The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betina: Can't you dress the Pink drop waisted dress down? Could you wear it with flats and maybe with your hair down? But, I am sure you can make the leather skirt work as well:wink:

@ta-ta: I hope so :wink:

I must admit I am not excactly sure what dress you are talking about. This one? I was considering, but I am not sure it still fits actually, and I think I might feel to overdressed.

@Eizhowa: that was my original plan, but that would be way too much, and I am too short to wear it with flats :wink: I actually put it up for sale since I can't seem to come to terms with it.

- and thank you :wink:

5b11b8478c9c565b67282b394ec1b6e9.jpg

pic via ebay

^ Yes, that's the one I mean ... maybe a little pastel cardigan or shrug over?

A pastel cardigan with the black dress is a lovely idea.
And I think your leather skirt would work with an extra sweet top/accessories...pastel knit, or frills, or pearls, you get the picture.
I wore the pale green Bernhard Wilhelm dress you saw to my godson's christening, it was just right.
I saw some people in lovely cotton maxi-dresses too.

ETA: dusty pink....my favorite colour ever:heart::heart:. The fabric for my blouse is sheer dusty pink :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably not going to go with the dress - it would be too much, I think.

I tried on some outfits, and I think that that stripe full skirt worn with a black silk slip (tucked in the skirt so it looks like a camisole), my light grey bouclé jacket, black pumps and a black clutch, would be a good choice. Especially with my hair in a bun and some pink lipstick.

^It's a U.K.-based company and has the same team as Net-A-Porter, so I would say they ship from the UK, but I'm not totally sure, haven't ordered from them yet.

^It's a U.K.-based company and has the same team as Net-A-Porter, so I would say they ship from the UK, but I'm not totally sure, haven't ordered from them yet.

Thank you :flower: they have a gorgeous dark green A. Wang Donna bag. Very tempting.

What do you wear on casual days. I wear my washed jeans with silk shirts and ballerina's. And on colder days with COS sweaters.

I'm still searching for a (french) polkadot blouse. I know Monki has one, but I want one that is more navy. I probably will buy the Monki one eventually if I cant find another.

I thought the Monki one was white-navy?

I like wearing blouses with jeans too, but I think it looks best with jeans that have a lower rise than my own have right now. Right now my blouses are in storage.

I am actually keeping track of what I am wearing every day this month:smile: I have only worn 25 different pieces:innocent: What I have worn the most this far is ballet flats, black cropped jeans, grey sweaters, a white blazer and my balenciaga bag. I also always carry my grey wool/silk scarf. If I wasn't in the middle of my exams, I would probably vary my choices more, but right now all I can think about is all the reading I have left:lol:

For me pretty much every day is a casual day. My style isn't dressed up, so when I wear a shirt I pretty much look dressed up instantly for most people who know my style.

I've been enjoying the great weather lately and I noticed that my summer wardrobe is in a good place. Especially since I discovered a pair of grey/white striped chambray pants that I bought late last summer and didn't get to wear. They are the perfect with pretty much everything solid I own.

@eizhowa good luck with your exams! :flower:

Eizhowa Good luck! The Monki shirt is navy-white but not very

I like to combine chic and casual pieces.
- A casual wash jeans with a silk shirt and ballerina's.
- Suitpants with a jumper and chic necklace

My casual outfits vary a lot. They will always be comfy (no stilettos or things that wrinkle), but other than that they can be almost anything. I am finishing my 2nd semester project right now, so most of the time I am sitting down and writing. I have been wearing

- Jeans, a tee and slips ons (or ballerinas)
- Dress and ASH spiral boots
- Jersey dress, a little jacket and boots
- Jeans, a silk blouse, ballet flats and my Noa Noa jacket

@Eizhowa: good luck on your exams :smile:

--------

BTW: who makes good quality basic tees/tanktops? My white peplum tee from Nelly already have a hole in the front - I am not very pleased! I have seen this happen to a viscose top I had as well. Both have been cheaper items though.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ my viscose tees are from topshop. Im very happy with that quality and they are affordable. Also club monaco has good tees and filippa K.

^ my viscose tees are from topshop. Im very happy with that quality and they are affordable. Also club monaco has good tees and filippa K.

Thank you - I will look into that. Samsøe Samsøe has some that are reasonably priced and my other basics from them are impeccable, so perhaps I should try that first.

I've got t-shirts from COS that I've bought years ago and still look like new. I also have some American Apperal shirts that are very nice. But I've also had some of them ripping their seems within the first week, so the fabric is great but the lining not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->