The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that blouse too, and the material sounds like heaven (it looks like it too :D). A light blue shirt is such a classic and versatile piece and one can't get bored of it.
I recently realised, when wearing mine, that light cool shades like baby/washed blue and mint really complement my face and my colouring in general. Definitely not something I could say for pink or peach tones. Especially not now, when my hair became a little lighter.
Speaking of that, I can't wait to get a haircut next week, everything I put on feels fresher after. Also I'm a bit sick of my looong hair, I am planning to cut off about 20 cm.

PS.: Try the shirt with red lips too. :winkiss:

Eizhowa, interesting that you are saying 'just' 32D, I find that pretty big. :D I am one cup smaller than you and don't consider it small by any means. Opposite, I often have troubles finding tops that fit both waist and bust area.

I totally forgot to comment on this. I consider a 32D to be a "just" because I can "just" get away with bralets and other unwired bras:wink: And if you don't wear padded and push-up bras, a 32D looks quite modest under clothes I feel. But I have difficulties finding shirts that fit across the bust as well. I usually need a Euro 34 to make the sleeves and shoulders fit right, but my bust looks best in a 36/38... I had to re-sell (at a profit at least) the most delicious Joseph silk shirt, because it gaped at the bust:( I usually prefer more voluminous blouses though, so making it fit at the waist is not usually a big deal for me.

The collar is really cute! I like the idea of red lips--doing that myself today :wink:

@Jindaze: I second the red lips. I love red lips and nails with light colours. Ditto on the loooong hair for me too, fresh rebonding and cutting off a bit on Tuesday. Should feel good!

@Betina: LOVE your Prada sunnies!!! In fact I was considering them too! They suit your style really well, since the rest of your wardrobe is charming and more classic. However I always ask myself whether I should continue to plunge pell-mell down what has been called my Morticia/fofolle/baroque route, which the glasses would all but baptise. If left unchecked it keeps getting out of hand and I seem to scare people (and myself :ninja:) enough already as it is. Although I've totally re-embraced the blackness of my wardrobe so I don't feel compelled to make many additions any more, balance and options should be considered, lol.

By the way, yesterday I just saw a girl walk down Rue de Rivoli with your double-sided tartan scarf and thought of you. She looked fantastic. :heart:

Why not continue to plunge? I find the glasses very lighthearted ... anti-Morticia in the ivory anyway :wink:

It's good for people to feel a little frightened I think. The French are a bit too conservative perhaps ...

Why not continue to plunge? I find the glasses very lighthearted ... anti-Morticia in the ivory anyway :wink:

It's good for people to feel a little frightened I think. The French are a bit too conservative perhaps ...

Yeah they didn't look lighthearted on me, LOL! :lol:
Which I rather liked, but...

Yes, the French are SUPER conservative style-wise. A grey animal print scarf or studded shoes is the extent of their daring!! No worries, I feel free in London and SF :mrgreen:

Actually, you know, you're right, it's worth trying the Prada sunnies on again. I was debating the Ray Ban Jackie Ohh IIs, but they are too stuffy. I liked a more hippie looking pair by Marc by Marc that I saw last year but didn't get them.

J crew was offering free shipping and free returns, so I ordered some trousers that I have been eyeing for a couple of months. I ordered both a size 2 and 4, because J crew sizes are all over the place:rolleyes: They were half of, so I am hoping they fit. If they do, I will actually have managed to not spend more than I intended on this item for once:P

Eaton boy trouser in Italian stretch wool
mhbo6g.jpg

J Crew

^I hope with you they fit!

Love your Prada sunnies Betinapple, nice piece of accessoiry. Your blouse has a manly color but with a feminine touch. :D

Thanks guys for your advices. Concerning the leather jacket I favor the thin lining, but the fur is also appealing. I will let it sink in. Maybe seeing them in real life is a possibility. I will see.
Still looking for a nice basic jacket, but I'm in no hurry. It will find me.
Today I got the Gucci ballet flats black patent I ordered, but the joint of my big toe left is a bit bigger than the other side I noticed, because the left shoe is a bit too narrow at that point. So I have to return them. :( They would have been a nice replacement for my Geox flats because they are getting old, the patent leather has begun to crack.

dansedelune.tumblr.com

Does anyone know the brand of this bag? I cant read the logo.

@Jina: will do! I think it will look good with black jeans, red ballet flats and a black bag with golden hardware as well. - and you are right. It is sooo comfy! I also noticed that the light blue colour is really good for my own colours - makes me look very tanned.

What hairdo are you getting?

@Ta-ta: thank you! Really love it as well.

@Melisande: Thnak you for that comparism - you are so sweet :flower: I really love that scarf but it is way too hot to wear it now.

I definetly think you should try the Prada Sunnies again! I find them more quirky than goth, even in the black version, so maybe they will pull in a different direction ? I find they really spice up my outfits when I am wearing something really classic. Anyway, I do not think one should be bothered with what other people think. I dress for me, not the rest of the world (not conciously anyway).

@Eizhowa: nice trousers! So classic and chic - are they cropped? Hope they will work out.

