The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagarconne.com/apc.fr/lagarconne.com/coggles.com/coggles.com/BECKLEYBOUTIQUE.COM/apc.fr/cosstores.com

I've already made a wishlist for autumn haha. I think this is such a pretty colour palette for autumn. If anyone knows where to buy porselli's in Holland or Belgium please let me know. Eizhowa where did you buy them?

www.pierotucci.com is located in Europe, and I think they would ship to you:smile:

I bought my tan ones off Ebay, and my Damson ones in the APC store in London.

I finally received the white dress today and it has to go back, since I have troubles zipping it up at the bust area, let alone moving in it, it is definitely too small. :blink: I find that really strange, because I usually have a room left in this size so I was even contemplating about getting a size UK4, since they recently decided to make it, but now I need an 8. It is quite of a hassle for me, because of the shipping cost and the dress is not even discounted anymore, so I would probably need to order it again for a full price. Ugh..

^Can't you just exchange it?

I was able to convince J crew to give me a free return, because a pair of trousers I ordered were way bigger than they should have been. According to their size chart I was one size, but the actual trousers fell of me. If your dress deviates from the size chart, then I don't see why they wouldn't...

And hey, I have seen mislabeling of sizes before:rolleyes: A size EU34 friend of mine bought a EU42 coat on sale, that fit her perfectly.

Conclusion: Why size things at all?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for a summer coat for a while and I've tried on the coat below. Love the shape but the size was too small and there wasn't a bigger size, but there was a hole in the lining of one pocket and you saw all kinds of dust particles on the fabric, so I knew I would be irritated by this every time I wear the coat and therefore I wasn't very unhappy letting this coat go.

nap.jpg

net-a-porter

^Can't you just exchange it?

No, their customer service got really crappy ever since they introduced a free shipping (and therefore having more customers, I presume) and they cancelled that option, they are only offering returns now. :rolleyes:

Agree with you regarding sizes, but I am even more negatively surprised now, since almost everything is usually too big for me. And looking in stores for every item I want to have in my wardrobe is not an option, too time consuming and we don't even have a wide selection of stores here, I am buying almost everything online.

Nymphaea: Shame about the coat, because it looks like a stunner in the picture. Net-a-porter really shouldn't sell clothes with holes and "internal-dust" in my opinion:innocent:

^ Next you'll be wanting the clothes not to wrinkle like crazy & last for several seasons :mrgreen:

I was preparing to send back my two j crew trousers when I realized they had not sent me a 2 and a 4, but a 00 and a 4. No wonder the "2" was a bit snug:rolleyes:. Oh well.

^It is nuts I know! So high-maintenance:D

We are so demanding in this thread!! :P When you're actually going to wear your clothes vs hang them in your closet and look at them and sigh, they really have to perform :wink:

Mark, I pinned a sweater for you ... don't know if you'll like it or not, but one of the more interesting menswear pieces I've seen recently--and it's grey!!

^
I saw it, thank you for thinking of me. :flower:
I really like the color and pattern (I have scarf with the same kind of plaid). I'll keep it in mind if I need a cardigan this fall. :smile:

^ Maybe the scarf is why I thought of you without realizing it :wink: I really do like that oversize grey-on-grey plaid.

Just to inform you that I have sorted it out with the dress in the best way possible, they were so kind to offer me to refund the percentage it was discounted for along with the refund for the dress itself when they'll get it back, so I just placed a new order.
I was planning to wear it this weekend though but what can I do, at least I will get my dreamed dress and for the price I paid for before and I know it will fit like a glove. :smile:

^Yay! Happy endings are the best!:D

I am hoping I can work something similar out with J crew concerning my trousers.

I am contemplating buying a sweatshirt. I found a really nice one in light grey with good detailing. It is so cute and a thing that could stay in my wardrobe for years. BUT then I saw this floral print one (pinned to my wardrobe inspiration board on pinterest), and it is in no way a "classic" and not as "safe" as the other one, but it is gorgeous and I could really see it going with almost everything in my wardrobe.

I tend to go for the safe choice, which I think is wise, but I want to try being a bit more bold. I am just worried that being bold would mean that I will get a piece that I will not keep for as long as I would with a safe item.

I really like the plain grey ones, but if you think the patterned one will be just as versatile for you, then it is a tie, I think:S

^It would be just as versatile since I have only plain bottoms (black, grey). The grey ones is half price of what the floral one costs though, and then there is the concern, that I will get tired of the floral one fast(er). I just would really like something a little more exciting.

Well, I think the grey one will be more usefull in the long run, but a sweatshirt in this exact pattern will only cross your path once, while they grey one will always be around. It all depends on how much you love the sweater:wink:

Well, I think the grey one will be more usefull in the long run, but a sweatshirt in this exact pattern will only cross your path once, while they grey one will always be around. It all depends on how much you love the sweater:wink:

Well I simply don't know. I can even tell you what I want for dinner.. Seems like I can not decide on anything these days :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->