The Face with Naomi Campbell

yayyyy..finally Lydia won the challenge. Sharon was a great model tho, it's so sad to see her home. Can't wait to see Lydia vs. Anne next week. LOL

Naomi's behavior was disgusting, there is no excuse. Nicole was absolutely right saying that a designer would alter the dress if it was too long. If a girl cant walk in a dress that is too long its the designer that looks bad

But Naomi was right, most of the girls had difficult dresses. I think Anouska is beautiful, but when Naomi said she won't be able to compete with the rest of the models I have to agree. She was a strong model but not the strongest. It was only a matter of time when she would leave the show. Naomi is not the most eloquent mentor on the show but she does have the most experience.

I think for Lydia the fact she hasn't done every major campaign or catwalk is because she simply doesn't have to because she's rich. So unlike the other models she probably does that things she wants and if she doesn't get a job then it's OK because again SHE'S RICH.

On the contrary, models with such backgrounds have more connections and are more likely to do campaigns, in Lydia's case her short list of campaigns is probably due to just not being booked.

But Naomi was right, most of the girls had difficult dresses. I think Anouska is beautiful, but when Naomi said she won't be able to compete with the rest of the models I have to agree. She was a strong model but not the strongest. It was only a matter of time when she would leave the show. Naomi is not the most eloquent mentor on the show but she does have the most experience.

i do agree about that, but the way she reacted was embarrassing

The issue was when Nicole said something to the effect of, "we've walked in Chanel/Versace/etc., Naomi, and you know they would alter your dress," that's when Naomi went ballistic and started attacking Nicole with, "don't you ever compare yourself to me, you're not at my level blah blah blah" which had nothing to do with Nicole's point. Nicole was just pointing out the reality of what happens during fittings which you know exist for a reason.

^ Yes I don't know what was the deal with that. I think Naomi was holding a bit of a grudge or extreme dislike of Nicole for that comment she made. Very unprofessional.

from what am reading here its the same old Naomi bullying issue that irritated the hell out of me in the face US Season 1. Cant even think of watching this, not too different from watching bad girls club

:lol: Lydia is a joke and the US version is a lot more scripted. Felisa is just a waste of time on this show. Can anyone be more boring?

Naomi is just so unbearable to watch on the Australian version. Her response to Nicole's statement was soooooo not related to the point that Nicole was trying to make.

I would enjoy The Face Australia so much more if it were not for the dynamic between the mentors. The interaction with Nicole has been quite painful. I would definitely re-watch the first seasons of The Face UK (phooey to Foxtel for not making this available on iTunes) and The Face US again. I have no desire to see the first season of The Face Australia on repeat.

My guess is that the stress of the break up with Vlad plus filming The Face Australia and The Face US back to back must have really affected Naomi. I also wonder if the producers requested that Naomi increase the drama for ratings.

Cheyenne took a huge risk when she sent Yaya there; Naomi could have easily chosen to eliminate the stronger girl. Had Olivia gone to the elimination room, I am pretty sure Anouska would still be in the competition.

I definitely agree with keeping Yaya over Anouska as I feel Yaya has more potential (Yaya is also taller). However, I don’t think Yaya should have been in that elimination room. Both Yaya and Olivia had problems on the final runway. Yaya, at least, refrained from open and closing her mouth like a fish.

I am curious as to how the competition will work with only two teams. Will the loosing team have to choose 2 girls to send to the elimination room? Or, as Ruth suggested, will the loosing mentor have to choose one girl to give the boot straightaway? Also, how will the final runway work with only two mentors and two teams?

How on earth were the girls supposed to get down and up those long stairs without touching their dresses? Sarah managed everything quite nicely, but her dress did not have the train that Ruth and Anouska did.
Everything in this.

Although which was filmed first, US or AU? I think both were filmed after the Vlad/Zilin betrayal correct?

Also had Olivia gone to the room, I don't know for sure that Anouska would've been saved. It's true she commented that Olivia "wasn't listening again" but at the same time, maybe Naomi's vendetta against Nicole would've won out and she wouldn't let the opportunity to destroy Team Nicole slip out of her hands regardless of which girl Cheyenne sent to the elimination room.

^ After watching that episode I'm definitely team Cheyenne! But I think Nikolina might be the next model to leave the competition. Lol Naomi is really playing her role for the camera >>>Lmao, In mourning smdh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naomi needs a new acting coach, it's so fake with the crying and the "mourning situation". LOL

I was happy for Lydia, but can she stop saying that she's been on top of her game for the past decade. No you haven't!
uhmm.. YES. she has. she may not be a runway girl. but lydia hearst absolutely has earned the title of SUPERmodel. she's a print superstar. keep in mind she's already uber rich so she doesn't necessarily have to book jobs to put food on the table.

I feel Naomi is much more invested in the girls on the Australian version. The calibre of contestants is certainly much higher than the British or American counterparts.

To me Lydia is a poor competition. Like really after 6(!!!) losses you realize that you have to be tougher with your girls(and that was pointed out to you by other mentors) and then you win and make a cowardly decision to remove a stronger girl, that just showed how poor competition she is. I'm quite sure that she won't win again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->