Sarouels

I should add, however, that as the picture in Mirra's post #157 didn't make me want to have an involuntary protein spill, it's still not my cup of tea.

I just don't think anyting is going to convince me of this style.

foob said:
I actually saw these pants yesterday in urban outfitters...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=21544&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=10&iSubCat=21&iProductID=21544

dont think I could ever ever ever pull them off
:sick: cotton jersey and these pants do not go together.

i actually like some versions of this type of pant. i think it's possible to wear these well. it would have to fit your body type and style. trend clones would not wear this well at all, i don't think.

new_dawn_fades said:
didnt carol christian poell do some as well? that was for men... i re-modified my baggy chinos into something similar but the crotch wasnt as low as some of the styles listed... but i got a few compliments from people... mine were made to look like this:heart::heart::heart:.... i dont like the MC hammer style pant... but the lower crotch can look good...on some people.. and yes it wont work very well on the fuller figure. Ann Demeulemeester's got it right tho!:heart::heart:

Totally loving Demelemeester's first menswear collection! So glad people are appreciating her. The whole baggy pants thing seems to be a big theme this summer for menswear - Raf is going with billowy pants too, there's something really new romanticy and cool about them. Westwood's been doing this for ages too - her alien trousers are amazing - I love the movement they create when you walk in them...like you are wearing some sort of fabulous floating nappy or something :woot: :woot:

I've got 2 of the H&M, one jogging and one jeans, at first people looked kind of weird to my, but know i only get complements obout them :D

I almost bought those Yohji jeans in post #163.

A girl at my job wore a pair of the long crotch pants and I liked the look on her. I think it all depends on how you wear them and who is wearing them.

It's been seen everywhere in Asia
and it's got a cute name" cattle pants" due to the cattle-leg alike look

Lol!!!I'v just been into Topshop n they have the offending item in the sale. They're black and cost £12 but its buy 1 item get the other free :lol: I'v also seen some girls at my college wearing them n they didn't look as stupid as i thort they wud

Type of trousers?

4d3qv85.jpg

2myyzw2.jpg

Does anyone know how these kind of trousers/jeans are called? I'm trying to find one of these kind for quite some time now but I cant seem to find them anywere. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
MC Hammer ^_^

just kidding, I think they're called harem pants? I'm not sure..

Well the two you posted are different...the first (red? its a bit hard to see)...look like drop-crotch pants or shirwal/sarouel pants. The second pair, although it's hard to tell because you can't see below the knees, look more like jodhpurs. The crotch is not dropped. (I've also heard the term "drop-crotch" to refer to the hip-hop look with a dropped waist as well though.)
I don't know where you can find them this season, but you'll get some hits if you google "sarouel".

Here's the TFS thread on this topic, I'm sure you'll find some more info there.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...tches-europe-28427.html?highlight=drop-crotch

HTH! :flower:

Gerlach said:
Does anyone know how these kind of trousers/jeans are called? I'm trying to find one of these kind for quite some time now but I cant seem to find them anywere.
sad.gif
I'd say try an army surplus store. Last time I was in one they had those pants there. At least the ones in the 2nd pic.

markie said:
MC Hammer ^_^

just kidding, I think they're called harem pants? I'm not sure..
No, harempants are made from an other fiber and are much wider. However, thanks for the input. ^_^

Wha...twin threads? I already answered the same thread hours ago in the Personal Style forum...anyway here it is in case you missed it.:wink:

Melisande said:
Well the two you posted are different...the first (red? its a bit hard to see)...look like drop-crotch pants or shirwal/sarouel pants. The second pair, although it's hard to tell because you can't see below the knees, look more like jodhpurs. The crotch is not dropped. (I've also heard the term "drop-crotch" to refer to the hip-hop look with a dropped waist as well though.)
I don't know where you can find them this season, but you'll get some hits if you google "sarouel".

Here's the TFS thread on this topic, I'm sure you'll find some more info there.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...tches-europe-28427.html?highlight=drop-crotch

HTH! :flower:

Drop Crotch Pants

Does anyone know where I could buy these? I want the cropped ones, kinda baggie, not parachute pants, but alas, close. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->