Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

I think, what's the difference between spending $150 at Target vs somewhere else? If I like an item, it's the quality and design I'm looking for, and it's a reasonable price for the product, I'll buy it. I love Luella's collection for Target...not all pieces, but most. I think it's wonderful that Target's making pieces by high fashion designers more accessible at affordable prices. Considering what pieces by Luella normally go for, I think this is quite the bargain!:smile:

Now the skull clutch is back out of stock...sorry, you have to be quick. That happens all the time! Something like that is back in stock and sold out again within minutes.

Hey, I noticed that several items have gone on sale. For example, the suede jackets are down from $149.99 to $104.99 (leather biker jacket still full price, though). The canvas slings are $9 off, the puff tees are on sale, the net bags, bangles, etc. Now some of the stuff from the preview only pages are moved to where everyone can see them, like the skull ipod case and ruffle skirts. I guess they're trying to sell off the older stuff now to move the new things in.

usmarine, thanks but im going to keep looking around for a bit.
ive already sunk quite a bit of $ into this line!

some of the bikinis are on sale too! they are now cheaper than the mossimo and xhilarion ones!!! and thats great some of the leather jackets are one sale as well.

has anyone tried the trapunto dresses on? i think they have a zipper as well as that stretchy material.

darn it i missed the skull coin purse again!

I still haven't seen the trapunto stitch dress in person yet, so haven't been able to try one on. The star bikini is really cute - I have that one.
I know what you mean about having sunk a lot of $ into this line!:blink: :lol:
Totally worth it, though, imo.:D

So last week, over my reading week.... I went down to smalltown America (and Minneapolis) and hit about 10 different Targets. I ended up picking up quite a bit after being surprised by the quality of the stuff. Someone already stated this but the Motorcycle Jacket is the definite steal of the collection!!!!!

I am happy to answer questions about sizing or post pictures if you like. Here's a list of the things I picked up if you want to ask specific quesitons before ordering:

-black suspender pants
-green grommet tulip skirt
-B&W vertical stripe mini skirt
-red & white stripe blazer
-navy blazer with multi-coloured buttons and slight capped sleeve
-motorcycle jacket
-dark denim jeans with ruffle and heart stitch pocket
-white camisole with silver 'hardware'
-cherry clutch

A few quick notes:

I have tried on basically everything so feel free to ask questions. Much to my disappointment, I did not like the cherry skirts AT ALL. The pleats were wonky and I think would work best on someone with an athletic body type, ie no hips.

In the jackets an extra small fit me perfectly, yet in the blouses I had to wear a small.

The pholo shirts are cute but the fabric is extremely cheap. I would suggest buying a proper polo shirt for that stiff collar/razor sharp look that the Luella ads promote.

I regret not buying the strapless puff dress, the wraparound print mini skirt, the 'Victorian'/librarian looking cap sleeve blouse ('Peter Pan' on the website - although once again, the fabric was kinda cheap).

The 'graffiti' print stuff is surprisingly cute. I am usually on principle opposed to stuff like that. My only warning for those ordering off the website is... the graffiti says some pretty embarassing stuff on it like "You know it you love it you got it", "Electric", and maybe even "Rock star." Yeah, now I can't imagine walking around with that across my breasts but... it seemed to be in the caliber of rhinestone 'Princess' tshirts. But hey, that's my opinion. :smile: You'd definitely have to pair this look with a lot of irony!

Oh there were these board shorts that were maybe the most hideous things i have ever seen. They haven't hit the website yet but BEWARE!!!

I didn't like the board shorts either...too bright, looked cheap, look like they should be at WalMart instead.:P

hate the board shorts but the pink cord shorts look cute. however i dont think i am thin enough to pull them off. probably only a size 0 or a 2 could.

the polo shirts i saw had tons of thread sticking out in various places.

the quality of each item is different because the line is being made in many different countries and at god knows how many factories.

again, the quality of the blazers is really nice.

ladeeda, did you see the skull stuff during your target expedition?

I saw absolutely no skull stuff anywhere. Maybe it had sold out or had never even hit the stores in Minneapolis at that point..?

I saw the hearts and skulls shirt at one of my local Targets. They had a lot of this new stuff, too.

just came back from my local target.
they had ALL the skull items in. they had just gotten them in! i saw the clutch and thought about getting it. but i really have to use for a clutch - i'd lose it. i got the skull coin purse instead.

they had quite a bit of the new items that were on the stella preview page. none of the older stuff was marked down at all!
the retro sateen bowling jacket in cream and black has the stella horse iconography on the back. none of the other jackets have it.
i tried on the eyelet dress. it was flattering but i didnt get it.
i tried on the cotton voile dresses. tons of threads everywhere, but it was nice and flattering on those that have a few extra pounds on them.
the striped cotton shirts run LONG. saw the new cuff bracelets i really like them! the bracelets that look like mini belts are drumb. i saw the suede grometed belts for 19.99. it was OK. but nothing to get excited over.
i saw the pink cord shorts and the sea blue cord shorts. they also have a luella horse plastic iron on them. they were cute, but i dont like shorts.
i saw the cherry white shirt, i liked that a lot.
just a word of warning: i saw the grey "stella forever" t shirt in the store. the shirt is distressed! i noticed that inside the flowers it has an illustration of a surfer in it.

lucy - the horse back jacket sounds cute, whats the back design like exactly? i really love the luella horse design but i'm not sure if that jacket will be a) flattering and b) something i can fit into my wardrobe...its not very "me" but maybe its a welcome change!

it was black print on the back, maybe 3 horses surrounded by a wreath? unsure. i only looked at it for a couple seconds.
the jacket seems very young. but it might be OK as a spring jacket...
i like the horse iconography too. i wish she had a logo shirt with the horse on it. i would buy that.
when i was in target returning a few items i had bought the young girl was telling me that tons of people were returning the luella stuff.

"i still think the next designer will be prouenza schouler. even though they were denying it."

The next designer is named "tara". perhaps tara subkoff?? it says on the go international page you have to enter your password in to get. hmmmm...

I would think it's a designer that needs more appeal. Tara Subkoff already has her Imitation of Christ line that is doing extremely well... right?

it does seem odd, but what other designer is named tara?? when you enter your password on the go international page it has the "luella preview". right under that it says "tara preview" but the page is empty. weird!

yeah what other designer is named tara???

that would be awesome....

for those that cant find the skull clutches instore keep checking the main purse area. in a few targets that ive been to ive seen the luella accessories unceremonally dumped there...

jazzica, which password were you entering? "ukscene" or "golu3ll4"?
you got a link?

I bought the plaid puff ball dress for $40 for some lame school dance and I have to say I adored it along with everybody else XD!

attachment.php

from target. com & earlier in the thread.

Anyway that skull clutch is GORGEOUS. I'm going to see when I can go to my Target and get one. What about the heart and skull shirt? Did anybody try on the fit and how well did it fit? It's really cute but I'm afraid it might be over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->