UK Elle December 2009 : Kate Hudson by David Slijper

Yes they clearly haven't been sent out yet, because I always get them the same day as everyone.. and they are distributed from down south.

I'm really curious about the subscribers cover of this issue now.. because I am really fond of the newsstand.

I would have looked inside to see what it was, but the issue comes in a bag, as it has a £20 Reiss gift voucher with it.

the more i see this cover, the more i hate it. not a good thing, dope covers stand the test of time. im over this one.

According to McQueezy the subscriber's cover is:

"A similar picture, same styling but she's grabbing her thumb and licking her teeth. She might be trying to wink too but she's too stupid to manage it."

^haha thanks for reposting my hatred :P
here's a snap I took of the cover

sorry for the poor quality. It says 'KATE HUDSON Strike a pose'
The issue comes with a Reiss gift card too which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
...what exactly is she trying to do with her thumb? I don't hate it, but I much prefer the newstand cover.

And anytime, :P

^I don't know what she's doing, maybe waving?

There's a cool article about the cover too with the original retouching notes and a diary of the photoshoot, plus a retrospective of this year's covers.
Judging from the notes on Lindsay's issue it's a miracle they got the cover shot at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't exactly hate the subscribers cover. But I much prefer the newsstand cover shot.

^None of my subscription issues have arrived yet, which is understandable with the strikes. I'm really impatient when it comes to magazines.

My mother subscribes to UK dolls house magazines, and hers arrived no problem, ahead of the issues appearing in the shops, like normal. It just goes to show what God's priorities are.

My mother's subscription copy of Grazia arrived on time as well today.

I had to go to Vogue House yesterday to drop things off. I swear I was mere seconds away from attempting to find a copy to lift. Gladly it arrived in stores today. No stealing was necessary.

^ I realise that probably sounds a bit odd when discussing Elle. I just meant that's what delayed subscription copies do to me in general..

yep i got it today in shops too, pretty cover! even if i am not interested in her interview :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->