US Vogue ‘Digital Cover’ November 2024 : Kamala Harris by Annie Leibovitz

When it comes to Annie, it might be an interesting experiment for people to go through the more recent years of her work, and to identify when they think she last took a decent portrait of anyone.

The exacting effort that used to go into photographers lighting their shoots has been discarded as a waste of time - people think that digital post-processing can compensate for all of that.

I remember watching the retouching portion of her masterclass and laughing because the before image looked so much better than the finished product

Kamala's best Vogue cover still remains her TFS cover challenge issue. Cant remember who designed it when I saved it.

photo glamour magazine

View attachment 1316957
I like it for TFS cover challenge but the photograph does not look elevated enough for an actual US Vogue cover. I see it for Town & Country.

on Annie allegedly being an evil mastermind Karen who intentionally makes black subjects look bad.... that's just her style. it's how she shoots/lights/edits everyone. it just may so happen that some people think darker complexions fare worse under that style, but it's not like she treats her black subjects any different. her style is just kinda ugly, simple as that.

on Annie allegedly being an evil mastermind Karen who intentionally makes black subjects look bad.... that's just her style. it's how she shoots/lights/edits everyone. it just may so happen that some people think darker complexions fare worse under that style, but it's not like she treats her black subjects any different. her style is just kinda ugly, simple as that.
Absolutely nobody said she was an evil mastermind Karen who treats black subjects differently. They are simply saying her white gaze and aesthetic prevents her from adequately portraying the beauty of black talent.

Is it really that “her white gaze and aesthetic prevents her from adequately portraying the beauty of black talent” or do internet critics just not have taste?

The same people who think the below photo of Beyoncé is a triumph likely think the below photo (by Annie) of Viola is horrible. It’s a matter of (lack of) taste.

IMG_7183.jpeg
IMG_7181.jpeg

See? This is what happens when digital covers are allowed their own threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
49erscoys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->