US Vogue ‘Digital Cover’ November 2024 : Kamala Harris by Annie Leibovitz

come on... digital cover? why? why? why? this was supposed to be the november cover or the December one (the colors remind me a lot of Hilary Clinton's Vogue cover)!!!! I believe Vogue and Company are dying!!

Maybe Conde Nast has realised when they put someone political on a print cover, it's more a curse than anything else (Beto O'Rourke, Jill Biden etc).

I was confused when I saw this cover because they just revealed Billie's... why did she get shafted to digital? Perhaps it got a last minute approval.

But somebody joked that Biden and Lively were the last cover subjects so maybe it's best that she avoided the curse. Watch out, Billie and Gaga!

Why is it digital? Well, for one, the whole thing was put together literally last week, a full month after the actual October cover was released.

Also, it’s not really a cover or deserving of a thread in the magazine boards at all, in my opinion. I know we’ve discussed this to hell and back but this is just an online article. There is no version of the magazine, print or digital, with this as a cover, and the article does not appear in the magazine either. They just say “digital cover” on Instagram to give it some heft or legitimacy, draw outrage and adulation, etc.

Liz Cheney wants that “I will have a republican in my cabinet” position so badly.

Anna wants her legacy to be something more than fashion so badly.

I think the “cover” photo is nice, though.

We all know Anna is cursed, just like the magazines industry (that's dead:(
- August: Jill Biden, her husband stepped down as POTUS candidate after 2 weeks
- September: Blake Lively, all the drama about her "mean girl" behavior became viral
- October: Stefani, huge flop from Joker and her EP
- November: Kamala...is Donald going to win with 90% of preferences now?

Jokes aside, I think this is one of the most unflattering images of Kamala I have ever seen. I don't wanna sound rude or got banned, but this image really highlighted her manly facial features.

It's flattering. I like the outfit colors, rich and earthy, and the pose is attractive. As if asking to engage in conversation.

Also, it’s not really a cover or deserving of a thread in the magazine boards at all, in my opinion. I know we’ve discussed this to hell and back but this is just an online article. There is no version of the magazine, print or digital, with this as a cover, and the article does not appear in the magazine either. They just say “digital cover” on Instagram to give it some heft or legitimacy, draw outrage and adulation, etc.

I am a purist - if it's a print magazine and a cover image doesn't appear anywhere in print form, then it's not really a cover.

As a compromise, I wouldn't mind them being included in the thread for the print issue, but having a new and separate thread for digital covers... some magazines pump out a digital cover for every celebrity interview they've done and want to publicise online.

My guess is that the cover is digital because it depends how Harris' last US Vogue cover performed on the newsstands. I personally do not find the cover appealing. I think it is too dark and does not look optimistic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roykimax
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->