US Vogue April 2013 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Meh..she looks good, but I don't like the background

I hate to say but I love this cover maybe the best Vogue cover from Michelle Obama

Maybe I'm just suffering from Obama fatigue (seriously is there no entertainment outlet they won't cover? It's a bit ridiculous) but this is very bland and unexciting to me. Vogue US has fallen into a rut latley so I'm not holding out too much hope for the contents..I'm sure we'll get karlie in a location edit, a 90s model in a studio edit, a Brazilian model in a bikini edit( it is April after all) and a random model in one photograph by Tim walker for an article about the latest hair trend.

I think she's wonderful, but this isn't doing her any favors in the looks department and the colors don't work cohesively. I do like that they cut WAY back on the amount of text, though, and there's no banner(!), so that's good.

The background of the cover is lovely, her outfit is alright but what the hell is that pose! And it looks like her face was photoshopped in! How weird...

I love Michelle so I will be getting this even though I think the cover looks like it was shot by an amateur.

This will go from mailbox to trash box

This is fake cover :doh: , not a real cover, her previous cover was better than this one, but her ed is doesn't bad.

love the cover though the makeup colours would have been somewhat stronger, its a fitting cover for a first lady, respectful yet stylish and approachable

The cover looks kind of fake to me, it has a weird cartoonish effect, imo? I find the whole composition really weird, the single elements (Obama, the masthead, the background, the texts) somehow don't blend well together. I do like the dress and think her smile seems genuine and charming, but it's just not a good cover. The pictures from the editorial look super boring, as well. It's too Vanity Fair and not very Vogue, at all.

It does look very fake. There is some weird sort of weird drop shadow or something going on with the text? Or it's almost like it isn't really on the picture? Yeah, def weird. I agree with Vogue28 that it is almost too commercial, even for the first lady. It doesn't look VOGUE at all and feels way too conservative for any fashion-folk's taste, even if you are involved in the world of politics. The blue against that green is so unattractive it's crazy.

I'm loving the cover and accompanying photos. The colors, the composition, and the general vibe are wonderful and something new for Vogue. I can get past the small awkward details. This is what I want to see on the newsstands in the spring!

I absolutely love this! Less text, no banner and a smile that is real! This has to be the on of the greatest US vogue covers together with Beyonce's for 2013 so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's much better than her first cover, especially in the matter of her face expression, although I've liked colors much more on the one from March '09. Anyway, it's quite bland and boring. Nothing say 'fashion' here really. Apart from Gwen's, I didn't like any of this year covers so far. Wake up, Anna!

As much as I love and respect Michelle, the cover and ed does absolutely nothing for me.

Its interesting that both Michelle covers have the same exact amount of text :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karolina P
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->