Project Runway

Famous models on Project Runway! Can YOU guess who is who??? :wink:

pic_runway_ep11_kara_7.jpg

(BTW, the designers fought over this one when she came into the audition!)

pic_runway_ep11_jay_1.jpg

pic_runway_ep11_kara_2.jpg

She kep tripping over her dress! :P

pic_runway_ep11_kara_6.jpg

I dunno if she's FAMOUS, but she looks A LOT like Dianne Kreugger.

pic_runway_ep11_kara_8.jpg

Reality show intersection!

pic_runway_ep11_wendy_5.jpg

Too good a model for Wendy's ugly clothes...

pic_runway_ep11_wendy_2.jpg

I feel like I should know this one...

and the winner is.....eek!

i thought kara saun should have won :angry: . i think what did her in was the "gucci" hardware on some of the dresses and the shoe issue. [great outfits below]

pic_runway_ep11_kara_4.jpg
pic_runway_ep11_kara_1.jpg

i was actually bored with jay the winners collection. :innocent: which is odd because its jay that takes all the risks while kara makes safe outfits...it seems they changed styles which was interesting. [boring outfits below]

pic_runway_ep11_jay_10.jpg
pic_runway_ep11_jay_3.jpg

and well...no need to speak of wendy :sick:

pic_runway_ep11_wendy_9.jpg

From Jay...and Anna Sui.
pic_runway_ep11_jay_3.jpg

00051.L.JPG

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this is unfair of me to post this, because we can all build pages upon pages upon pages of one look from one show looking eerily like another look from another show, but I simply could not resist!!!

I"m surprised that you called that outfit of Jay's "boring". I found that one to be the most functional outfit practically out of all of their collections.
Kara Saun's collection was definitely ripped straight from the movie and had a JLo touch added to it. Leathers and furs, how.... blah. She definitely got called out on the Gucci thing, even the model said it was very Gucci when she was there for her fitting.

Although Jay definitely had the DTM (dyed to match... as Tim called it) look, there were strong pieces that I could see worn on the street for sure.

Wendy's chartreuse top was hilarious. What was she thinking... "oh I'll design something that has breasts coming through for the whole world to see!". I would have laughed more if she had the model with her (17 years old) wearing it... child p*rn for the whole world to see! Wendy's collection had no unifying theme either... the final piece that her model wore was sooooo far removed from everything else.

Jay kicks ***. I'm gonna go see what stuff of his they have at Bagutta this weekend...

wyatt. said:
why would they have pictures of austin's pieces if he wasn't mentioned in the show at all? why did he even have a show?

To throw people off. The runway shows were scheduled to take place at Bryant Park before the episode where the Final Three were announced would be aired , and they must have had Austin in it so that the identities of the finalists wouldn't be spoiled by people who saw the runway shows. It was stated by people who had been to the runway shows that Austin's clothing looked literally pieced together by safety pins, indicating it was a half-***ed effort.

I heard the same thing was done on America's Next Top Model's first season, where the final three models took to the runway so that you wouldn't know who was eliminated before the show was aired.

TrophyBrown said:
From Jay...and Anna Sui.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this is unfair of me to post this, because we can all build pages upon pages upon pages of one look from one show looking eerily like another look from another show, but I simply could not resist!!![/font]

I thought I heard eyeballs rolling during Fashion Week! :D Anna Sui must've either been flattered, or majorly pissed off!

Of course, Kara gets ripped a new one for her Gucci references, but no one caught the Sui references in Jay's because...I don't know if anyone's even paying attention to anything she does anymore! :P

Chinor1z said:
Jay kicks ***. I'm gonna go see what stuff of his they have at Bagutta this weekend...

Jay's stuff is at Bagutta Life? I must have not seen a post referencing that. We kept saying that his looks might sell better in Japan...

