US Elle September 2010 : Julia Roberts by Tom Munro, Alexei Hay, & Carter Smith

I don't recall it being mentioned in the previous posts, but there are three subscriber covers, in addition to the three newsstand covers.

The first subscriber's cover in #1 is by Tom Munro.

The second one is by Alexei Hay:

(Scanned by flyme2themoon)

The third subscriber's cover is the photo of Julia & Javier :heart: (by Carter Smith) in #21.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I hate those bloody big white boxes that appear on every freakin' subscribers cover! Why are they there? The subscribers issues are never publicly distributed through retail and even if they were, the box for a barcode would never be that big!
Ugh, drives me crazy because it always completely ruins the cover.

Got an import copy today, and it would seem it's only the white tuxedo newstand cover that's going to be making it across on import, which is a shame. The one with the melon, and the one with Javier have been printed inside the magazine though, like Drew's was, so it's actually a series of three covers in the same magazine. Which is nice at least.

When I finally saw it, I rather liked the clean monochrome look of the 'white' cover - after thinking I wouldn't like any of them. It's great to start getting hold of US September issues, and while I can't say I'm super-excited by the editorial content in this issue, it's the features that are making this a worthwhile read for me.

It always takes a while to appreciate the fashion content in US Elle, because it has a different mood - a different pace - to more high-impact magazines, but somehow I was left with the impression that there wasn't much in the section, for a September issue. That's probably because I wasn't too impressed with the long Eat, Pray, Love series. It was a great idea, but it didn't do much for me.

Ugh, I hate those bloody big white boxes that appear on every freakin' subscribers cover! Why are they there? The subscribers issues are never publicly distributed through retail and even if they were, the box for a barcode would never be that big!
Ugh, drives me crazy because it always completely ruins the cover.

It isnt for a barcode but for the subscriber's address. And yes, I agree, its annoying and ruins it everytime! I wish my Drew Barrymore one didnt have it :( (The one with her underwater...)

Why does there need to be a box for the address on the issue..? Do the issues not come plastic bagged?

Here they all just come in a bag and your address is printed on an A4 sheet of paper inserted into the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->