US Vogue April 2013 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Not an admirer of this, I wasn't expecting something avant-garde when Michelle Obama is fronting an issue of Vogue. But this is almost too commercial. The shadow behind the masthead, the vivid green background, the lack of text.. everything just isn't working for me.

There's something warm about the cover. She is charismatic I must add, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.

that hair kinda ruins it for me, looks like it's swallowing her face....

she looks beautiful !!! How cool, fresh, powerful and nice does she look? I love this, much better than he previous cover, love the hair, it makes her look more fashionable, younger and she has such a cool/inviting vibe. I like the styling and the background. GREAT job after Beyoncé's weird face look.

I like everything aside from the neck up of Michelle. Surprisingly, that color combo doesn't look tacky or heavy as I would've imagined. The problem with Michelle is that the hair cut is an absolute disaster. I've thought that since she first got it, even though everyone was raving about it. Her facial expression makes her look even more awkward than she tends to on her own. But we all knew this was coming, so just gotta get through this. Hopefully this is the last of the Obamas cover.

No banner and minimal cover lines?!

Very nice cover, I love the green, blue, and the flowers

I like everything but the hair. It's too big, too flat and too "perfect" - all very late 90s and 00s. And the hair of a cover subject is, of course, rather important.

But at the end of the day, she is so radiant it doesn't matter. The dress flatters her already amazing shape and that smile really comes through the lens.

I love FLOTUS, but the cover looks like Annie cornered her against the wall and forced her to smile.

So excited that Michelle is on the cover again, I absolutely adore her. I love how the colors look together and the framing of the flowers on this cover. And Michelle looks just so lovely, she radiates warmth and elegance. Love that photograph of her and the president, such a cute couple!

Michelle is BEAUTIFUL, but this cover? I don't know what to say...

So the rumour is true...I miss her first cover but I think this one look great!

So much better than her first cover, and i applaud the minimal text, it looks wonderful, and she looks beautiful, the setting could have been better though, but i expected this to turn out worse.....

Michelle is an inspiring woman, that's for sure :heart: Despite the hair, the cover works to me. I still can't get over those awful shadow effects, though.

I think it's so hard to strike a fine line between fashion and accessibility and in the First Lady's case you have to be extremely careful about this. This doesn't work imo ... don't be fooled by who's on the cover, this is just plain lacking.

She looks really beautiful, the hair is a bit messy tough... but I got excited when I saw her on the cover again!

wow! what a surprise!!:shock: But Michelle Obama looks strange!! she looks better in real! But that's nice cover!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karolina P
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->