Kara Saun...and Stella McCartney

pic_runway_ep11_jay_1.jpg

00050f.jpg

Oh, the possibilities are endless!

bakla...how can you say that kara using her professional connections was fair?...
as far as l'oreal and banana...they were corporate sponsors for the show and everyone has equal access to them...completely different...and it specifically forbade getting stuff donated in everyone's contract...she was trying to pull afast one...

if she had gotten everyone hooked up with dollhouse...then that would have been fair...but she obviously took advantage of a situation andd exploited it for her own best interest...as well as having her friend in the workroom helping her fix them...

how is that fair?...
it's completely shady...
not to say that doesn't really happen...but that doesn't make it cool...imo...
poor jay is running around the streets of ny trying to find shoes etc...
and it also meant that she had more money to spend on fabrics-furs...leather...etc...
and then the way she called dollhouse and basically told them how much to charge for the shoe and then miraculously produced and invoice...PUH-lease...

i would have loved to see her clothes go down the runway with no shoes...HAHAHA...
that would have amused me...
ps-i thought the shoes she designed were tacky trash anyway...LOL...

ultramarine said:
An MJ wannabe has mass appeal ... if there's one, I bet my pants that designer will win. It's all about the audience, and most people wouldn't choose Kawakubo-type of clothing over Jacobs/Vuitton.

Kawakubo-type of clothing over Jacobs/Vuitton?

what is this supposed to mean?:sick:

Yeh, I was also thinking that Kara never should have bothered with the coordinating footwear. It was contrived, overboard, overly produced...and on top of it the shoes were like bad 70's. They did not combine with the clothes well at all. Oh and the boots with fur...too much "fly" for the fly girl.

Too bad, because the shoe situation was ugly from the concept to the execution to the surrounding issues. She alienated people just for those shoes. In the real world she can do that, but in an "amateur" competition its not fair at all. But I dont think she was seeking to cheat, initially. But her solution of the new invoice...15-dollar shoes...c'mon...thats an insult to anyones intelligence.

I do think there was too much made of the gucci influence...Jay was influenced too...the trick is, it has to be an influence that is more subtle, and one that these judges are more in line with.

I do like one of the messages of this outcome though...do your thing, dont follow conventional style...and you can be rewarded after all.

Now...more importantly...:wink: what exactly was Jay doing for a p*rno website?

Hmm, I think someone had posted on here that Bagutta has commissioned a few pieces of Jay's for display/sale at their store (i'm guessing this is the SoHo Bagutta Life, although I can't be sure.... I'll be going there anyways to see new collection stuff anyways). It may have been a post on the bravotv.com project runway discussions too.....

I DO want to know what Jay's ties to the p*rn industry were. That is something that I've been dying to know!

As for the Anna Sui similarity... I'm still dubious. A long scarf paired with a top and a skirt? Nothing overly distinct or unique about that combo.

.... and I went ahead and ordered one of the wrist wraps that Jay makes off of the project runway webpage. A slight bit pricey, but whatever... it may look cool seeing that I wear a lot of black/white/red. I ordered it a few weeks ago... so maybe it'll show up soon! Hurry up and make it Jay!

i am glad that jay won kara saun's collection was to much like versace and gucci

softgrey said:
bakla...how can you say that kara using her professional connections was fair?...
as far as l'oreal and banana...they were corporate sponsors for the show and everyone has equal access to them...completely different...and it specifically forbade getting stuff donated in everyone's contract...she was trying to pull afast one...

I'm saying that it's all about product placement, and Dollhouse saw an opportunity, I thought, and Kara jumped on it. I don't think she was malicious about it, nor knew it was cheating and intended to do it (as marrimoda also pointed out in post#316, so it's not like I have an isolated view). Unlike Wendy, who admits to the camera that she'll do anything, andtell people tot their face one thing but admit to the camera that she was lying. But that's just my assumption from watching the show.

And from the contest perspective, I don't have quite the visceral reaction you have - the shoes are really a sidenote, because they're not there to design shoes. I don't think people were really looking at the shoes, and neither the videos nor the internet coverage of the show ever really shows you shoe details - it's just an addtion to it, not the main event. If she got someone to help her design the clothing, I'd have a problem, but the shoes? I thought your reaction of:
softgrey said:
kara is a total cheater...
i can't believe she went on and on about wendy and all the while she was plotting and scheming and getting shoes custom made for
FREE!!!...what a disgusting hypocrite...gross...!!!
...was over the top and not really commensurate with the 'crime.' But you're certainly entitled to your reaction. I just don't share it.

Agree to disagree?:flower:

i think it was not fair at all because jay and wendy had to buy cheap
10 dollar shoes that did not look as good as kara saun's custom made shoes if she would not have got free shoes from dollhouse she probably would have won.

hugobossdaria said:
i am glad that jay won kara saun's collection was to much like versace and gucci
I loved Kara Saun's collection a friend of mine was in her show and said that she is exactly like she was on the show in person nice and caring.

Yay for Jay. Kara bores me. Wendy should just give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->