Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore

I was just reading Garance's interview on Refinery and they kept referring to Scott as her boyfriend :shock:. I was under the impression that he was married and yes she talks about her boyfriend on her blog but I assumed it was a french man. So of course I had to google "Scott Schuman dating Garance" and the first result was this thread! I am shocked to say the least. After going through this thread I can surmise that he's still married but divorcing and that he's been having an affair with Garance and they aren't being discreet whatsoever :doh:. I do love their work professionally and I always enjoy Garance's commentary but this news is disappointing.

I also cannot imagine the 2 of them together at all :ninja:.

don't know too much about this, but if its true it seems very sweet. they are both very good photographers and clearly have much in common. i'd love it if their blogs joined. the satorial dore?

geez had no idea about this !!!

but maybe she could come here and say if it's true or not ...

her friend géraldine is a member here ...

gosh i didn't know this till i spotted this on the forum list....
there's one thing my principal always say which actually has some logic is "girls you must have dignity and grace no matter what your doing'

geez had no idea about this !!!

but maybe she could come here and say if it's true or not ...

her friend géraldine is a member here ...

are you serious? no offence, but after all it's her private life. even if it's fun to speculate, i really don't think that she needs to justify herself on a random forum.

^ If you take a look back thru the thread, she's already been quite clear about it in print.

I saw them kissing in milan way before the rumor started, and now they are both off to australia, each wrote on their blog. i think the affair/relationship is pretty confirmed.

they look weird together, she's much taller.

anyways, totally agree with whoever said they should be more discreet. okay if he likes to make it excessively public, but i'd imagine a woman would be more respectful and sympathetic.

I saw them kissing in milan way before the rumor started, and now they are both off to australia, each wrote on their blog. i think the affair/relationship is pretty confirmed.

they look weird together, she's much taller.

anyways, totally agree with whoever said they should be more discreet. okay if he likes to make it excessively public, but i'd imagine a woman would be more respectful and sympathetic.

It's not okay for either of them to make it excessively public.:angry: I know that it's unfair to pass judgement (given that I don't know much about the situation) but for them to flaunt their relationship around while he is still married with children is a bit rude.

I'm trying not to judge, but this makes me feel quite disappointed.

I love both their blogs, and will always appreciate their photography and work.

but this seems kind of indiscreet, and fairly...not-so-nice, especially when we consider the wife and kids.

anyway. *tries-not-to-think-about-it* :doh:

^ it is hard to reconcile the charming posts on garance dore and something as seamy as an affair when kids are involved.

now i don't want to be overgeneralizing, but i got the impression that the french can be somewhat casual about extra-marital activities, at least compared to how americans feel about it.

still. :unsure:

anyway, here's a picture (i think) of scott shooting geraldine saglio with garance dore waiting in the background.

jakandjill.com/blog/

Attachments

• geraldinesaglio.jpg
    geraldinesaglio.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 220
I guess they're going to Australia together :rolleyes:.

Yaahaaaa! It’s like a dream come true. I’ve never set foot on the island and I don’t even think I’ve gone on a trip this long. I’ll be down under with Scott.

garancedore

I don't know. No one knows what it was like inside Scott's marriage nor is it the responsibility on Garance to ensure his marriage remains healthy. My parents were married for just over 25 years and it was clear that for at leave several years, things weren't so great. It's not fair to comment on whether it's 'good' or 'bad' when we don't know the details...

^ it is hard to reconcile the charming posts on garance dore and something as seamy as an affair when kids are involved.

now i don't want to be overgeneralizing, but i got the impression that the french can be somewhat casual about extra-marital activities, at least compared to how americans feel about it.

still. :unsure:

anyway, here's a picture (i think) of scott shooting geraldine saglio with garance dore waiting in the background.

jakandjill.com/blog/

She doesn't sound at all casual in the comments I've read :innocent:

My parents too broke up at the 25 year mark (finally got divorced at 30) and all I can say is, thank God there was no blogging involved :P

^ How long have they been dating? I remember Garance mentioning her "boyfriend" on her blog a few times; that couldn't have been referring to Scott, could it?

She doesn't sound at all casual in the comments I've read :innocent:

My parents too broke up at the 25 year mark (finally got divorced at 30) and all I can say is, thank God there was no blogging involved :P

^ true, not casual at all. that's part of the dissonance of the whole thing. we hear nothing about the marriage or breakup, but a whole lot about the new relationship.

but i meant casual more concerning the having of an affair with a married man (if indeed he is/was when they got together), rather than casual about the affair itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone is getting way too judgemental without even knowing what's behind that story.

If there was something bad behind all that, i really don't think they'd go public (is that the correct word in english?) the way they do (kissing each other in the streets when they know some may recognize them, talk about each other in interviews, mention each other on their blog...).

^ I don't associate any sense of right or wrong with their being public ... that has to do with risk-taking (in the beginning) and with a sense of euphoria now. They are over the moon with all those fabulous hormones :lol:

I agree that there's no point in judging anyone, but at the same time, compassion (in this case for the wife and kids) never went amiss. I was an adult when my parents divorced, and still it was quite difficult. (Not least because it was dragged out for so long.) My brother was on the cusp of adolescence & I saw an overnight change in him (and not for the better). It is never easy, and it can't be made easier with publicity I'm sure.

Hopefully next time each of us is in the throes of new love, we'll take a moment to consider whether there's anyone we should be feeling a little compassion for ... :wink:

That's pretty low of him to get involved with Garance while still married (if that's the case). Especially since he has children. I hope his wife takes him to the cleaners. Hey Garance, once a cheater always a cheater!

What is wrong with me: I'm still curious - I hate to be a gossip, but does anyone know, is Scott still married? Is there a divorce going on? I keep wondering how his wife feels, considering she worked to support the family while he built up his blog career.

Is this thread too old to reply?

I can't believe this thread is so long! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->