here's the article:
Photo0002.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

thank you very much for the scan and post, jun3machina :D
the way they said 'dent' so many times is funny

i wonder what the commercial will be like

Last edited by a moderator:
your welcome! i just bought it yesterday and browsed it quickly, but haven't even read it myself yet. it looks enticing though. if they can compliment their designs with some decent fabric, i'll be one happy gal!

I'm not the only one perplexed by the writer's use of words in his lead, am I? :huh:

Aside from being full of beauty, the world is a cruel place, and one of the ways that the world is cruel has to do with fashion, especially high fashion. This is well known not just to laypeople but to fashion designers., especially young fashion designers, those people who were very recently fashion laypeople- and in many cases still have friends who are fashion laypeople…

thanks for posting jun:flower: i'm glad everyone gets to see the bustier dress...it looks like its constructed well from what i can see.

does anyone else wonder how much the "go international" designers are making from these deals?

i think H&M paid stella 1 million $ (that's what the ny times implied). but target sells more "go international" garments over a larger duration of time...so the target deals could be much bigger...

slightly more information about the "go international" scheme...excerpts from today's wwd.

"Target is hoping its focus on style through design exclusives will protect it from Wal-Mart's price onslaught. The retailer faces difficult year-over-year comparisons in women's apparel, which has been a sales powerhouse the past two years.

Steinhafel described the women's business as "decent" in the third quarter, but said men's wear and children's wear were stronger performers.

Rafe for Target handbags have been "very, very well received from our guests," Steinhafel said. The company is working on designer collaboration for accessories, he said, without divulging a designer or time frame. He said the Go International program, which offers collections for 90 days only, would be the model for accessories launches.

Steinhafel said the company's four Go International projects this year — Luella Bartley, Tara Jarmon, Paul & Joe and Behnaz Sarafpour — have shown that offering a few pieces of many styles per store works best, as does adding new items every four to six weeks.

"We've evolved that particular set of tactics and we've seen results improve as we've gone throughout the last year," Steinhafel said.

Target has tapped Proenza Schouler and reportedly Paco Rabanne's Patrick Robinson for future Go International collections. The retailer declined to comment."

I do like Target's clothing, so I'll keep an eye out for this one.

I'm a big fan of Issac Mizrahi's Target line...the small runs a little big, but it's nice otherwise.

now THIS is exciting!
i just found this thread, so didn't even know it had been confirmed!
I have high hopes for this one - Benhaz and P&J were a bit of a let down for me (even though i was really excited about P&J) so I'm hoping that the collection is as good as they're clearly capable of making it.
so, if the release is feb 1, when will the press photos appear on the target site?

glad you're excited about this, clickmekate.(what was your final tally with the P+J items, by the way?)

i think the press photos should be up in early december...i keep checking the target pressroom every couple of days...

I always love the pictures of the clothes at Target, but in person the fabric bothers me. Plus they never seem to fit quite right. Oh well, I guess if you want "New York design at Minnesota prices" you have to make sacrifices (I'm sure I'll stock up and make it work)

hey luce - i ended up with a paltry two items - the ballerina sweater and the p&J logo shirt - but I think I'm going to ebay the shirt lol!
LOVE the ballerina jersey, though.
hoping the proenza will be better, as their design aesthetic really appeals to me and i've always wanted a PS dress...
will keep checking the target site too, and if i spot the photos before you i will let you know xx
(ps did you know the L.A.M.B. bags are now up for pre-sale on the Nordies website? SOOOO expensive!)

This really does look like the most promising line from Go International yet. That coat and the button skirts from the press pics and the bustier dress look really great.

It looks like the Proenza items are more likely to work with the clothes I normally wear than the other lines too. From Paul & Joe and Behnaz all I ended up keeping were the short-sleeve blouses...

If you go to shoplocal.com and search "proenza schouler," you can find a list of the names of many items in the collection with the prices! There aren't any pictures yet, but they link you to the item's page on the Target site as well.

Here's a list of all the different pieces on that site! there are 58 total, but I'm pretty sure there'll be others since I didn't notice any pants or shorts listed.

