Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore

I wonder when him and his wife split up. Because I just read an article of his from 2007 saying him and his wife had been together for 18 years...:ninja:

^People change and it seems like he has changed a lot. You can tell by looking at his blog from the start to where it's at now.

ooooooh! that's so adorable, and very new-agey- two fashion bloggers in love! i want to see some pictures of them together!!

thanks for the update, everyone!

Here you go ^_^

tisdag5.jpg

Image from KingMagazine.se

I saw them kissing in Milan while hanging out with ADR's assistants pre-show. She's much taller than him!!

oh I wasn't saying people cannot break up after being together a long length of time. I should know - my parents divorced after 27 years of marriage. I was just commenting :flower: They look cute - how tall is he though if she's so much taller? He does have quite a boxy shape (which he comments on his blog)

From memory I think he is around 5'5" or 5'6"...not much more than that :smile:

wow, i totally thought he was married with kids (i think they were featured in a magazine or something which he blogged about).

to be honest, i don't visit his blog ...not a fan of his work or his 'commentary'

Hmm.... He is/was married with a child, but he really is one of the gayest men I have ever met. So that they are dating is quite a shocker.

Not to mention, he is stocky and VERY short (I would say like 5'4), and Garance is quite tall, non?

Different strokes...it's not shocking to me that two people who have a similar career (and possibly way of looking at the world) would be drawn to each other. Character trumps height.

Unless you mean that you think he's a closeted homosexual, I think it's unfair to describe him as gay. Not all men fit that masculine stereotype, and they are still plenty attractive to women.

If he is divorced, though.

That's what I was wondering, I can't find any mention of a divorce online, and it seems he was still talking about his wife just months ago.

I'm curious because of a blog post I was reading yesterday about them. The blogger was crowing how happy she was for them, and got so defensive when readers questioned his marital status and what exactly happened.

I like to know all the facts before I start congratulating or pointing fingers I guess. Someone else's heart may have been broken, and that just isn't something I can celebrate. Hopefully that isn't what happened and they met free of any baggage:flower:

(not that it is any of my business or that my opinion matters anyway:wink:)

Oh I thought he was married.

They're a match in heaven though. I'm kind of rooting for them!

yeah dreams, I did some searching as well to see when he got divorced, which is when I found the article saying he'd been married for 18 years. The gossip in me does wonder what happened....

Thats the most interesting piece of gossip I've heard in a long time! I ADORE Garance, she is so talented, and I hope they're happy. I guess people just fall unexpectedly in love...

scott's quite short. i'm 5'1 and i remember he was maybe 2 inches taller than me.

i love garance, her insight and her photos, but i can't be quite that happy until we know what happened with scott's wife. he was a stay-at-home dad with two kids (one of whom was born within the past 3 or 4 years, i think?). now he's traveling everywhere every few weeks? i hope he doesn't forget his children.

An article was posted today on the Times Online which contains the following...

"When the post-9/11 slump hit business, Schuman found himself kicking his heels looking after his daughters as a stay-at-home dad (his wife is a fashion marketing director). “Our nanny moved back to Honduras. I started to watch the kids for a while, waiting for her to come back,” he says. “She never came back.”"

"What do his kids – aged 6 and 10 – make of what he does? “They’re starting to get it now. But they don’t have any friends who know the site yet. That’ll be pretty cool, when some kid they’ve just met says, ‘Wow.’” Schuman denies he has his family all starched up in Brooks Brothers at home."

Which makes it sound like he's still with his wife...:huh:

Full article here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->