The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Melisande: ah, I see. Like Eizhowa, I would love to see how you dress. Sounds interesting :D

Eizhowa : I will keep my fingers crossed! When will you recieve the pants?

Perhaps you are right, but I really love the Clubmaster as glasses - anyway, if I get them as sunnies I can always have regular glass put in - and get my optician to change them back to shade if I regret it. Not buying them this year anyway though, I think. Unless they are cheaper in Berlin than in Denmark. Does anyone know anything about that?

Jina : looking forward to hearing about that haircut. I aggree with you, it really trends to freshen things up.

Speaking of people missing: has anyone heard from Red and Navy?

--------------

I have decided to get that white peplum tee I got in black as well. I discovered that it is also available in black/white stripe. Not sure if I should get that as well. I have plenty of stripes in my wardrobe, but this is the only tee that I ever liked.

Yes, just recently when I pinned something for her.

Thank you for finding me the name of the brand of the cognac bag.

Eizhowa. I cant find the collage of your burgundy items anymore on polyvore. Do you still have it??

^Most of the collages I share in tfs are copy-pasted from my polyvore drafts. Thats probably why you can't find them on polyvore:wink:

Is it maybe this one?
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58/4-5-piece-french-wardrobe-6-a-243927-5.html

I only own the Porsellis and the sweater. I also have a burgundy vintage mens silk scarf to accessorise with:smile:

I also have a winter capsule on polyvore with some burgundy pieces. Maybe thats the one you were looking for?

Did you ever get the blue HM silk camisole or the Monki polka-dot blouse? I checked my local stores, and they didn't carry them:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, where is Barbaraaa recently? I've been missing her, hopefully she is fine.

I'm here ^_^ I have been reading and keeping up with the thread, just my personal life has been kind of hectic (nothing serious or negative - just been busy and a couple of unexpected turns!) so I haven't really had the time to comment, besides I haven't been shopping a lot... although lately with the temperature rising I have been feeling the need for short sleeved blouses. I definitely stocked up on long sleeved ones during the winter, and now I have to work on my nicer weather attire. I bought a plaid short sleeved shirt recently which I can both dress up and down, but I have yet to try it on. Here's a pic:

0572a0baca343b30602a37b2d82b3cf9.jpg

ASOS

I also need new sneakers, and have needed them for a while. I know what I want, and I will be buying Vans Era, it's just that I haven't found the time to go buy a pair lately...

P.S. - I know this is very several pages ago, but I too have tortoiseshell ray ban wayfarers - they're my prescription eyeglasses :wink:

^Most of the collages I share in tfs are copy-pasted from my polyvore drafts. Thats probably why you can't find them on polyvore:wink:

Is it maybe this one?
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58/4-5-piece-french-wardrobe-6-a-243927-5.html

I only own the Porsellis and the sweater. I also have a burgundy vintage mens silk scarf to accessorise with:smile:

I also have a winter capsule on polyvore with some burgundy pieces. Maybe thats the one you were looking for?

Did you ever get the blue HM silk camisole or the Monki polka-dot blouse? I checked my local stores, and they didn't carry them:(

Yes I meant that one. No I haven't bought the silk navy cami from HM nor the Monki polkadot blouse. I want to try to avoid these brands because HM en Monki disappointed me a lot in the past.
The only thing that I've bought is this olive green shirt from Massimo Dutti

massimodutti.com

cos.com/cos.com/cos.com/apc.fr/lagarconne.com/net-a-porter.com/net-a-porter.com

I really haven't bought many things since I've started to think more about my wardrobe (last summer). The best items were: breton jumper, leather ballerinas, and standard tees. So I haven't bought many things but I've saved a lot of money. Now I want to shop again :woot:. Three jumpers from COS are on my wishlist. And some blouses. Do you have recommendations for me? Good quality things that are french and investments?

Because I love to make wishlists with classic items:
- Jumpers: burgundy, olive green, navy
- Charcoal cardigan
- Camel turtle neck sweater
- White silk shirt
- Blush blouse
- Ballerina: black and cognac
- Blue wash jeans
- Black leather jacket
- Grey blazer
- Saint James breton
- Black suit pants
- Blazer: navy and black
- Chambray shirt
- Black skirt
- Black purse
- Greenish bohemian scarf
- Charcoal jeans
- Silk cami top

What is the material composition of your COS sweaters? I would start of with one, and then get more if it is a hit. After a few wears, you might find a detail that could be improved for your next purchase:flower:

What is the material composition of your COS sweaters? I would start of with one, and then get more if it is a hit. After a few wears, you might find a detail that could be improved for your next purchase:flower:

Its the same as yours. I want the navy one first and then the burgundy one. But i am so happy that I have finally found the olive green shirt that I was looking for

^Thats great!

