US Vogue August 2020 : Simone Biles by Annie Leibovitz

Finally! For a second I thought Serena Williams was the only athlete that mattered.

I love this. Very rich and victorious.

If this was shot in March, I'm guessing it was meant for June or August (like their other Olympic-themed covers)

And I am excited to see the Women Photographers feature. One aspect of diversity everyone overlooks is the lack of diversity in a male-dominated photographer roster.

Last edited:
A correct cover in the circumstances. It feels glorious and empowering indeed.

The Olympics would've started on July 23rd so I think this was always the August cover.

I hate that Vogue is doing multiple covers now, it's so unnecessary.
The first cover looks glorious and powerful. Gotta give it to Annie, she nails her Vogue covers! Although, I can't unsee that yellow airbrush on Simone's hair. What is that??

As for the second cover... completely unnecessary and bad. Should've been scrapped.
Edit: Just noticed it's a digital exclusive... Still think it should've been scrapped tho.

For a second I thought it was a bit of a random pick, I totally forgot the Olympics was supposed to start this month!

Fantastic cover for a fantastic young woman. Annie is still the best for these type of subject matter cover shoots.

Very powerful cover!
She exudes confidence and I love that!
Even if I would have loved to have a pure fashion cover, the climate right now is too heavy for US Vogue to just do that.
It’s a very appropriate cover!

I take this over Landscapes and Children’s drawings.

US Vogue and VP delivered!

I wish it had fashion in it, but nonetheless a very cool cover. I'm pretty sure this is the first cover I've seen that actually shows power, like the cover matches the statement.

I feel really bad about the first cover it had good potential but the way her neck strains on the cover is not flattering, they should have changed the way her face was positioned since I think the way her back is positioned to the camera is great!

Why are we surprised that American Vogue isn't fashion, though? There has been no fashion there in a reaaaaally long time.

That being said, I'm really curious about September. Who's going to be on the cover? Was it prepared in advance? I'm ready for a disappointment lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->