@Nymphaea: thx! :flower: a manly colour :lol: - funny, my boyfriend has a light blue shirt he wears a lot and I told him that now we could match :wink:

I know this might sound like a horrible suggestion but have you tried ECCOs ballet flats? They actually look very good this year, and they should be some of the best for comfort.

-----------------------

Speaking of sunnies, I went to by an eyewear store yesterday because my boyfriend wanted to try on a pair of RayBan aviators, and I tried on the Clubmaster model. (tortoise) I have consider getting them as regular glasses for two years now, but this is the first time I've tried them on. I really liked the way they looked on my face, but the ones in store was sunglasses, not regular glasses, and I actually really liked them as sunglasses as well, so now I am not sure if I should go for them as glasses or sunnies. I have been wanting an extra pair of glasses for ages, but the same goes for sunnies. Maybe I could get them as sunnies and if I want to get the glass replaced at some point? Not sure it will be for this summer though.

Hey Betina! Yeah, I agree with you. I was just talking to Ta-ta about this. My dilemma is not so much about what other people think (I'd be the last one, fortunately or unfortunately) but a whole entire softer side of myself being miscommunicated and underrepresented by my increasingly eccentric wardrobe--basically, me scaring myself :lol:. I agree, the sunnies are not goth--my style is not at all goth either, but it's growing a little too far down the quirky path, even for me. That said, I do like the sunnies, and hadn't thought of them in white. I'll give them another try, quirky or not. :flower:

Nymphaea: Good luck with your patent leather flats!
I used to have a pair of patent leather ballerinas from Coach with rubber soles, they were the most comfy and useful things ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betina: Thank you! It said that the inseam was 26" so they should be cropped, even on me!

Melisande: I would so love to see an example of how you dress! I like a little scare now and again^_^:P

Betina: I think Clubmasters in brown are so stylish. Mine get tangled in my curly hair too much, but I don't see that being an issue for you the way it is for me. Other than that they are all good:smile: I prefer them as sunnies though. I think the glasses will be less classic.

Trenchcoat: I really love the bag as well. If you are looking for a more inexpensive alternative, there are Etsy shops that sell unlined tan bags similar to this one. It looks like the perfect school bag (and it is very similar to my own so I am probably a little biased:P)

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally forgot to comment on this. I consider a 32D to be a "just" because I can "just" get away with bralets and other unwired bras:wink: And if you don't wear padded and push-up bras, a 32D looks quite modest under clothes I feel. But I have difficulties finding shirts that fit across the bust as well. I usually need a Euro 34 to make the sleeves and shoulders fit right, but my bust looks best in a 36/38... I had to re-sell (at a profit at least) the most delicious Joseph silk shirt, because it gaped at the bust:( I usually prefer more voluminous blouses though, so making it fit at the waist is not usually a big deal for me.

Oh, I see, and completely understand what you meant. Unwired bras are my favourite, they look really good under the clothes and are very comfortable. I can't stand anything padded. :shock:

@Jina: will do! I think it will look good with black jeans, red ballet flats and a black bag with golden hardware as well. - and you are right. It is sooo comfy! I also noticed that the light blue colour is really good for my own colours - makes me look very tanned.

What hairdo are you getting?

@Eizhowa: nice trousers! So classic and chic - are they cropped? Hope they will work out.

@Nymphaea: thx! :flower: a manly colour :lol: - funny, my boyfriend has a light blue shirt he wears a lot and I told him that now we could match :wink:

I noticed that myself too, since I am very pale otherwise, especially so in the winter.
That's funny about you two, I have recently bought my boyfriend a light blue shirt too and this exact comparison came to my mind. :lol:

About the haircut it's going to be very simple, since I am always having a long one. This time I will just say to a hairdresser to cut it in layers, since I have been having a straight cut for almost a year. Along with shortening it would be a noticeable and fresh change I think.

I agree with you about the Eizhowa's trousers, the pair I got last Nov. is very similar to this and I am wearing them a lot ever since. The content of wool is also quite high, but they are not itchy at all, or too hot for warmer weather, they should be great even in summer.

Btw, where is Barbaraaa recently? I've been missing her, hopefully she is fine.

^ Good question! Don't think she's been doing anything on Pinterest lately either.

@Melisande: ah, I see. Like Eizhowa, I would love to see how you dress. Sounds interesting :D

Eizhowa : I will keep my fingers crossed! When will you recieve the pants?

Perhaps you are right, but I really love the Clubmaster as glasses - anyway, if I get them as sunnies I can always have regular glass put in - and get my optician to change them back to shade if I regret it. Not buying them this year anyway though, I think. Unless they are cheaper in Berlin than in Denmark. Does anyone know anything about that?

Jina : looking forward to hearing about that haircut. I aggree with you, it really trends to freshen things up.

Speaking of people missing: has anyone heard from Red and Navy?

--------------

I have decided to get that white peplum tee I got in black as well. I discovered that it is also available in black/white stripe. Not sure if I should get that as well. I have plenty of stripes in my wardrobe, but this is the only tee that I ever liked.

Thanks ladies! I don't think it's weird by Tokyo or London standards, mind you. Just in Paris. Yeah, I'm waaaaay overdue on my promise to show you my Bernhardt Wilhelm dress anyway, so I should get around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->