Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Just received the Mr Porter blast email for the FW collection and I feel personally insulted, which is rather rare because usually when I don't like something, my brain just ignores it exists.
It's abysmal, and I wish for a quick dismissal, it's time to rip the band-aid and amputate.

The new Gucci eyewear campaign (with Liya, Abbey Lee, George Barnett and He Cong) is shoot by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Suzanne Koller so maybe this will be the new team...hopefully Koller will style Gucci (again) for the ss25 show....
3th times the charm i guess lol : She did also the Gucci women's interim shows FW 2023 milan and cruise 2024 Korea

Just received the Mr Porter blast email for the FW collection and I feel personally insulted, which is rather rare because usually when I don't like something, my brain just ignores it exists.
It's abysmal, and I wish for a quick dismissal, it's time to rip the band-aid and amputate.
screenshot of Mr Porter blast email the visuals ? would be fun to see lol

They brought her back? I loved FW23's styling

They brought her back? I loved FW23's styling

Yes, you are right....hopefully Koller will make something interesting...

The problem with those campaigns is that they are empty...and for Sorenti and Koller must be easy money. Being minimal doesn't mean emptiness ancora guy haha

This time Riccardo is not mentioned, only ancora guy as artistic director...
allegedly show stylist should be Marie Chaix

I don’t buy their “brand elevation” strategy when you go into their website or onto websites like MrPorter and basically everything they are selling is full of logos and tacky, except a few pieces from the runway collection.

Pricing your runway collection at those absurd prices whilst churning out GG logos and then having those two aesthetics clash at an advertising and merchandising level is a very weak and confusing strategy. Add to that the fact that Sabato’s vision for the brand is basically nonexistent, and you can’t help but scratch your head at what Gucci is trying to achieve?

The brand messaging is total chaos and lacks cohesion. Daniel Lee should have gone to Gucci and done a total cleaning of the aesthetics, sharpened the image up and gotten rid of all those logos.

Sabato’s work just feels very temporary somehow, like he’s only there to steer the brand in a vaguely new direction and keep it all going until someone with a strong vision comes onboard.

I have been in the Venice Gucci Store... and Gucci Area of Fondaco dei Tedeschi Departement Store...... people were buying that colorful logo stuff....

But chavvy people.

It might sell....

I have been in the Venice Gucci Store... and Gucci Area of Fondaco dei Tedeschi Departement Store...... people were buying that colorful logo stuff....

But chavvy people.

It might sell....
I know both those stores very well: Fondaco dei Tedeschi is operated by DFS, the airport retail branch of LVMH, so this one is oriented to tax-free tourists (mostly Asians/Americans), so people who planned their purchase long in advance, those are deported sales; Gucci is selling in the EU what they would have sold in the tourists' homecountry.
The other one on Calle Larga XXII Marzo is Kering-operated.
There used to be long queues at each of them. And the Kering one has kept all the AM decor but just painted Ancora grey, it's very weird to see that exuberant Michele furniture in slate grey. It's on my way, I very rarely see people in this one, and yes they are often kinda chavvy.
Or just men trying to impress their girlfriend or their girlfriend-experience.

In this street, only Dior, LV and Chanel still have queues, Burberry has closed, the new ones (Margiela, Valentino, Marni and Jil Sander) are almost empty but not always.

brand like Gucci LV Chanel and even Goyard live off from logo/monogram items it's both a blessing and a curse when done right is strong thing to have but it's also a trap because of the greed of these brands to keep growing

so logo and monograms and emblems are low hanging fruit

I was told by Gucci staff that the Lido collection was not selling at all… only the logoed stuff and purchased by very “cheap” customers. The sell through must terrible.
So much for brand elevation lol. What happened to those stores that were going to exclusively cater to high net worth individuals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->