Rodarte S/S 10 New York

Love the picture of the three girls, in black outfits, so dark. Love the vampire vibe.

For me good clothes have to look excellent from every angle, afar and close. This looks like patchwork to me, with radon ribons sowed together. Does nothing for the female shape (personal preference here). No amount of up close detail would make me want to wear something that looks like a result of ingneous use of left over fabric.

But they have a lot of fans which i don't understand. I am obviously missing something. :unsure:

so you value everything based only on surface?

and everyone has their own taste. just because you don't particularly enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us can't appreciate it. we are individuals afterall. and so are designers. the thing is,rodarte have a very different vision...one that goes against the standard ideal of fashion,particularly american fashion...they appreciate texture and workmanship....it may be expressed differently contrary to your perceptions but fashion is not just a business,it's also a medium.

These two never fail to impress me. It's such a brilliant mesh of colour and texture and print.

Got to say however I wish the "tattoos" weren't in marker pen... that's just me being nitpicky however at some of them rubbing off slightly. Such a great aesthetic otherwise, really compliments the garments.

and everyone has their own taste. just because you don't particularly enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us can't appreciate it. we are individuals afterall. and so are designers. the thing is,rodarte have a very different vision...one that goes against the standard ideal of fashion,particularly american fashion...they appreciate texture and workmanship....it may be expressed differently contrary to your perceptions but fashion is not just a business,it's also a medium.[/quo
you missed my point and you are obviously seeing word that i did not type.

- I never talked about liking clothes on the surface, but wanting my clothes to look immaculate up close and from afar.

The clothes that I find beautiful do not look like Rodarte. I would never buy there dresses. I don't get them. I has nothing to do with business, my definition of fashion and all that crap. It's not my taste period. it's that simple.

This is incredible. I was afraid I'd be slightly disappointed like I was last season but this is just amazing. I love the vibe...gothic pagan warriors. It's beautiful. The texture of the pants along with the detail work at the bottom is really impressive, I'm glad that they don't leave the pants as an afterthought even after all of the work that goes into the gowns. I can't wait for a video and the full collection. The picture of the final three gowns is eerily beautiful.

and everyone has their own taste. just because you don't particularly enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us can't appreciate it. we are individuals afterall. and so are designers. the thing is,rodarte have a very different vision...one that goes against the standard ideal of fashion,particularly american fashion...they appreciate texture and workmanship....it may be expressed differently contrary to your perceptions but fashion is not just a business,it's also a medium.

you said all Scott .. tks

lol, looks like there's a difference of opinion. some people like "pretty" clothes and some people appreciate the beauty of a concept and workmanship that is at the heart of Rodarte. although I love wearable clothes, it gets very boring a lot of the times, especially with this season. I appreciate rodarte's freshness and vision.

If you only look for prettiness what are you doing in a Rodarte thread anyway :-))

what tribes the tatoo refer to ?

i love this for the moment !
i'm sure it'll be stunning.

predator's girlfriend crossover apocalypto ?!

cannot wait to know the music !!!!

I supossed that they are inspired by Maoris, like givenchy ss 2007.

If you only look for prettiness what are you doing in a Rodarte thread anyway :-))
:rolleyes: cause i want to post my opinion on it, and hoping they would finally create something i like.
But i made a mistake cause it's obviously some kind of sin to not adore Rodarte clothes.

there were only a few pieces i liked, the rest i find repetitive and overwhelming (and not in a good way.)

I've never been a fan of Rodarte aesthetic and it's not going to change, but it's nice to see them moving on. Slowly, but still.

eh

I was really hoping I would love this collection, but the more I saw of it the more it offends me. Their were a few pieces I liked, and I don't want to judge prematurely without seeing some detail shots, yet I was expecting more from the girls this season.All I found was darkness for darkness's sake, their was no beauty, even twisted beauty in it. I get that they can combine texture and color, but with most of these dresses it is just ugly. Yes they are artful and do something most in the fashion industry don't, however, that doesn't give them a free pass in my book.

The dresses with the looping and the long fringe pieces are disgusting, but what can I expect when their influence was that tiny bag lady Tavi.

And that green lighting made everyone look terrible, and the clothes as well.

wow this collection just blew my mind. who cares if 90% of it isn't really wearable, everything is just AMAZING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->