm excited about this GO International collection! so far the only one i've really loved has been Paul & Joe, but i think this one could really take the cake...

xo kat
http://www.nogoodforme.com

^I read that article and I was impressed. That dress looked so beautiful and I couldn't believe the target price. I have to have one of those!
The sarafpour collection is mostly cheap (well, never try to make inexpensive laces!) except for the bubble skirt, and I hope that the PS collection will look better!

wow, thanks nogoodforme.im ging to check the newstand again...im wearing my paul and joe for target expresso blazer and pants today. it fits great and was an absolute steal at 50% off. i hope PS come out with a cute blazer and pants...im also crossing my fingers for a leather jacket...

i read the vogue article too...
it says the collection will be in stores in february...
i'm saving money now...:P

the vogue article was great.

the plum colored bustier dress was stunning. cant believe its only 40$.
i think im going to like the sweatshirt with the italian greyhound on it they mentioned (love those dogs)

hihihi... i always dreamed that proenza schouler could be cheaper...
and now it did!!!
i can buy the whole collection off the rack...lol

is it possible to post the article?

It looks great. It still has their signature style which is great. I want the trousers and some of the tops

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->