Uggs

i got a fab pair after searching around the world for a pair i liked.

NEW LOOK, flagship on oxford street. you'd be surprised. best quality. better than in harrods, harvey nics, et al.!!!! :woot:

and only 40 pounds. plus they come in short which i had been looking for. and i got them in light pink. they are great. and the funniest is.
uggs have only become a trend now (i must say, an absolutely ugly one) but i already owned a pair over 10 years ago. :lol:

Originally posted by Pixielaughs@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 6:55 am
Did you guys know that "UGG Australia" is an American brand who now make their boots in China?

Save our Aussie Icon

:angry:
exactly my point! right on pixie~

I bought these (from http://www.nznature.co.nz) in sand (the high tops:(

sheepskinboots.jpg

I just HAD to have the same kind as gwenyth :blush:

funny that the name is derived from "ugly" or so i have read B)

Originally posted by pointup@Mar 19th, 2004 - 10:57 am
funny that the name is derived from "ugly" or so i have read B)
Yeah, it's true. But that's the appeal of them.. and once you try ugg boots you won't wanna take them off!! :flower:

i just dont consider them a trend. just something that will always be usefull :flower:

Originally posted by LilyBird+Mar 19th, 2004 - 9:00 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilyBird @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 9:00 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pixielaughs@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 6:55 am
Did you guys know that "UGG Australia" is an American brand who now make their boots in China? 

Save our Aussie Icon

:angry:
exactly my point! right on pixie~

I bought these (from http://www.nznature.co.nz) in sand (the high tops:(

sheepskinboots.jpg

I just HAD to have the same kind as gwenyth :blush: [/b][/quote]
Qwenyth's are actually by Ugg Australia. I have been to the website that you got your boots from, and they only use the picture as an example of people wearing uggs, in the generic sense of the word. I am almost positive I have seen the back of her boots and they are Ugg Australia. Yours are still cute though.

I'm pretty sure Gwyneth bought hers in Dunedin, New Zealand. Therefore, they won't be UGG Australia, because you can't purchase UGG Australia in New Zealand or Australia! :blink:

Originally posted by Pixielaughs@Mar 19th, 2004 - 9:53 pm
I'm pretty sure Gwyneth bought hers in Dunedin, New Zealand. Therefore, they won't be UGG Australia, because you can't purchase UGG Australia in New Zealand or Australia! :blink:
I stand corrected, I am very sorry I doubted you. I could have sworn that I saw the label on the back of hers, guess I was wrong. <backs down in humility>

:P No worries!

Sorry - I'm obsessed with the whole "UGG Australia" posing as

- an Australian brand
- made in Australia
- The only uggs you can be seen in
- The inventors of ugg boots

So when I read that Gwyneth bought her boots in Dunedin, I was rapt. SOMEONE has to be the pin-up girl for REAL ugg boots!

Originally posted by ProfessorWB@Mar 7th, 2004 - 9:56 am
I've found that the only people that don't like them are those that don't actually *own* them...
Why would they have bought them in the first place.. if they didn't like them? :P

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Mar 20th, 2004 - 6:54 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheSoCalledPrep @ Mar 20th, 2004 - 6:54 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ProfessorWB@Mar 7th, 2004 - 9:56 am
I've found that the only people that don't like them are those that don't actually *own* them...
Why would they have bought them in the first place.. if they didn't like them? :P [/b][/quote]
People are quick to judge things that they know nothing about. Once you wear uggs, you really never want to take them off. I got all of mine like a year and a half ago, and trend or not, I will keep wearing them. I know plenty of people who say they hate uggs, but when they see them in a store swipe them up rapidly.

thats true... lets all admit that as a shape they are just absolutely UGLY, there is no doubt about that i hope :unsure:

but knowing that, i still got myself a pair... cause one can not always walk in STILETTOs... sometimes (just sometimes :innocent: ) comfort goes over stylishness (cause i dont find UGGS stylish) :wink:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 20th, 2004 - 11:41 am
thats true... lets all admit that as a shape they are just absolutely UGLY, there is no doubt about that i hope :unsure:

but knowing that, i still got myself a pair... cause one can not always walk in STILETTOs... sometimes (just sometimes :innocent: ) comfort goes over stylishness (cause i dont find UGGS stylish) :wink:
oh right on, i love them, i just wish that people weren't always commenting on my new koolaberras. I had Ugg Australias, i got them in may of 03, but i got a new pair of uggs - this time koolaberra - for X-mas.

OMG, the real thing, is SO much better.. They're like 10x softer and the quality is amazing.

So...i agree with pixi. The real thing is ALWAYs better.

I don't find the style of Uggs attractive. Or repulsive. They seem like a great shoe for shopping and romping, but I'm basically indifferent to their looks.

But ANYTHING that is a huge trend isn't me. It may be you.. but it's not me. :P

People are quick to judge things that they know nothing about.

SO true.

We get so many tourists walking past our shop window saying [in really loud voices] "OH they're not REAL uggs...", "Look at the FAKE UGGS", etc etc...

It's so much fun to pick the ones that are going to say "Do you sell UGG?" the minute they walk in the door.

The look on their faces when they're informed they won't be able to buy The Brand They Want in our country OR Australia is truly priceless.

one thing i do treasure about the ugg phenomenon is that unlike the almost fashion-faux-pas free nineties, this is one of those fashion crazes we will be able to look back on ten years from now and say, 'what were we thinking?'

Hee hee

Especially the people who spent like $US400 on ebay for a pair! :lol:

"Huh? We cared about the BRAND of these things? And it wasn't even really Australian? And they made their boots in CHINA? What were we THINKING?"

:innocent:

Originally posted by HBoogie+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-city shopper@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
but then EVERYONE and their goldfish started wearing them...
:innocent: [/b][/quote]
ahahah i love that pic they were ugly, but then they grew on me and i wanted a pair, and u couldnt get a pair until august, so i just said forget it. i think they look stupid with skirts, but my mom has a really fuzzy pair of boots like the uggs, before they even became popular. i would wear them in the winter with jeans,though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3db3l
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"