The What to Wear Where? Thread

thank you sooo much! they are all really cute, i really like the one wit mary-kate wearing the spotty dress.
I think now ill just have to check out the pattern book and what fabric is available and try to whip something up!!!
Thank you soo much bliss

what to wear to a tacky party u have to go to...

is an 'awwww crap' moment...
i got invited to this party of my little sisters friends i have to go to ( dont ask why )
its an 18th (which is pretty much the same as 21st in US drinking age and all over here in australia) and the theme is pretty pink coctail party :huh: and all the girls that are going (hopefully there might be a couple of boysB) ) are absolut lable wannabee's - except they can't afford anything so its all bad knock off's and where you won't b talked to if you totally wern't wearing what paris hilton wore last week
hmmm
so my question is what the hell should i wear? im drawin too many blanks here
:P

:lol: Pretty pink cocktail party... hmm.... how about a garish fuschia cocktail prom gown :woot::woot:.... Hey... Paris would wear it! Just kidding :P

My advice would be not to conform to what THEY deem acceptable (which sounds really bad by the way) and just wear what you feel comfortable in. There's bound to be someone like you there that will be able to scope you out by your personal stylish picks B) So what do you normally wear out to clubs? I usually opt for something comfortable I can move in yet sexy. Enjoy :flower:

Exactly Curious: "wear what you'll be most comfortable in.."

From how you describe it, since this party will more than likely make you feel uncomfortable in the first place, why add to it by wearing something that you dont feel comfortable in? If nothing else at this party will make you feel happy, at least you'll able to say "This party's gonna suck, but my outfit doesnt have to." B)

Best of luck! And remember, when all else fails, there's always tequila!!

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd really keep it simple..a few plain but classic pieces, take some nice, fashionable jellewery, check out the weather fore-cast, take a skirt maybe, a dress, and a pair of pants, and a few tops, i'd wear boots and sandals is it was me. have fun!!

what to wear

my boyfriend is flying in next weekend, i wanna look good, and i've never been a skirt girl so i need some help. i am thinking about wearing a dark denim jacket from hollister, a white tank with little stones on it (from hollister), and i have two skirts from american eagle. One is a very light ballet shoe pink color mini skirt (soft delicate material), and the other is a denim mini skirt. my question is what skirt should i wear, and would that light pink skirt be considered too spring? and also, any shoe ideas i can wear with that would also be nice :wink:

hmm.. where do you live? how warm/cold is it there right now?
and how old are you? (may i ask :wink:)

if you plan on wearing a mini,
id wear opaque tights+ballet flats or casual boots to go with it.

i cant really tell you for sure because there are no pictures, but
try to avoid the denim jacket/denim mini combo.

what about the denim mini+ white tank+ cute cardigan or sweater?or even a hoodie will be fine. imo :smile:

then go with boots or flats.. whatever one you feel more comfortable in.

i'm in TX, and its been hot one day and cold the next so i dont know lol. i'm 18

something like this? maybe?

if you are not normally a skirt girl, wearing boots instead of wearing flats might be better..

on350148-01p01v01.jpg
cardigan-oldnavy
12803_02_b.jpg
tank-abercrombie

12612_01_b.jpg
mini-abercrombie

boots-frye

hope this helps ^_^

yeah i think i'll stick with something like boots :D the only time i like to wear ballet flats are with jeans or long pants, i dont like the look of them when theres nothing covering at least part of my foot.

What to Wear for my 21st?

Hello Ladies!! :heart:

Have the big 21st coming up and am looking for a mind-blowing "sex on legs" type of dress!

I am going for the supermodel trash/glam editorial type look as opposed to understated elegance and welcome any piccies or ideas that have just made you go :innocent:! Teehee!

I've started on my research and like these:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142847&stc=1&d=1136180 268
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142848&stc=1&d=1136180 422
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142849&stc=1&d=1136180 681

Would love to see any you have!

lardlardlard said:
Hello Ladies!! :heart:

Have the big 21st coming up and am looking for a mind-blowing "sex on legs" type of dress!

I am going for the supermodel trash/glam editorial type look as opposed to understated elegance and welcome any piccies or ideas that have just made you go :innocent:! Teehee!

I've started on my research and like these:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142847&stc=1&d=1136180 268
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142848&stc=1&d=1136180 422
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142849&stc=1&d=1136180 681

Would love to see any you have!

can't see your pics-
are you wanting like photos of actual dresses you can buy- or like runway photos for inspiration?

What to Wear to a Major Fashion Show

Posting on behalf of UNiQFashionista :flower:

UNiQFashionista said:
So I'm going to an HCT show tomorrow here in paris:woot: , and I have no CLUE what to wear! It will be a nice good seat so I will be seen. I know HCT shows are more formal than RTW, so jeans are off limits....and its freezing here in Paris, does that mean I can't wear a cute short dress?..suggestions and opinions needed as the show is tomorrow afternoon!!:flower:

thanks!

I'm trying... I think the title may be too long... stand by please :D

No problem :flower:

Oy vey! I'll report that to Andy. Quite frustrating and I still can't get the full title in :doh:

D&C has a couple of crowd shots from the current HC shows where you can get an idea for what's being worn. Agree you should go with something a little more special than jeans, but I don't think a short dress is out of the question. There's always tights or leggings you can wear to keep warm. Or a fabulous coat! Hmm... let me put some thought into this...

BTW - are you allowed to share which show? :woot:

Yes yes! Elie Saab..! I tried to look at some pictures..you can't really tell..alot of black though! :(..Ever since I bought this chloe dress 2 weeks ago, I've been dying to wear it..but it might be too much? it cant be worn with tights..soo...dont know..

Attachments

• chloe.jpg
    chloe.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"