The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a real problem with monki bras. They just don't fit right on me. When I get the cup size I need, they are HUGE around the ribcage. Which is such a shame, because they look so cute and comfortable.

I have a real problem with monki bras. They just don't fit right on me. When I get the cup size I need, they are HUGE around the ribcage. Which is such a shame, because they look so cute and comfortable.

I dont really wear them as a real bra. And I think my frame is a bit wider than yours haha. I wear them more as a fashion thing under a chic cami. Just to show a little bit of lace.

Thank you for your advice you guys. It has been very helpfull. I have realised though, that my feelings towards my wardrobe has much more to do with my general state of mind, the time I allow to get new things integrated in my wardrobe before buying more stuff and the time I invest trying on new combinations, than with the actual contents of my closet.

I spent some time today trying on new combinations and I feel so inspired now - and really happy about my wardrobe! I even found a way to stule my pink Malene Birger dress, that will actually make me wear it! Turns out it looks super chic with a belt around the waist.

It is funny about the coat thing. Before I wrote my post, I was sure a minimalist black coat would be the perfect fit for me, but then I went to the store and tried on the floral quilt again, and I just feel so great in it. I ended up taking it home to try on with my wardrobe, and it just goes with everything, and I feel like the best version of myself wearing it. All clothes should make you feel like that, I think. It is that kind of item that will make your entire wardrobe feel fresh, and it has sort of a sixties vibe to it, yet is still very contemporary I think.

I can wear it with cropped jeans, a top and ballet flats, all my summer dresses, over my party dresses like a dress coat and as a layering piece for winter like a kimono. I have bought a lot of great pieces this year, but I can not remember the last time I was SO excited about a piece of clothing.

imagehandler.ashx

Pic via noanoca.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Your happiness is inspiring Betinapple, happy for you. :flower:

I love that lace bra Trenchcoat, nice detail indeed, chic.

Some questions/ideas...
What do you consider the best brand/designer for jackets like this one below?

net-a-porter

And what are your comments on this leather jacket below?
There are different linings: thin, shearling or fur, what do you like?

etsy/shop/JODClothing

^Ooooh, the fur one is beautiful:heart: The first one is probably more versatile. Fur in warm weather looks a bit odd, but leather can go all year around. But the fur one is truly yuuuum...

For a jacket, suggest looking at Michael Kors--the fit IME is incredible. Only jacket I've ever had that was as comfortable as PJs.

I definitely prefer the first leather jacket with the thin lining.
I wish I could find a leather jacket but I am so picky when it comes to them! I think instead of actively searching for one I will just let the right jacket "find me" in a sense. Maybe I will have one in the next fifty years or so...

I really like the shearling lined jacket.

At the moment I'm quite content with my wardrobe. Nothing big seems to be missing. So the next few months will be about finding some nice extra's.

Betina, so great you are that satisfied with your coat! It looks really timeless and I bet you can wear it all year round at your climate.

Nymphaea, I can't get you any suggestion regarding jackets because I have just one, a Pennyblack leather one. And a couple of blazers, but those are probably not an interest of yours.
I prefer the first leather jacket with a thin lining, because I don't like fur and find shearling a bit outdated and it really can get a worn look very quickly. Speaking from my own experience. Looks very Rick Owens, btw.

Eizhowa, interesting that you are saying 'just' 32D, I find that pretty big. :D I am one cup smaller than you and don't consider it small by any means. Opposite, I often have troubles finding tops that fit both waist and bust area.

Regarding my wardrobe there are some updates in the accessory area, my boyfriend treated me to a new set of jewellery (a woman can never have too many :wink: And it's silver this time! A found my love for silver just recently) as an anniversary gift and a special model of Ray-Ban Wayfarers that really fit my face features. They make such a nice additon to my small sunglasses collection.

I also found a beautiful white dress a while ago (I have been searching for so many springs) and it's discounted now, so I decided to get it. It just ticks all the boxes so it feels right to get it.

I've added a pic of the dress in coral too, because the detailing is more visible. I really like the texture and adore this kind of scuba material. I already have a COS skirt made of it, but this dress is made mostly of natural materials. I can't stand polyester in the summer.:doh:

luxuryvintagesunglasses, lencia, asos

Attachments

• 5970_ray_ban_wayfarer_limited_deluxe_for_sale.jpg
    5970_ray_ban_wayfarer_limited_deluxe_for_sale.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 52010385CC.png
    52010385CC.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 52030310CC.png
    52030310CC.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image1xxl.jpg
    image1xxl.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image3xxl.jpg
    image3xxl.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1
^ Ooh, very nice! Love the dress, and the Wayfarers are very special. I can never get enough tortoiseshell.

Ray Bans are also on my wishlist. And a leather jacket. Real investment pieces.

I love the tortoise Ray Bans too! I noticed the first sunny day on campus that pretty much every girl in my class had a pair of black Ray Ban Wayfarers:lol: So I am sticking with tortoise My Oliver Peoples sunnies for the moment:wink:

I love the tortoise Ray Bans too! I noticed the first sunny day on campus that pretty much every girl in my class had a pair of black Ray Ban Wayfarers:lol: So I am sticking with tortoise My Oliver Peoples sunnies for the moment:wink:

I'm also guilty of owning a pair of black wayfarers. But I have got a pair of tortoise clubmasters and a pair of gunmetal aviators to switch things up. When it's sunny I pretty much need to wear sunglasses all the time because otherwise I'll end up with a massive headache (my eyes are pretty sensitive to light) so I really like to have some options.

@Nymphaea: I've heard that Helmut Lang makes great blazers, but I have no first hand experience, and they are probably quite expensive.

