UK Vogue January 2017 : Ashley Graham by Patrick Demarchelier

8eight

Reaction score
Source: Mail online

Attachments

• 3AD9B45400000578-3983098-See_the_full_interview_in_the_January_issue_of_British_Vogue_on_-a-40_1.jpg
    3AD9B45400000578-3983098-See_the_full_interview_in_the_January_issue_of_British_Vogue_on_-a-40_1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 79
I'm not a fan of whatever's going on with her mouth, they should have chose a photo with a different expression.

Agreed about her mouth, there's something odd going on there. I initially read US Vogue, which heightened my shock. She's of course a great choice to cover this magazine, but I doubt whether this image doesn't help with Alexandra's well-intended diversity effort. At least it's not a close-up like Adele's last cover.

Also, that jacket is atrocious.

It's great that it's Ashley who's on the cover but I am not a fan of the shot. I agree that her expression is weird - it looks like she smelled something rotten.

I also don't like the art direction here. The font is so small and the cover looks somewhat empty because of it.

I like how she looks but I hate the jacket. Everything is just too strong for a January cover.
I'm wondering where's the three models cover Alexandra mentioned (someone wrote a rumour here about it)? Was that a planned multi girl cover or she was talking about a row of cover subjects for the following three months?

Is January the most pedestrian month for U.K. Vogue? Not since Gigi last year has a cover looked so high street. As thrilled as I am for Ashley I have yet to see a magazine really bring out the best in her. I have yet to be "wowed".

Is January the most pedestrian month for U.K. Vogue? Not since Gigi last year has a cover looked so high street. As thrilled as I am for Ashley I have yet to see a magazine really bring out the best in her. I have yet to be "wowed".

Maybe this is also a Topshop cover, the jacket certainly looks it!

So happy, and shocked Ashley finally lands a V͏͏o͏͏g͏͏u͏͏e͏͏ c͏͏o͏͏v͏͏e͏͏r͏͏!͏͏!͏͏ A͏͏n͏͏d͏͏ i͏͏t͏͏'͏͏s͏͏ o͏͏n͏͏e͏͏ o͏͏f͏͏ t͏͏h͏͏e͏͏ b͏͏i͏͏g͏͏ f͏͏o͏͏u͏͏r͏͏s͏͏,͏͏ w͏͏e͏͏l͏͏l͏͏ w͏͏o͏͏r͏͏t͏͏h͏͏ t͏͏h͏͏e͏͏ w͏͏a͏͏i͏͏t͏͏!͏͏!͏͏ I͏͏ d͏͏o͏͏n͏͏'͏͏t͏͏ r͏͏e͏͏s͏͏e͏͏n͏͏t͏͏ a͏͏n͏͏y͏͏t͏͏h͏͏i͏͏n͏͏g͏͏,͏͏ h͏͏a͏͏i͏͏t͏͏ h͏͏a͏͏s͏͏ g͏͏o͏͏o͏͏d͏͏ m͏͏o͏͏v͏͏e͏͏m͏͏e͏͏n͏͏t͏͏,͏͏ t͏͏h͏͏e͏͏ j͏͏a͏͏c͏͏k͏͏e͏͏t͏͏ i͏͏s͏͏ o͏͏k͏͏ a͏͏n͏͏d͏͏ s͏͏h͏͏e͏͏ l͏͏o͏͏o͏͏k͏͏s͏͏ s͏͏t͏͏u͏͏n͏͏n͏͏i͏͏n͏͏g͏͏.͏͏ W͏͏h͏͏a͏͏t͏͏ a͏͏ n͏͏i͏͏c͏͏e͏͏ s͏͏u͏͏r͏͏p͏͏r͏͏i͏͏s͏͏e͏͏.͏͏

It's nice to see her land a cover but if anything this just confirms for me why I cancelled my subscription after literally years. This will be the final issue that falls through my door and I'm really glad about it. What a truly mundane cover. It's January, give people something to be inspired by. This image looks like it belongs in a H&M catalogue.

Her expression and that jacket are horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH DEAR!
Ashley Graham is also on the cover of UK Cosmo (buy in from america)

OH DEAR!
Ashley Graham is also on the cover of UK Cosmo (buy in from america)

Are you serious???? :lol: And I bet her full figure will be displayed on Cosmo. Alexandra will not like this at all! Ashley wouldn't have known about the reprint, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy for her, but that expression...

I don´t like it one bit. The styling, the photography and her expression are awful, Patrick and Ashley can do better. How is it possible that she looked better on the cover of Cosmopolitan than Vogue?!

Honestly I find her kinda insufferable, combines with the beyond basic styling so there's nothing to like here.

I like her and I'm glad she got her first Vogue cover, but this is ugly. She's so much better than this! Her face is stunning, but here her mouth/teeth ruined the shot to me.

I think Ashley has a gorgeous face - she has that Cindy Crawford type of brunette glamour - and for me, that aspect of her is wasted in this cover shot.

But I suppose there's something to be said for keeping the look natural, although I wonder what the editorial is going to look like. I don't have the greatest confidence in UK Vogue's ability to style her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->