US Vogue April 2014 : Kim Kardashian & Kanye West by Annie Leibovitz

WOW, just made someone check it for me and this is actually a Trending Topic in the USA. :o :shock: :lol:

Actually, Anna Wintour also is TT, as is Vogue and some more random things related to this cover. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Classy very impressive one more reason that Anna Wintour should retire now

This is the reason I'm uninterested in US Vogue.

I wonder how much Kayne had to pay Conde Nast for this cover :innocent:

The tragic thing is that I'm not even surprised. It was inevitable, frankly, and only a matter of time before she appeared on the cover.

It's the last straw for me, and I have cancelled my subscription; Vogue has been becoming more and more vacuous with every issue so I'm actually thankful for this watershed moment as it has made me reevaluate my subscription and has made me realise I was only subscribed out of misplaced sentimentality.

So it happened. Seven years of biblical plagues ahead of us.

Yes Anna has lost against Ricky's influence, and trust me, his people worked Condé Nast severely, well played Kanye. The perfect coverwh*ore for this business. It's fashion people not rocket science.
That said, can we address Annie Leibovitz contribution here? This woman has the biggest production circus handling her shoots and this is what she comes up with? Unfortunate how lazy and uninspirational her work has become. Perfect match for US Vogue!

forget that is Kim & Kanye... imo this is so bland and boring cover! -_-

What does annoy me though, is that Kim K got a Vogue cover before folks like Kerry Washington and Lupita Nyong'o.

I'm annoyed too but at least TWO people of color are on the cover. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened?

Let me get my popcorn out...

I seriously have to laugh at how tightly wound people let their pants get about these two featuring on a cover that will be out of circulation and probably out of memory in about 8 weeks time.

That said it's quite bland. Steven Klein could've done something more interesting than these two. Time for Annie to hang it up; don't think I can recall the last time she produced something "noteworthy".

Poor Victoria Beckham. Not even being a credible designer is enough for her to land American Vogue. Perhaps, she should release a sex tape as well?

After seeing Lena on the cover, I think anyone can be on the cover, so don't worry.
The only ones that will not be on the cover, will be the models

Kim and Kate in the same issue? It's just nothing but boobs and butts for April!

They had Academy Award's Best Actress Cate Blanchett on the January cover and now the Razzies Worst Actress winner on the April cover. They should do this every year.

Just lost a little bit respect for Vogue, even though I don't really have an opinion of these two. But really, Vogue just went to the US Weekly/People magazine level with this cover. It's a shame. Having Kim Kardashian, #hastag and the word selfie in a US Vogue cover at the same time... it is not what it used to be. :ermm:

I'm actually not bothered by this cover. US Vogue has been more commercial than artistic for a long time, and I'm pretty sure this issue will sell well.

What does annoy me though, is that Kim K got a Vogue cover before folks like Kerry Washington and Lupita Nyong'o.

LBR, Anna probably allows one black person on the cover every 4 years. She should be ashamed for the lack of diversity on the covers. Kerry and Lupita are fashion darlings that the industry ACTUALLY adores and yet Kim gets a cover before them? It doesn't make sense. It's like that quote by Omorosa on the Bethenny talk show where she said colored women have to be exceptional and grand to be taken serious and non-colored women can at least be amateur and they'll get praised. :rolleyes:
TBH, I think Anna's time at the magazine should be up. We need new blood.

If you know anything about Diana Vreeland, you'd now that she would have been the FIRST one to do this in the 60s. "Youth Quake" anyone???

How is a person like Kim Kardashian even remotly releated to the concept of the 60's youthquake?

All publicity is good publicity.

Anna put Denim on the cover, People were shocked and disdained.

Anna put Celebs on the cover. People were shocked and disdained.

Anna put KIM KARDASHIAN on the cover. People were disdained, but she boosted sales 100%

I mean it's an okay cover and it's not the worst thing I've seen.

Ok, so this is supposed to be The Shape Issue so of course it makes a lot of sense to put a wedding-like picture on the cover, like really what the actual hell, get your sh*t together Vogue. I get some people make a lot of fuzz out their wedding but they just had to ruin what's supposed to be an special issue. Lupita Nyong'o would have been a better fit for this month. I'm deeply dissapointed, I can't even manage to wrap my head around this.

But even as dissapointed as I am, bringing up the sex tape as a reason why she doesn't deserve the cover is vicious, who are we to judge that really. Focus on her contribution into fashion which is not of any transcendency to the industry even when she holds under her belt a big brand of clothing and I don't know what other contracts. Between her and Victoria Beckham the latter has really paved her way to stardom with actual talent and wasn't molded as a product by her famous husband.

How is a person like Kim Kardashian even remotly releated to the concept of the 60's youthquake?

It was a trend favored by young people that was unpopular among their subscribers. Do you get it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->