San Francisco Shopping

Zara is coming too

I just walked by the storefront on Post street a half a block off Union Square. Looks to be opening much sooner than H & M with the full line, women's, men's and kids.

Robi said:
I just walked by the storefront on Post street a half a block off Union Square. Looks to be opening much sooner than H & M with the full line, women's, men's and kids.

true that -_-

i walked past zara as well last week and it looks like it should be finished very soon.

the zara is opening on thursday...i asked one of the construction guys that was coming out! :woot:

its so weird coz h&m here in england is like a weed, they're just almost everywhere. I would have thought there would be more H&m in US coz there's gotta be more people!...specially in city like SF an LA

I've always wanted to go to H&M but there was never one around, looks like i have somewhere new to go next summer

As far as decor, you get what you pay for with H & M. But for those of us that can't or won't shell out thousands for the latest Zac Posen goddess dress, H & M makes a nice knock off. Let's just hope local's aren't as savvy as they are in NY. When the Lagerfield came out there it was gone in like 3 hours. Hope the same doesn't happen here with the McCartney . . .

So no more Lagerfield at H&M? He only did it for one season?

I guess that's best. I haven't got any money to spend hahah.

There's going to be 2 H&M's in San Francisco: one at O'Farrell and Powell (3 floors, probably a flagship store) and a smaller store on Post between Grant and Kearny (in the old Williams-Sonoma space next to Brooks Brothers)...

both stores open November 15...

:woot:

Marc by Marc Jacobs coming to San Francisco

this may be a ways off, but a Marc by Marc Jacobs store is opening in July at 2142 Fillmore Street...

i'm soo excited about this, as right now you have to trek to a bunch of different places to find Marc by Marc...

i walked by both them today on my way to school.

the post street one is slightly smaller but it is practically finished and they had everything set up inside all the clothes on the rackes and the doors were open, i wanted to run in and just steal stuff, hehe. they were just throwing out boxes and whatnot. there were some german buisness-y looking types outside of it, i don't know if they worked or h&m or not, but they wern't tourists(even though it's swedish, i would imagine that they are big in germany too) . it's right across the street from max mara and burberry, that block is going to be getting so much action now that h&m is opening up.

the big store on powell so doesn't look like it's going to be opened in a week like it says, they were still painting and scaffolding was everywhere... this one is closer to ysl, chanel, saks, urban outfitters, etc.

yay, first zara, now 2 h&m, i don't know why i am so excited for big chain stores, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
H&M in San Francisco

*merge if necessary*

For those who have been to H&M in San Francisco, is it worth the trip? Anything I should expect? I'm planning on going this week and I don't want to make the trip if there isn't anything worth buying. Thanks in advance! :heart:

I'd like to know also!.. I'm back in the bay area and am planning to make an H&M excursion.

Definitely! I go to school in Davis but my parents live in SF, so I went for the first time during Thanksgiving break while I was home. I actually went 3 times. It was amazing. I mean, I had gone to H&M before in London, but going into the one in SF, the place where I LIVE, it was really thrilling for me. I guess I'm just a dork! It's about time SF had H&M's!!! :D

^ I'm from Davis too :woot:

I might be going to San Francisco this weekend. I too was also wondering if I should stop by. Is it crowded there? :doh:

Aren't there two locations, one on Post and the other on Powell? Are they the same?

Boho Addict said:
Aren't there two locations, one on Post and the other on Powell? Are they the same?
no they're not. powell is the big store, with mens, womens, and teens and acessories. the post st one just has womens and teens clothes along with accessories. by the way, since the post st one is smaller, its less crowded.

seasecrets said:
no they're not. powell is the big store, with mens, womens, and teens and acessories. the post st one just has womens and teens clothes along with accessories. by the way, since the post st one is smaller, its less crowded.

The post street one is pretty crappy, imo. the floor is very cramped and the layout just isn't nice. Powell street location is much easier to walk through, and they have a ton more accessories upstairs. I still have yet to buy anything from H&M SF because the clothes are just such horrible quality. I went in there last night because my ears were so cold, and didnt even buy a beanie for 4 bucks b/c it was such shite. I havent seen people lining up outside of Powell St. anymore either. Whatta joke. anyways, it shouldnt be too crowded today b/c its raining, and I think people in SF are terrified of rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->