The H&M Thread #4

yeah they announced just a few days after i asked lol

wow this thread is DEAD!
this says a lot about H&M!

does anyone owns H&M-shoes? like heels? how are they?

the company is crashing...
signaling the end of fast fashion?

ecofashion companies are celebrating...
literally...
they are posting celebratory posts online and citing documentaries on the environment and waste as contributors...
time for another documentary>?

*buy less, buy better...
*reuse,recycle...

:heart:...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this very interesting ... since they just opened a huge new store in my town, Palm Springs (which is once again, "cool" and is growing like a weed).

So, I took a look at recent news to see what they are saying. Pretty much as you stated it ... crashing.
.... With the value of their H&M shares down about 45 percent since the end of 2016, owners said management gave a lot of details on pretty much everything except the main product.

“The offering is the core problem,” said Erik Sjostrom, a fund manager at H&M shareholder Skandia. "The fashion, the price, the distribution and I believe they are off both in terms of fashion and price."

H&M says it expects online sales to rise at least 25 percent this year while sales from e-commerce and non-H&M formats like COS, Weekday and newly launched Arket will nearly triple from last year’s level by 2022. Together, those labels account for less than one-tenth of sales.

“What I’m hearing is that everything except core H&M is doing well, but it’s core H&M that’s the main business,” Sjostrom said. ......

.... When it comes to the main business, the outlook is far from encouraging. The H&M brand is “relevant” for now, but has “a fast deteriorating appeal” after years of complacency, Chaviaras said. Meanwhile, the competition has “progressed rapidly” in everything from a well-functioning and nimble supply chain, to the look and quality of the products being sold, he said.
source: businessoffashion.com

I find this very interesting ... since they just opened a huge new store in my town, Palm Springs (which is once again, "cool" and is growing like a weed).

So, I took a look at recent news to see what they are saying. Pretty much as you stated it ... crashing.

yes- i read it in the news...
it isn't my opinion...
there was an actual graph showing the profits and it was all sharply downhill recently...
^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

can't stop thinking how odd it is that they are opening new stores...
especially a big one...

palm springs also sounds amazing...
i've always wanted to go...

:flower:

Yeah, I know. Still opening stores .... that's why this surprised me.

Maybe they had signed a contract a long time ago and couldn't get out or it. This new city center has been stalled for a few years, but it's finally open and all the new stores are pouring in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"