Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

I will guess Target will release the news about Tara Jarmon on April 1st or around that time. Did they announce Luella Bartley much in advance? I'm so curious to see the next line! I'm also wondering when they're going to move the new Luella preview stuff into plain view on the website for everyone to be able to purchase. My order finally shipped and I should receive everything by the weekend. Can't wait to try on the surfer style swim suit (zip shirt with shorts in blue)!

i saw the surfer swim shirt in blue and pink in the stores. they looked quite good. i didnt see the bottoms though instore.

the fact that luella was designing for target was leaked out in november. they had the luella target fashion show in november also. it was kept very hush hush until the elle magazine that featured the line came out.

i wonder if after march 11 they will have different things on sale. hope so!

I saw the Luella stuff recently and it's truly awful. A rehash of all the derivative drivel she's been doing since she started. The manufacture is skewed too. The embellishments make the product not only look cheap but lead it to another customer. It's real tweenie stuff. Fabrication is poor. Grayed off (real) suede jacket with cheap plastic zippers in a bad color match. $150 thanks very much! They should have gone for an imitation sude and spent the money on decent metal zippers.
I just can't see an older customer wearing most of it.
Some of the accessories are cute though. But Luella doesn't even design them does she? Isn't that Katie Hillier?

Last edited by a moderator:
one more thing, theres a clear picture of the red trapunto dress in the april copy of elle girl magazine (with amanda bynes on the cover). it has that same elastic back on it as the plaid dress.

Which Elle magazine did the feature? The one with Madonna on the cover? If we judge by that timetable, they should be doing something for the next designer this month (fingers crossed).

I returned all my extra stuff today. The lady at the return counter kept commenting on how cute the cherry skirts are. Someone will be happy since they are sold out of the cherry skirts and plaid/polka dot dresses in that store now...it was all replaced with new stock.

I like many of the pieces in Luella's Target collection. I may not wear things together like in the outfit examples, but can tone it down by mixing with simpler pieces. I would never be able to afford designer clothing in the normal Nieman Marcus/Bloomingdale's or high-end boutique market. I love this Target campaign!

tons of sale stuff at bricks and mortar target!
all leather jackets are 75$ (pink blue and biker)
polka dot dresses are 27.50
guitar pick necklaces and plastic bracelets (pink black and yellow) are 50% off
suspender pants are 27.50
the long khaki skirts are marked down.
bubble zipper skirts are 20
tank tops with buttons are 9 something
zipper shirts are 10.40 same as on website
black and white tie shirts are 20 bucks
all cherry accessories (except tote) are half off
and all bathing suits are down to 13.50 each

theres a lot of other stuff thats marked down but i forgot...

the leather jackets are a deal at 50% off!

sadly there were no tartan dresses marked down. bah. its times like these where i wish i could zip around in a car to other targets.

Too bad I bought most of that stuff at full price!:doh: My local stores seem to be sold out of most of that stuff, though, and I didn't want to chance not getting the things I wanted by waiting for a possible sale. That's what they wanted...buyer urgency. Haha!

LoveMyBoots: Are you asking when they'll stop selling this collection? Luella's run ends April 30th, then we're on to designer #2 for GO International: Tara Jarmon of Canada. HTH!:flower:

I'm glad they are following Luella up with someone totally different. I was afraid they were all going to be the same type of genre. So girly retro cutes in soft colors. Sounds good to me.

On E! News tonight, they showed Luella's heart and skulls tote and cherry print tote as affordable options during their piece on hot new bags for Spring.

YvesMatthieu said:
I saw the Luella stuff recently and it's truly awful. A rehash of all the derivative drivel she's been doing since she started. The manufacture is skewed too. The embellishments make the product not only look cheap but lead it to another customer. It's real tweenie stuff. Fabrication is poor. Grayed off (real) suede jacket with cheap plastic zippers in a bad color match. $150 thanks very much! They should have gone for an imitation sude and spent the money on decent metal zippers.
I just can't see an older customer wearing most of it.
Some of the accessories are cute though. But Luella doesn't even design them does she? Isn't that Katie Hillier?

Well the Luella stuff is in the Junior section, so it is not sized or gear toward the older customer.

What I saw looked decent for the price they were asking including the leather and suede biker jackets. I'm also glad they did not use the faux suede, because that stuff is horrible. I've rather see a small color change in the zipper than for them to have used that fake suede crap. If the zipper is a problem, let someone take out the existing one and get a alteration shop to sew in a better one, can't be more than $7 bucks at best.

My point is I have seen many mid-grade designers or their lower priced line with a few manufacturing/fabrication problems as well for alot more money than the Luella collection is going for in Target. I have seen poorly manufactured skirts from Michael by Michael Kors line and they wanted alot more than $19.99. So I think overall it is a fair deal for what you are paying. Remember its cheap chic.:woot:

Artemis: If you keep checking back in your local stores, they may eventually be carrying the totes you want. There are many Target stores here in the D/FW area, and some stores are slagging behind with their stock and some are carrying most of the new stuff already. It just depends on their sales. GL!

Jane Loves Marc: I have an earlier post in this thread with a blip about the next designer in GO: Tara Jarmon of Canada. HTH! (The news was from mventures.com).

bagsnthings said:
My point is I have seen many mid-grade designers or their lower priced line with a few manufacturing/fabrication problems as well for alot more money than the Luella collection is going for in Target. I have seen poorly manufactured skirts from Michael by Michael Kors line and they wanted alot more than $19.99. So I think overall it is a fair deal for what you are paying. Remember its cheap chic.:woot:
Great post! I completely agree.^_^

i think there must be more to come on the site though...I've just put an order through from the preview stuff, but I'm still hanging out for some other items...I know the peter pan collar shirt also comes in black so that must be going to hit the website before april, and my beloved large cherry tote (see my pic a few pages back) - SURELY thats part of the line?!
it was in teen vogue...luella is a big tease :D

clickmekate: yeah, i bet they'll have even more items by next month...that lg cherry tote is really cute! I hope they have that on preview soon. I agree...Luella is a tease!:lol:

I scooped up the cherry shirt and skirt immediately, and i really cant wait to see Tara's Target stuff. I have two Targets close to my house so I'll be readiy to jump on it when it comes out! :P

Got some new stuff in the mail today. That brown belted cuff bracelet is crap...a lot smaller and chinsier than I expected. I'm returning it tomorrow. I like the other Luella cuff bracelets with the cherries on them. The cherry graphic t is cute...I'll have to be careful washing it since it is distressed. The surfer style swimsuit is really cute, fits well. The cherry tote is my favorite! And the ebony bermuda shorts are wonderful...even better than I hoped. They look adorable together with the sequin tank, like in one of the ads. :smile:

usmarinewife, do you think the sequins will stay on well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->