US Vogue April 2013 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Style Savvy

Reaction score

Facebook/Vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
I treasure her March 2009 cover like.. my own life :smile:p), but this is just.. no, I can't get over these eyebrows, they normally don't look like that, I don't know what happened, and that football mom hair.. ah. And I hate that shade of green too. At least that dress looks good on her. :heart:

*eta: didn't see Obama! oh. *crush*

This is so beautiful!! I love the colour scheme!

Um haha no.
The hair. Lazy text placement. too much text. too much white text.
and I dont like the colour scheme.

her first cover is way better. At least it looked like a fashion magazine.

I think this has the making if a wonderful cover - great color schemes, styling, set - but her face looks odd, from either hair & makeup, photoshop, or both.

I think I love this. And I am positively shocked by the fact that:
1. The lack of text and annoying tag lines
2. There is no annoying banner on top left corner
3. Two amazing black women on consecutive covers!!! Love this! :heart:

I most certainly will pick this issue up.

My only slight nitpick would be that the pose makes her arms look like Dwight Howard lol

At first I thought this cover was beautiful. But now I think it looks more like an official portrait for the whitehouse than a Vogue cover. And I really hate her hair. Like, reaaaaally. Nevertheless, I like this cover. Vogue isn't as great as it used to be. Even just a few years ago it had much better editorial content and covers. This is pretty lackluster. But I will say, the picture of her in the black dress reminds me of an autographed picture of Eleanor Roosevelt we have from when my great grandfather performed magic at the white house.

my pic:

Attachments

• 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.JPG
    00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 19
I don't think this cover is particularly bad, but it doesn't even look like she's in front of a real wall.

Although, I probably only find this amusing because I'm tired, but it's funny how in 2009 it was Michelle Obama on the March cover and Beyonce on the April cover and this year they've just switched.

they could have done something much more with her! she is a beautiful lady and i think they should have used different colours to make the cover pop.

The cover looks kind of fake to me, it has a weird cartoonish effect, imo? I find the whole composition really weird, the single elements (Obama, the masthead, the background, the texts) somehow don't blend well together. I do like the dress and think her smile seems genuine and charming, but it's just not a good cover. The pictures from the editorial look super boring, as well. It's too Vanity Fair and not very Vogue, at all.

don't like it and i don't hate it, does nothing for me really hopefully her ed will be amazing

She's definitely a welcome cover choice but I can't say I'm floored by this. Anyway, she's the First Lady so I wasn't exprecting much and at least the cover is less cluttered with text just like her previous one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhHellMel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->