I would go for a leather jacket that is not lined - it is much more versatile that way. I wear my leather jacket all year round. As a jacket during spring/summer/fall - paired with a scarf when it gets colder, and under my coat for winter/as a cardigan inside.

@Jina:
I really think the jacket will turn out to be one of my best investments for a long time! I feel so good when wearing it.

I love that scuba dress - and nice boyfriend you have :wink: I really like the sunglasses as well - I tried on my brother in laws black Wayfarers, and they are so cool!

@Fewormany:
I have the same problem, so I look like a fool trying to be cool wearing sunnies even when there is only a few rays of sun. My boyfriend hates it because he want to be able to see my eyes when having a conversation with me - but I will just get such a headache. I have been contemplating getting a second pair as well, since I love my Pradas (the baroque models) but I am not sure what would go with my wardrobe. I have been contemplating a cateye model from Tom Ford and a pair of Black Wayfarers.

I only have two things left on my wishlist for this spring/summer:

- A light blue shirt (recently I have found that a shirt like that will be perfect for my wardrobe, and will be taking it in a more classic direction, like I am trying)
- A pair of black jeans. (ACNE pin)

I was contemplating getting a black pencilskirt but I am not sure that I feel 100% comfortable in such a skirt, and I think that my black full skirt from Malene Birger that I bought last month, and the black jeans, will be plenty. I can invest in a pencil skirt later on, if I find that I need it.

Also I am thinking of buying the white peplum tee in black as well since I have found it to be such a great staple. I do not feel good wearing normal tees, but this one is just feminine enough and is a great layering piece, and I have already found myself annoyed that I did not have a black one, for the outfits where white does not work.

On my nice to have list I have a grey or navy maxi dress, but I think I will wait with that for next summer, since I am not sure that I need/want it that badly and what colour would be best for my wardrobe, so it will give me time to think. I also have a black l/s blouse with some sort of back detail, but I think it will bump that to my fall wishlist.

I think I decided to cancel my order on the stripe H&M skirt. It is cute, but I do not think it would be such a great piece after all, and I only want perfect pieces. I am reconsidering getting the patterned Noa Noa dress too. I feel very good in it, but I am not sure it will be the best place to put my money, since I get bored with patterned dresses so quickly.

I will try to be better to stick to my shopping budget going forward, and also try to go back to buying only one piece most months. For May I am thinking of getting the light blue shirt (and perhaps that black peplum tee since I do not want it to sell out) and then I might get the jeans for June. In July I am going to Berlin, and then I can look for things on my AW wishlist, or a little extra, like Fewormany mentioned.

Sorry for the super long post :lol:

Betina, the coat is gorgeous and extremely versatile and flattering. Congrats! I had once tried on a Lanvin coat in the same silhouette and loved it.

I'd been way too busy to post here; I think it's about time for S/S. My main winter additions were a slouchy dressy black angora sweater and my Docs, which filled in gaps and worked perfectly. I've compiled a few items for spring/summer. There's more than 5 since I know how picky and slow I am and will end up not finding half of the items! ^_^

In order of importance:
-pretty tops. puff-shouldered top with open neckline OR a cardi and sleeveless blouse OR lacy blouse OR all of the above
-sleeved knee-length dress (still looking since at least last year...aaargh)
-black Wolford fishnets (I got a pair recently but they weren't what I had in mind so I have to go back)
-comfy wedge sandals (red, pref)
-dressy black mid-heel pumps
-sunglasses--big, roundish
-spring coat (optional)
-lingerie (optional)
-flowery skirt (fave just died)

Betina, the coat is gorgeous and extremely versatile and flattering. Congrats! I had once tried on a Lanvin coat in the same silhouette and loved it.

I'd been way too busy to post here; I think it's about time for S/S. My main winter additions were a slouchy dressy black angora sweater and my Docs, which filled in gaps and worked perfectly. I've compiled a few items for spring/summer. There's more than 5 since I know how picky and slow I am and will end up not finding half of the items! ^_^

In order of importance:
-pretty tops. puff-shouldered top with open neckline OR a cardi and sleeveless blouse OR lacy blouse OR all of the above
-sleeved knee-length dress (still looking since at least last year...aaargh)
-black Wolford fishnets (I got a pair recently but they weren't what I had in mind so I have to go back)
-comfy wedge sandals (red, pref)
-dressy black mid-heel pumps
-sunglasses--big, roundish
-spring coat (optional)
-lingerie (optional)
-flowery skirt (fave just died)

Nothing wrong with being picky! I consider myself being so to, but still tends to buy a lot.

Thank you for the nice words about my coat :flower: I've already worn it a bunch of times.

Not sure if it is your style, but I love my Prada Baroque sunglasses - they are big and round!

_________

I really seem to have kicked that wardrobe crisis, since I am SO happy with my clothes ATM. Everything seems to go together nicely so I can pull out almost anything and it will go together. I even brought my green Marc Jacobs Stam bag with me today instead of my usual black, brown or grey bags! Wore it with the new coat, the white peplum tee I bought this month as well, grey jeans, black ballet flats and my white Prada Sunnies. I do NOT think the bag would have looked as great with a minimalistic black coat.

^ Sounds fantastic!

Surely is!

I went ahead and ordered the light blue shirt I was looking at. The site that had it in stock had free shipping for a short time and it ended sunday evening, so I decided that it was stupid to waste money on shipping just because I wanted to wait for May before getting it.

I recieved it today, and it seems really great in a soft, sheer silk/cotten blend. I just need to try it on with my wardrobe before im 100% sure its a keeper, but I would be surprised if it is not.

C39019024Z_21E_main_large.png

pic via InWear.com

^I really like the softly rounded collar! Thats a really nice detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->