The YSL Makeup Thread

Hmmm I think that might be the purple :smile:

I like the colours of the lip-glosses ^_^

If I'll have to shoot someone to get that gloss she's wearing, I'll do it. But it won't be necessary, I guess.
How light is the make-up foundation? Cause what you guys write sounds good, but I'm very, very pale.

Ahhh, the purple. I see it. I see it.

:lol:

[vogue];5228387 said:
^I heard about that top secrets thing. It's supposed to be a skincare/primer product right?? Hmm, have you tried just applying this and then concealer over to cover up blemishes and not wear foundation at all??

I do love the perfect touch too - like touche eclat for the whole face!!

I could never get away with just concealer, my skin and face make me want to vomit without it! I think I'll try it during the week though, just to give it a go!

You're right about perfect touch absolutely, it's not an effect I want every day, but now I own it i'm never going to be without some in my bag!

i like this brand, for now i have only everlong mascara and faux cills, but those lipsticks and other looks yummy.

Here's my review of Gloss Pur N° 1 Pure Nude

Good This is, hands down, the best nude lip colour I have found :woot: I am pale & most nude colours seem to completely blot out the colour of my lips making me look ridiculous. This gloss has absolutely no shimmer or sparkles (huge bonus for me) and it just dampens your lip colour a little bit so it gives the nude effect with a little bit of natural colour coming through. It's definitely the coveted "nude lips" but not extreme and I highly recommend this for pale people. I have searched high and low and not found a comparable colour. It's lighter texture than mac lipglass, it's probably more like the new cremesheen glasses, and feels quite moisturising on the lips.

Bad The flavour. I read reviews so I knew to expect a "mango" flavour but wow, it's overpowering and plasticky :yuk: You get more used to it but it's never pleasant but since I love the colour so much it's worth putting up with. The brush is a little coarse, and I prefer a doe foot applicator anyway. It's also quite expensive for a gloss for the amount you get.

Price £18

Buy again? Absolutely :woot: This has become one of my staples and I can't imagine not having it in my bag.

miu miu, is it from the new look? Because I'm checking every other day whether it has finally arrived!
I bought myself the TopSecrets Skincare Brush yesterday and so far, I love it. It makes the skin very soft and smells gooood. And this brush thing might be superfluent, but it's kinda cool...:P

irulan - this is a colour from the new collection, i posted pics on the previous page and i believe these are permanent colours :woot: it should be in stores, it's been out here for a while :unsure:

okay, thanks! I guess I will have to begin to seriously threaten my make-up counter. Maybe Oberpollinger has it...:angry:

tried Douglas already? our Douglas' have the entire spring collection in stores already from Chanel to Dior, incl YSL.

yeah, but they don't have it, these suckers. Every other day I walk in there and ask and they always make stupid faces and tell me it's going to be out beginning of february, then they were like middle of february and now they say 'oh yeah, in march'. What's wrong with that freakin city?

I get SO many compliments on my Rouge Volupté when I wear it, it's really soft, lasts a long time, and leaves a nice finish. I recommend it to anyone :wink:

So I was at Oberpollinger today: Nothing. I checked the internet: Nothing. :cry:

I have it! I haaaaave it. It's perfect, Gloss Pur in 3 and the right Rouge Voloupte (?) in 144. YSL is easily becoming my new make-up favourite!

some people hate the fruity smell/taste of their lip products but IMO it's the best part of it (beside the SPF15 and the texture). it's so fruity and yummy and not a bit overwhelming smelling or synthetic tasting.

I like the scents in the YSL products, they're subtle they're not the kind that get you sick after a while bc they're so strong

Unlike Dior stuff. I stopped using their foundation because it was so perfumed I couldn't stand it anymore and the diorkiss lipglosses are nice, but they taste like plastic. But I like the smell and taste of YSL, it's subtle and not synthetic,as you said Street_a_Licious.

A very happy me wearing my new lipgloss:

Attachments

• meysl.JPG
    meysl.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 293

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back