US ELLE September 2008 : Jessica Simpson by Carter Smith

Jeanster

Reaction score
bgciuc.jpg

“I was going through a lot of pain,” Jess tells Elle of the period immediately following her 2005 split from ex-husband Nick Lachey. “I didn’t try anything to change my life other than dating different types of guys and conforming to their worlds. I thought I had to be artsier, more intellectual.”

“Most of the guys I dated were captivated by my heart, but they had different ways of trying to get to me. Tony understands me. He appreciates my talent. He’s the first person I’ve spiritually connected with.”

“It’s the cutest thing,” a beaming Jess said of Tony. “He’ll say, ‘Jessica, 75% of the comments about your new single are favorable.’ “
Source: PopCrunch

Please gag me. That snip bit of the interview is terrible.
That cover isn't that fantastic, either. Hopefully the editorials will make up for it.

I don't care about the cover. I've really enjoyed Elle the past few months... the choices of stylists & photographers have been great & they are using some of the newer models. I find the pages in the front of the book interesting & inspiring.... I can't wait to get this.

lol this cover just couldn't be worse. it's even painful to look at.

i really love miss simpson, but her face on this issue is almost like...fake and drag queen-ish hahaha, besides, whats up with her clothes selection? i feel like im going to buy "Miss Southern Congeniality"

it looks like every other cover she's ever done except this time.......no, in fact it just looks like every other cover she's ever done. the text looks terrible.

But.....please, no? What in the world is this. The smile. The bra. The colors. The BUCKLE. And the shirt is half twisted around her body, completely uneven.

And there's nothing to counterweigh all these mistakes, just that trademark lobotomized smile.

But there is good news - she's looking like she's 30-35, so soon we wont hear any more of her, thank god.

Last edited by a moderator:
:yuk: horrible cover, don't like anything about it at all!

I have to join the majority: awful cover.

Thanks for posting though Jeanster.

WTH? Jessica Simpson? On the September cover? This is a cruel joke. And the cover looks terrible.

This is a Sept. cover???? She looks like one of Austin Powers FemBots, except maybe they were a little smarter. And whoever said that her shirt was lopsided was totally right, now I can't stop staring at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont think its that awful,for instance her pink monstrosity from few years back takes that title.But yes like Kimair pointed out,the styling is to much like her September cover from 2004 at least her face expression no matter how fake is better here.

But honestly what is going on with September covers this year?I cant belive this sh*t!

But honestly what is going on with September covers this year?I cant belive this sh*t!

Maybe October is the new September which is the new August thus all those awful covers inflicted on us. Just a theory. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boubs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->