The H&M Thread #3

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by CaitlinC, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

Moderator's Note:
    In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
    Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
    Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
    Please stay on topic!
    Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.

You can find the old thread here

--------------------------

I only like a few pieces but I also didn't expect this to look all the way Lanvin. You get what you pay for. If you want actual Lanvin, you have to pay the price. lol

#1 CaitlinC, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by moderator ANBS: Nov 21, 2010
  2. diesanni

diesanni New Member

The runway presentation seems like a very bad joke. The clothes look just awful and the styling is ridiculous. I'm getting the feeling that H&M simply relies on the prestige the word "Lanvin" holds and don't give a damn about anything because they know it will sell, no matter what. Remember the circus around the Sonja Rykiel collection? That was a promotion I'd call brilliant, this is nothing but laughable.

3. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

^^^ H&M's PR seemed to have relied a lot on the online world this time around. Did they do this with the previous ones?

4. FleurDeLys

FleurDeLys New Member

I agree with Mindbear. It's not just the styling, I think I am very capable of seeing the pieces for what they really are^_^. But the fitting looks terrible on these girls. Also the materials seem extremely cheap. It looks quite elegant and good quality on the site but now, not so much... :ermm:.

5. lifeistiffanyblu

lifeistiffanyblu New Member

I am not sure if I see anything worth queuing up for. I guess you do have to pay the price for Lanvin.

6. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Have you got any clue what the Lanvin mainline quality is like? Most of it is polyester with unfinished seams, while the dresses here are 100% silk. And laser cut like mainline Lanvin. Do you REALLY think you're paying for quality when you buy a $3000 Lanvin dress? That is extremely naïve.

A lot of people are badmouthing this collab even though they have no clue about Lanvin whatsoever. And they figure that since it's H&M it must be rubbish. It is just pure snobbery, plus it is quite ignorant. Wait until you've actually seen and felt the garments, no?

And about H&M quality in general...I have had expensive Acne pieces falling apart before I even got to wear them, and that has NEVER happened with H&M. Their silk or wool garments are just as good as anything else I've ever come across. I never buy their cheap cotton crap, but then again I don't buy cotton garments in general. Except for undies :D

#6 The_Ida, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 21, 2010
  7. mousquerader

mousquerader Member

^Totally agreed. I also dislike it when people lump together H&M and F21 as having the same bad quality. F21 has pretty bad quality, and H&M items and be hit or miss, but their items are usually quite good. I've never had H&M items fall apart, and they look and feel nice/expensive.

The key is to be picky about materials, and always check the materials label. You don't just walk into a store and assume everything is lousy quality just because you see one item that isn't up to standard, and you don't buy an obviously poorly constructed item and expect it to hold up.

8. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I originally got this dress in size 36, but apparently I'm a size 34...
    [​IMG]
    I'm getting this dress in size 34 instead (if it's possible), I just think it's better for me. PLUS I'm using the 8909 code so I get 25% off (I'll be trying to get it online tomorrow morning)

[​IMG]
    shop.hm.com

I must say that these dresses are phenomenal.

9. Edita

Edita New Member

I would love to see you wearing it

10. kate_is_goddess

kate_is_goddess Active Member

Were any of you able to order sth online on tuesday? because I didn't get into the online store at all... it worked again in the afternoon, but by then everything was long gone of course.

11. *k.a.t.e*

*k.a.t.e* New Member

I love this jacket off the website.....but for £69.99? Really? It's not even trend! I'd want real gold on it for that price. :D

[​IMG]
    hm.com

12. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

SS11 pieces
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    carolinesmode.com

That tan blazer and the tote are screaming my name :lol:

#12 The_Ida, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 26, 2010
  13. myown

myown Active Member

i didnt even realized, the other thread got closed...

14. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

printed dress looks very pretty! i have to admit i've been to h&m this week and totally unimpressed :( a year or two ago this was my favourite store.

15. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

^I feel the same way. Fortunately COS opened in my town, so I won't go naked :rofl:

16. sill

sill Active Member

I love that bag! I reckon it's trend though and we don't have a trend section where I live..

17. Aby

Aby Active Member

So when does all that SS stuff drop?

18. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Have no clue. Probably in January.

19. entirely officia

entirely officia New Member

20. FleurDeLys

FleurDeLys New Member

I was finally able to go to the nearest h&m that carries the Lanvin collection (1,5 hours away by train :rolleyes:) and they still had quite a lot, all the tule dresses, some floral dresses, a skirt or two and the black one-shoulder dress. I tried on the black one-shoulder dress and it fit beautifully. It's a weird fabric but does nice things to your figure. I didn't buy it though, I have no idea when or where I would wear it, except for maybe at a very fancy NYE.
    And €149 for a dress I'm never going to wear is a bit much, even if it's such a pretty one :heart:.

my crappy cellphone pic:
    Foto's-00d.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.