Aha. My COS sweater (size XS) is quite short. I have to wear mid rise trousers/jeans with it. It might be longer in larger sizes though. I worry it might be to short for you:S Again, I would recommend uniqlo, but until they decide to ship internationally it is not much use...:(

^Thats great!

Aha. My COS sweater (size XS) is quite short. I have to wear mid rise trousers/jeans with it. It might be longer in larger sizes though. I worry it might be to short for you:S Again, I would recommend uniqlo, but until they decide to ship internationally it is not much use...:(

I wear M for tops. And I'm planning to buy the Cheap Monday mid rise jeans. I hope that will work.

@Ta-ta: yes, that is true! What about Eva? Long time since I have seen her pin something as well.

@Barbaraa:
so good to "see" you :D Hope everything has quited down in regards of those unexpected turns. I really love that shirt you bought.

Rust/Cognac sweater

I had a cognac/rust camisole on my wishlist for SS. However, I could never find one that I liked, and I have concluded that trying to find a bra to go with it is simply to much hassle. I found a linen sweater by J crew that I think can fulfuil my desire for a top to match my hair. I am so annoyed I didn't notice the top when they were offering free shippings and returns, but anyway...:/ Currently it costs about 650 NOK/65 GBP:doh: I think I will wait until next month (meaning at least 8-9 hours:innocent:) to get it, and email them for some actual garment-measurements. The fit is "relaxed" and I think regular J crew is oversized. "Relaxed" could mean a I will recieve a rust colored tent for all I know.

2cyh2bk.png

I think this picture shows the true color better:

wt7rzp.png

jcrew.com

I think it will look great with my cognac tote, my hair and my orange Porsellis:heart: I am really exited about this top:buzz:

About my Porsellis... I paid 400NOK to have protective soles put on, but I have worn throught the white leather insole:innocent: You can barely make out where it says "Porselli" anymore.

Betina: I went by Noa Noa and looked at "your" coat, and it is indeed lovely! Unfortunately they only had larger sizes left, but I am sure the right size would look very chic on.

@Barbaraa: so good to "see" you :D Hope everything has quited down in regards of those unexpected turns. I really love that shirt you bought.

I think modern language really needs to devellop faster and make new words for "seeing" people again online...

I just recieved my J crew Eaton trousers. The size 2 fits perfect around the hips and legs, but the rise is way to short. I can barely close the button, because it ends right on my hips:( The size 4 is too big all over. They look utterly shapeless. It is also too high in the rise.

I am going to see if it is possible to maybe let the size two out in the waist or if I can move the buttons slightly, but I am not sure I'll bother, because I have free returns.

I just recieved my J crew Eaton trousers. The size 2 fits perfect around the hips and legs, but the rise is way to short. I can barely close the button, because it ends right on my hips:( The size 4 is too big all over. They look utterly shapeless. It is also too high in the rise.

I am going to see if it is possible to maybe let the size two out in the waist or if I can move the buttons slightly, but I am not sure I'll bother, because I have free returns.

Eizhowa, the rusty sweater is gorgeous!! Too bad that the trousers didn't fit. I would love to see your porselli's on a real picture. I really want to but the tan one. And I've heard of the brand French Sole. They sell good ballerinas too.

The toe-box of the London Soles are too small for me. I would blister. They do have some cute shoes though, if you don't tend to blister around the toes. I think they are more structured than the Porsellis too.

Are you considering the tobacco suede ones? I noticed French Sole sold a pair in rusty brown as well.

I found a few pictures of the shoes, and I took one right now so you cam see the wear on the insole. It is not damage, mind you, just wear.

Last summer:
35lxd2o.jpg

This Fall:
2u89nqu.jpg

Right now:
6g8u1u.jpg

My own(baby) pictures

instagram.com/mrpaddington

Such an inspirational picture. Now I want the burgundy Porselli's and the burgundy COS jumper.

^Very nice indeed, that color is beautiful. It also makes you want to buy everything, so keep a clear mind! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miriane
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->