Show Purp Voile Bustier Dress - 5
Grape Juice Palm Leaf Prt Gauze Dress - L
Showgirl Purple Button Front Skirt w/ Belt - 13
Williamsburg Navy Twill Pencil Skirt - 11
Ava Sea/ White Palm Printed Gauze Skirt - S
Linen Heavy Linen Pencil Skirt - 3
Ebony Gauze Skirt - M
Show Purp Silk Bubble Prt Dress - 3
Williamsb Navy Silk Colorblock Dress - 11
Avalon Sea Aloha Frl Prt Gauze Dress - M
Ebony L/ S Pintuck Shirtdress - XS
Oxford Blue Y/ D Dobby Strp Mini Skirt - 13
White Twill Denim Zip Pencil Skirt - 7
Pita Bread Gore Skirt - 5
Wild Dove Twill Pencil Skirt - 9
Cabin Brn Voile Bustier Dress - 5
Showgirl Purple Button Front Skirt w/ Belt - 3
Grape Juice Palm Prt Scoop Bottom - M
Wild Dove Cropped Suede Jkt w/ Buckle - M
Williamsburg Navy Cotton/ Twill Blazer - XL
Faded Rose Cotton/ Twill Blazer - XL
Ebony/ Blue Palm Leaves Prt Jacket - M
Ocean Madras Seersucker Jacket - S
C Brn/ Sil Grey Palm Leaves Prt Jacket - L
Avalon Sea Cropped Faille Jkt w/ Buckle - XS
Show Purp Silk Wrap Top - L
Ebony Hooded Anorak Jacket - M
Canary Hooded Anorak Jacket - S
Chain Printed Silk Scarf
Ebony Pleated Scoop Bottom - XS
Oxford White Faille Vest - M
Oxford Blue Y/ D Dobby Strp Mini Skirt - 13
Hth Grey/ F Rose Cardigan Sweater - XS
Wild Dove Bubble Prt Ruf Frt Woven Shirt - XL
Williamsburg Navy Windbreaker Jacket - XS
Ebony Pleated Underwire Top - M
William Navy L/ S Polo Sweater - XS
Hth Grey Cable Cardigan Sweater - S
Dark Wash But Front Jean Skirt w/ Belt - 11
Ebony L/ S Jersey Dress - M
Char Grey/ Navy Prt Jacquard Sweater - M
Linen Heavy Linen Pencil Skirt - 7
Grape Juice Palm Prt Bandeau Top - M
Ebony Pleated Surf Bottom - S
Chinese Red Windbreaker Jacket - S
Ebony Pleated Tankini Top - L
Ebony Pleated Surf Bottom - XS
Show Purp Suede Clutch w/ Piping
White Stripe V- neck Sweater - L
Ox Blue Chain Prt Silk Wrap Top - XS
Heavy Linen Linen Jacket - XS
Ebony Canvas Trapunto Bag
Avalon Sea Palm Prt Silk Wrap Dress - L
True White Ruffle Frt Woven Shirt - L
Show Purp Bubble Prt Cotton/ Twill Jkt - XS
William Navy L/ S Polo Sweater - XL
Ebony Cardigan Sweater - XL
Blue/ Wht Chain Prt Ruf Scoop Bottom - XS

The links lead to the Target site. no pictures yet though. All the sizes are listed, I just copied whichever one came first.

I hope this helps!

some pictures are already up at the target pressroom. the pressroom is missing the accessories and the bustier dresses. i love the palm leaf items.

thanks!!
I'm really excited for this line now. I hope they release more photos soon! and the hi-res ones too.

I can't wait to see! I've tended to be excited for the collections but each time, feeling let down with none doing so more than Behnaz.

lucy where is the pressroom...
i don't remember how to find it....
:huh:

thank you for the link clickmekate
oh! the colours they are using is much brighter...!

thanks so much kate...:heart:
def not as mainstream as the previous go international collections...
not sure what that will mean at mass market but i know what it means for american fashionistas...:shifty:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->