Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

i just went back to copy paste the tara part to post here and now it's gone! i swear it was there before they put up all the new stuff in luella preview. i guess it was a glitch on their part? i have been googling the hell out of tara+target but have come up with nada. it has to be her right??

I peeked at the b/w satin bomber jacket yesterday...it has 2 horses on the back in a shield with some floral stuff around it. I wouldn't wear it.

Strange how the Tara preview thing showed up. That's what happened to me the other day with the Luella preview, since I still hadn't received the ID. Lucky me. :smile:

I have the heart and skull shirt...it fits great. I'm normally size s and s fit me just fine. It really helps to be able to try things on, so I try to hold off on buying until I see them in person.

My Target had all the skull accessories yesterday when I went in. It seems like they are slowly getting all the stuff on the floor now.

I tried on the denim biker jacket and ended up getting it in L (whereas I bought the leather jacket in XL). I loved the fit if the denim jacket...very cute. I like the yellow accents and the collar.

i thought go international was supposed to showcase foreign designers. isnt tara american?

i treid on the sull shirt in s and it fit me well too. but i just worry it would wrinkle. its not too over the top.

Hey, look what I just found on Google about the upcoming Tara:
"---------------------------------------------------------------- Target Corporation 2/22/2006 Target Launches "Go International" Series with Luella Bartley Apparel Line On February 1, 2006, Target's introduced an apparel line by British designer Luella Bartley as the first in its "Go International" series. The line will be featured in stores for 90 days. • "Go International" is a rotational line designed to bring newness and excitement to Target's apparel department in order to drive return trips to Target. • Each quarter, Target will offer a new, limited-edition line from various international designers targeted at credit- conscious junior and contemporary guests. The second line to be launched in May will feature apparel and accessories from Canadian-born Tara Jarmon. • Luella Bartley previously worked for "The Evening Standard" and "Vogue" before launching her own line in 2000. Her Target line combines classic English style with trendy rock 'n' roll."

Now I'll have to Google this Tara Jarmon!

http://www.tarajarmon.com

"When newspapers and magazines write about Tara Jarmon, they mention just as well the woman and the brand.
About the first, they say she is "thoroughbred, stylish". "Soul of the collection", she is called "the lovely brigthing girl from Vancouver", and many people are charmed by her "irresistible Birkin's accent".
She owes her success, at least partly, to her clearsighttedness, because "she analyses the woman, she thinks her through her pureness".
About the second, the add on : "the collection [...] gains the look and the memory". Besides, the brand is part of the classics : "dresses from the time of Jackie Kennedy, contemporary coats, present-day jackets. the true Parisian woman knows Tara Jarmon".
QUOTES:
"Converted with loan-with-carrying by her husband David, Tara Jarmon found its way in creation. Without disavowing the tailor trousers of his beginnings, it proposes aujourd'hui dresses, coats, sweaters... in a luminous and refined style"
Fashion Daily News
"Freshness and feminity before everything, and a true respect for the woman she dresses"
Figaro Madame
"A Canadian woman very Parisian and universal at the same time"
Figaro Madame
"The most Parisian of the Canadian dress deisigners "
Elle
"A destiny wich looks like a success story "
Journal du Textile
"Freshness and innocence are well cultivated"
Elle
"Very feminine collections, offered at competitive prices."
Figaro
"A very parisian concept, flowered collections "
Figaro Madame

nice work usmarinewife! im not terriby excited about tara jarmon. but it could be good. i dont think tara jarmon has very iconic pieces. but if the cut is good, i could be into it!

hopefully prouenza schouler will be the third or fourth designer!

lucy92 said:
im not terriby excited about tara jarmon. but it could be good.
I agree. It could be a good break for me and my wallet, though!:lol:
I'm guessing we can expect simpler, plainer pieces from Tara Jarmon as compared to Luella. Hopefully not boring. If it's to be aimed at a young crowd, it can't be.

lucy92 said:
hopefully prouenza schouler will be the third or fourth designer!
I'll have to check her out, since you've mentioned her a couple times. You've piqued my interest.^_^ Where is she from and what's her style like?

proenza is actually designed by two men :flower: they took their mothers name and combined them . i only know b.c they are the love of my life when it comes to designers!! :heart:

some of their pieces:
00070m.jpg
00180m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00250m.jpg
there are manyyyyy more great looks every season from them. they were 'discovered' at parsons, and are still very young

please credit your pictures prettyjuice.. thank you!

i still have to get my butt to the downtown target..

oh sorry, they are from style.com. but excitement but have made me forget...:rolleyes: :lol:

im hoping the tara jarmon collection will have more stuff centered towards work-wear.

has anyone seen any of the luella stuff onsale instore?

No, I've been to 7+ different Targets, and nothing has been on sale. I think it may be just an online sale. That would be nice with the most recent e-mail I got for 10% off plus free shipping, too!

I'm hoping there will be some dressier/more conservative items in the next collection, too. Just hope I don't like it as much!:lol:

Thanks, lucy92, for the thread link.:flower: I really love that proenza dress in the top right quad of pics prettyjuice posted! I bet it costs a mint, though.

lucy92: I bet! It's foolish to start at a price lower than what you pay yourself, considering the auction fees that can be incurred. I bet the auction winner sure is happy, though!:D

I've been contemplating returning a bunch of the tartan plaid and polka dot dresses I bought back in the beginning just for that reason. I can't decide whether to hold onto them until after April or not. Even though I sold some for more than I bought them, I still don't think it's really worth my time listing, shipping, etc., especially since I have my 11-month-old son to look after. It seems like the best customers for it are the international buyers, since it's not readily available to them in a local store.

So, I think I'll get my extras together, find the receipts, and figure out which Target I need to bring them to.:lol:

from this thread at least and ebay demand it doesnt seem as if europeans are that gung ho about this line.

long story in last weeks UK observer about luella that mentions the line

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1717291,00.html

"There's also a one-off mini-Luella collection aimed at teenagers, and a range going on sale in Target stores across America. At prices from $20 to $130 it is, apparently, selling well. 'It meant I could exorcise all my teen demons,' Luella says, 'and allow my own collection to be more mainline and posh.' "

lucy92 said:
from this thread at least and ebay demand it doesnt seem as if europeans are that gung ho about this line.

Thanks for sharing the article. I meant as far as my personal eBay sales were concerned, I turned out to have more int'l buyers (incl. Sweden, N Korea, Australia). Yeah, still the sales weren't that great, and like I mentioned earlier, after all is said and done, I think I end up losing money (and time) in the end. It's not worth it to me. I'll stick with just buying the stuff for myself!:D

I keep trying to look up anymore info on Tara Jarmon's Target line, but so far the only bit I can find is what I posted yesterday. Maybe we'll get lucky with another Target.com glitch and sneak a peek soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->