The Business of Magazines

It is sad news indeed. But hey, We are witnessing the end of Vogue together, how exciting! I think my collection of the big 4 Vogues will come to an end soon as well.

On a separate note, I feel that Farneti will remain in his position. To me, He’s that kind of person who would say yes to the global head in order to keep his job. Or maybe I am wrong. Let’s see.

CEO [since April 2019] Roger Lynch is excellent here. He gets it. The future for Condé Nast is worldwide integrated media. The interviewer isn’t very good, but still worth it if you’re interested.

I’ve accepted that the print magazine industry is a spent force – but I haven’t given up on enjoying print magazines. I’ve spent the last year in lockdown starting the process of slowly winnowing them down to a core collection, and deciding to properly store and display them (where space allows), and I’ve been buying the occasional coffee table sized book to supplement that. The golden age of magazines might now be in the past, but the era of the print magazine as ‘cultural artefact’ will continue to offer its own small joys.

Lalanne! *insert 3 x Twitter crying emojis* What about Vogue Hommes?

Sadly I can't say I'm shocked or sad reading about Alt's departure. I've said it before, as good and directional it was, I don't think it was polarising enough which is what CN is after. I swear they will now turn it into a US/UK Vogue hybrid.

But the biggest mystery....why not Farneti????

Sadly I can't say I'm shocked or sad reading about Alt's departure. I've said it before, as good and directional it was, I don't think it was polarising enough which is what CN is after. I swear they will now turn it into a US/UK Vogue hybrid.

But the biggest mystery....why not Farneti????
Because his Vogue is very polarising?

Last edited:
I swear they will now turn it into a US/UK Vogue hybrid.

The saddest news of all. Don't they understand that the approach of these two editions does not appeal to everyone? I seriously can't understand why they're trying to make all editions look identical now. What's the point? Just shut it all down and make American Vogue more accessible worldwide if that's what you're going for anyway...

Imagine Conde Nast being so foolish that they’ll change the name from Vogue Paris Into Vogue France.

510886e93929ac4429bcb2fd68eb7360.gif

tenor

So the anniversary issue will be under Edward. Too sad.

WHAT? Edward?? WTF!

also, I’m sorry but did I read that right? they’re ending Vogue Paris?!!!
WHAAAAAT??? NOOOO!

all I wanted/ want is Alt and Farneti out. not ending the publications.

what is CN thinking? clearly some of these are extrapolated rumours, it can’t be all true.

Because everybody knows trends worldwide can also start at Lyon!

So sad to see Alt, she was far from perfect but god knows she had a sense of what a fashion magazine should be like. The pseudo-political pamphlets of today do not interest me in the slightest.

The edition that represents the fashion capital of the world can never be second rate, it would actually reflect poorly on the Vogue brand as a whole. I truly they don't dig their grave any deeper.

Last edited:
so the news leaked the day before Emmanuelle's birthday? I'm sure they didn't make that calculated decision

Ok so what does the practical application of this change actually look like? Who would be the acting head of Vogue Paris? As in, what would be the hierarchical structure of the VP team now? Is there one person at the VP office Who suggests covers etc then Edward approves? would the VP team be semi-autonomous? Or does Edward directly manage everything?

Ok so what does the practical application of this change actually look like? Who would be the acting head of Vogue Paris? As in, what would be the hierarchical structure of the VP team now? Is there one person at the VP office Who suggests covers etc then Edward approves? would the VP team be semi-autonomous? Or does Edward directly manage everything?
Nobody knows, I think that will be like Vogue Spain and Germany are operating. Without the EIC.

Can we make a petition to have Fabien Baron hired in Alt's place? That is the only solution I accept.

I feel nothing toward this news tbh. Yeah Alt is out (I mean how many pairs of jeans/denim does the Parisian woman need to own) but with all the talents in Paris and they can even pick one to be an EIC and decide to put all the power into one editor might as well of close the entire CNF division. I won't shred a tear.

I guess it's true. When a new M magazine rises, the old Vogue Paris fades away.

^This shows an incredible amount of faith in Anna, meanwhile American Vogue is the worst I've ever seen it. I don't understand what they're going to accomplish this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->