The Devil Wears Prada Movie - 2 (sequel)

smartarse

Reaction score
*Off the Record*

Yesterday they were filming the sequel in NYC. As it stands right now, Anne Hathaway is playing an investigative reporter for Meryl Streep's Miranda who's company is on the brink of collapse. The scripts often change till the final editing but right now it's within those storylines. Also it should be a 2007 movie release-- as it stands right now. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that was quick if does happen? I enjoyed the first but had no idea there was a sequel in the works.

wow if this will be true I'll be one of the first in line to see it ^_^

If they are filming the sequel right now then why has their been no official announcement in Variety? They had an article the other day in which the Fix Chairman was talking about their B.O performance this yr and raving about how well Prada did. You would have thought they would have mentioned a sequel in the article if it was in the works.

Meryl has about 5 movies upcoming on her IMDB bio and none of them is the Prada sequel.

Personally as much as I loved the movie, I think a sequel is just a cash grab and it's a bad idea.

a sequel???? i hope this one is more fashion forward than the last. i think they underestimated the audience by only name dropping the most well known brand names and making that lame limited edition faux leather knock-off bag like annes character...........

i hope this isn't only a rumor 'cause if it's, i will be so disappointed

a DWP sequel? why? I don't see how this would work. but either way...i'll go see the movie. :smile: I really enjoy Meryl Streep as an actress....she's great.

will lauren weisberger will involved in this too?? if not, where will they get a proper story from??

eh? i can't picture this. i agree- are they pulling a story out of the air? i mean viewers do like some substance.

the first one was not as good as it could be .. and sequels are normally crap anyways so i get the feeling this one is going to be dire :( i dont think i would even bother watching it tbh

Do you have any way of confirming this information??

Unless it was a commercial in the heart of The Village Saturday , which is not..... My confirmation is my own two eyes, a friend and a brother. If you were in the area you saw it too. And if I open my big mouth than so be it, but I highly doubt it was a hush hush since it was out in the opened being filmed.

Robert De Niro stopped by to pay a visit to his friend, Meryl (Streep). She was just as surprised as we were to see him. Anne (Hathaway) had a trench coat-like on. So that's an eyewitness accounts for ya. Don't know why the gossip papers don't have a take on this. Who knows. B)

Wow... thats interesting that you should mention this. I was just thinking this weekend about how much I loved that movie, and how I wish there was a sequel, but that there couldn't be b/c Anne's character quit her job at the magazine and it wouldn't work out. Strange.

I hope its true!

Good Lord, why don't I know about this?????

A SEQUEL!!!!!! Let's hope for more screentime of those clothes (the first one had to fast forward the time in some scenes... all that styling for a mili-second, what a waste!)

I hope. I hope...

It wouldnt kill them to bring some fashion into it, yea, the clothes were great, but not what they could've been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->