Uggs

hey guys...

bit of info from down under, we've worn them for yonks...mostly around the house type thing...

a lot of school kids wear them with jeans, quite stylish down under...not really sure what makes that any different to overseas, but yeh...maybe because we don't treat them like a trend?

yeh, ur not mean to wear socks with them...hehe, i never ever knew anyone did!! that defeats the purpose.

ohwell, while the uGGly boot trand dies out everywhere...the tradition of the surfing ugg will live on in australia.:smile:

Originally posted by HBoogie+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-city shopper@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
but then EVERYONE and their goldfish started wearing them...
:innocent: [/b][/quote]
lmao@at the goldfish

lol, I'm living in vienna and guess what: NOONE KNOWS BOUT UGGS!!! :lol:
Thats why I'm gonna get a pair this summer in LA, I mean, maybe its a burned out fashion trend in the states but europe doesn't kno them really... well, except for people who are interested into fashion and new trends...

Originally posted by calmsensual1+Feb 25th, 2004 - 10:23 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calmsensual1 @ Feb 25th, 2004 - 10:23 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by HBoogie@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-city shopper
@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
but then EVERYONE and their goldfish started wearing them...

:innocent:
lmao@at the goldfish [/b][/quote]
Me too! :lol:

Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@Feb 27th, 2004 - 9:35 am
lol, I'm living in vienna and guess what: NOONE KNOWS BOUT UGGS!!! :lol:
Thats why I'm gonna get a pair this summer in LA, I mean, maybe its a burned out fashion trend in the states but europe doesn't kno them really... well, except for people who are interested into fashion and new trends...
But they doesnt deter from the fact they look awful.

Each to their own thank god.

I think UGGS are the best shoes for winter :heart: They are the most comfy shoes I have ever worn and i will definetely buy the Ultra tall and short ones next year.

Well yes I guess so, but my friend is totally obbsesed with them, that's why she found me my avatar. Same with the mini skirts and uggs combo, and all star converse. None of these things look as bad though... :unsure:

^^ Just what I was going to say.

I dunno, i love my uggs..but i have started wearing them more around the house.

They're coming out with ruby red ones now just like the ones that were originally personalized for Sarah Jessica Parker. :innocent:

Maybe you think I'm stupid but I had never seen those shoes before!! I like them! Where can I find them in spain? Does anyone know?

Originally posted by Juls@Mar 4th, 2004 - 5:06 am
Maybe you think I'm stupid but I had never seen those shoes before!! I like them! Where can I find them in spain? Does anyone know?
I don't know if Spain has a surfing scene, but if it does, you could find them at surf shops.

I've found that the only people that don't like them are those that don't actually *own* them...

So

is there anyone who thinks they're "so over" that actually owns them?

Just curious.

i got a pair back in like september and wore them tucked in and stuff..now i think that looks kinda stupid..so now i just wear them under my really flared jeans and pants as a more comfy alternative to heeled boots..what bugs me thou is everyone is wearing fake ones at my school..only me a 2 other girls have real ones..im sad that the trend is dying casue there so warm and cozy :( ..they were great while they lasted

:lol: UGG Australia can hardly be defined as the "real" ugg boot.

This style of boot has been manufactured in Australia and New Zealand for MANY years long before an American company decided to trademark the word "ugg". It's like me coming along and saying, "Hmm.. I'd like to call my line of cowboy boots `Cowboy Boots™'!!! :lol:

The only fake ugg boot is one made of synthetics!!

Originally posted by ProfessorWB@Mar 7th, 2004 - 9:56 am
I've found that the only people that don't like them are those that don't actually *own* them...

So

is there anyone who thinks they're "so over" that actually owns them?

Just curious.
I agree 100% - this is kinda the way it is for alot of things... :unsure:

Originally posted by fuj@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 10:22 am
^^ Just what I was going to say.

I dunno, i love my uggs..but i have started wearing them more around the house.
Yeah.. me too, actually. I'm sure I'll start wearing them again when this winter rolls around. I get to wear mine to work because we sell them! It's fabulous because if anyone gives me funny looks (they're only just starting to take off here in New Zealand) I know I'm wearing my work "uniform"! :woot:

A couple of stores here have come out with synthetic ugg boots - it's just wrong. The only reason you are supposed to wear ugg boots is because they are so warm yet breathable.

Synthetics are NOT breathable = stinky feet! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmaximus89
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->